graw2 pc release date

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurking GRINies....is a good thing!!!

All this hand-wringing about a release delay and the devs are surfing the web; just how is that a good thing??

Looks to me like GRIN needs a hall monitor. :shifty:

My guess still is that if they have time lurkin' over here at GR.NET, they are not working. :unsure:

So if they are not working anymore, the game could already be finished and send off to UBI.

The GRINers are going mad as well. Go figure, you did your work but can't say nothing because UBI is holding the strings. They are pressing 'refresh' (F5), F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, and on hoping UBI releases some info for the crowd that goes mad.

Just a thought :ph34r:

All this hand-wringing about a release delay and the devs are surfing the web; just how is that a good thing??

Or you could look @......these guys are dedicated to the fan base of GRAW, so while they are on there break from work

they are checking up on the posting about GRAW2!! Or maybe while on there work break, they just like to hang with us @ GR.NET because they enjoy our company!!!

Or you could look @......these guys are dedicated to the fan base of GRAW, so while they are on there break from work

they are checking up on the posting about GRAW2!! Or maybe while on there work break, they just like to hang with us @ GR.NET because they enjoy our company!!!

Or maybe they are all in the thread, about to reply and give us all the good news about GR:AW2 when the Ubisoft rep walks up behind them and asks "what ya doing?" and they say "uh, nothing..." as they quickly back out of the new post window before they can finish typing anything for us :whistle:

EDIT: So GRiN guys - what I'm thinking is stay late at the office, wait for the Ubisoft dude to go home and then post a big reply telling us about all great things we have coming when GR:AW2 comes out :rocky:

Come on Grin! . . .

Give us some news. . .

We can see you lurking. . .

:wall:

We can not say, nor hint, anything about the things that you keep on asking us about.

I would rather login here with a "anonymous account" but you are only allow to have 1 account, and if I only have one anonymous account, I cant answer questions about GRAW1.

Its my job to see what you people think about the game and to see if I can find anything that we can pickup and use in the game that would improve it.

So, stop ask, beg or demand answers from us. We will tell you what we can, when we can.

Come on Grin! . . .

Give us some news. . .

We can not say, nor hint, anything about the things that you keep on asking us about.

I would rather login here with a "anonymous account" but you are only allow to have 1 account, and if I only have one anonymous account, I cant answer questions about GRAW1.

Its my job to see what you people think about the game and to see if I can find anything that we can pickup and use in the game that would improve it.

So, stop ask, beg or demand answers from us. We will tell you what we can, when we can.

Don't take my statement about logging anonymous seriously. I was just ranting :rant: . Don't take what I said as an insult to GRIN's developer talents. You guys rule :notworthy: . I guess the one we really should be ranting to is Ubisoft. :boxing:

:g_withgrin:

Edited by Demanufakture

Amazon US

June Release Date

Amazon US

EB Games US

June Release Date

EB Games US

Buy.com US

June Release Date

Buy.com

GameStop US

June Release Date

GameStop US

Wal-Mart US

June Release Date

Wal-Mart US

Webhallen.com (Sweden - Thanks Cirap!)

June Release Date

Webhallen.com

CDON.COM (Sweden - Thanks Cirap!)

June Release Date

CDON.com (Sweden - Thanks Cirap!)

CD Universe US

NEW - June Release Date, revised from March

CD Universe

Best Buy US

Listing for PS3 version in June but no listing at all for the PC

Best Buy US

Amazon.ca

Listing for PS3 version in June but no listing at all for the PC

Amazon.ca

Gameswarehouse.com (Australia)

Listing for PSP with date in June, and listing for PC with no date

GamesWarehouse.com (Australia)

NewEgg.com US

Listing for PC and PS3 versions, but no date

NewEgg.com

Chipsworld.co.uk

No listing for PC version at all

Chipsworld.co.uk

Outpost.com (Fry's Electronics) US

No listing for PC version at all

Amazon.co.uk

March Release Date

Amazon.co.uk

Game.co.uk

March Release Date

Game.co.uk

Gameplay.co.uk

March Release Date

Gameplay.co.uk

Tesco.com (UK)

March Release Date

Tesco.com (UK)

Sendit.com (UK)

March Release Date

Sendit.com (UK)

CompUSA US

March Release Date

CompUSA

Target.com US

March Release Date

Target.com (US)

* Updated link - CDuniverse.com - Moved from March to June release date today

* Updated link - Target.com (US) - fixed error in my search - March release date

* Added link - Amazon Canada - PS3 edition for June, no link for PC

* Added link - GamesWarehouse.com (Australia) - Date for PSP, no date for PC.

