graw2 pc release date

Just goes to show I guess that GRIN can't keep up with Red Storm. Red Storm is obviously better suited to make GR games and this only backs that up. When I find a new job I'm going to be investing in an Xbox360. I'm tired of this crap.

Not that I'm a GRIN fanboi... but I don't find GRAW for the X360 more "Ghost Recon" than GRAW for the PC. It's way more fast paced than [GR], it's linear and you play a hero.

Just like the PC version, which's also linear and you play a hero. Not sure if GRAW for the PC is more fast paced though. Anyway, the X360 had two dev teams (important to remember) and Red Storm only made the MP so I don't think they are better suited to make Ghost Recon games than any other developer. Besides, they have only worked on the consoles since [GR] and we all know PC and console players want different games.

Agreed. Honestly I would like to see what GRiN could do independent of Ubi (thus my suggestion they find independent funding for their own production). It's the only way to know if GRiN really has what it takes or if we're giving them undue credit because Ubi is so bad.

Of course, the UbiPukes probably made them sign a non-compete clause for some period of time... it would take 18+ months for development anyway but still...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is really BS. They can't really use the excuse that the development isn't finished yet, because they waited to a day or two before the original release date, (wasnt it march 9?) to say anything. Now no word from them about the march 30 release date. Leads me to believe that it's a distribution problem rather than a development problem. The game should be finished, and if not, then why LIE to all of your customers or hold back information?

I personally don't understand why people pre-order games anyways. What's the point? There's not discount really, and you still have to wait for it to ship to your house, so why give them your hard-earned money just so they can use it to finish up the game when it should be finished already?

where are you developers? where are you UBI? This is the strongest community for GR, what's your excuse? What do you have to say, RedStorm guys who are watching this post? We want to hear something

I enjoy the X360 version of GRAW2 a great deal... Its unfortunate that the PC version release date has slipped, but look at most of your reactions to GRAW1 PC. I can see why they don't want to put this game out until they feel it is completley done and ready. The hate for