* Added link - Tesco.com (UK) - March release for PC

* Added link - Sendit.com (UK) - March release for PC

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Come on Grin! . . .

Give us some news. . .

:pokerface: Well that shot the hell outa my theory...... :group: " they hang out in here cause they like us" :cold:

w00t Hey GRINWiking :shhhh: how about I send ya my login and password for the fourms....and I :- will make the details available to the fourms!!! :boxing:

One thing for sure I hope this community has learned... let's just wait until the game is ready before it is launched ...

Last time peeps all whinned and complained that the game was going to be delayed and we got a half finished game..

If you want the same thing again.. keep it up..

As we know UBI likes to listen at the wrong times..

IMHO

I think GRINWiking's statement about only being able to have a single anonymouse account is silly, if they wanted to have an anonymous account they could. Not only could they just create it on their own they could also have it provided by the mods with very little question I'll bet. Just an opinion... doesn't really matter to me either way.

As for IrishStouts warning about an unfinished game I guess I have lower expectations. I don't expect a game to be perfect, in my opinion if the software seems stable and your development team is ready to put out a release then I say go for it and release it to the world. I think no matter how long they keep the game in the studio when they release it they will find they missed something and have to write a patch.

Below are my list of things I hope GRINWiking picks up on and takes back to the devs for consideration:

1. more M8 - I'd like to see the sharpshooter and automatic rifle version in the game

2. more interiors - I'd like to be able to blow a door off the hinges and take cover in a building during a firefight... if possible make more buildings with an interior.

3. mission pack for GRAW 1 - any chance you have some missions that didn't make the final game or that have just been kicking around the studio that could be released as a mission pack?

4. go to bat for the community with UBI and try to work out a deal that allows you to be more vocal about the progress on the game. I think that is the one thing everyone here could agree on as a number one request.

5. don't get annoyed when you see the same things over and over and over again here on the forums... if you think your pounding your head against the wall, think of all of us. We have no info at all really, you at least know whats going on.

Cheers,

Frank

P.S.

I'm really looking forward to this game!

Edited by chilly-willy

Come on Grin! . . .

Give us some news. . .

Lol and so peeps keep asking anyways, it will be here when its here and then the moaning really starts, not from me by the way.

Edited by JJUK

Come on Grin! . . .

Give us some news. . .

Ok, my idea was wrong :D . Though GRINWiking' answer tells me a lot. :ph34r:

:shhhh:

5. don't get annoyed when you see the same things over and over and over again here on the forums... if you think your pounding your head against the wall, think of all of us. We have no info at all really, you at least know whats going on.

Cheers,

Frank

P.S.

I'm really looking forward to this game!

I concur with this statement.

GRAW2 PC :drool:

GRAW2 PC info :tumbleweed:

Edited by Demanufakture

You have probably noticed that this is a testy lot.... :yes:

I understand that you are limited by things out of your control. Answer what you can, take what you can use and ignore the rest.

They'll get over it. Eventually. :thumbsup:

Thank you sir.

If it makes the game better, I'm in no hurry to get it. Meanwhile the map makers at GRIN can produce some more MP maps or convert the GRAW ones and add them as downloadable content :P

I just sincerely hope UBI does not pull off another "GR 2 PC" ... it has happened before, and these days you never know

If it makes the game better, I'm in no hurry to get it. Meanwhile the map makers at GRIN can produce some more MP maps or convert the GRAW ones and add them as downloadable content :P

I just sincerely hope UBI does not pull off another "GR 2 PC" ... it has happened before, and these days you never know

There is no reason for a delay. The game is being built on the same engine. They already knew the problems they had in the first one so I am pretty sure development of GRAW2 has gone pretty smoothly. Not to mention most developers start work on a sequel to a game before they even release the first one. I still haven't seen any evidence that the game could be delayed except stores getting dates wrong which they often do.

Edited by Demanufakture

Who knows what these swedes do. They are well known to make brainfart now and then ;)

EDIT: If the game is gonna be in stores on the 30th it has to be Gone Gold within a week. So the wait isnt that long anymore before we know for sure,

Edited by CiASpook

For all you perverbiable.......finger thumpers to the back of the back of the head!!! Most of us are not whinning for information, we are just poking the lion with a small stick hoping to get a reaction. I think most post are like mine...playful commentary!! Most of the time I think the language barriers are at fault.

Edited by SCE_COB77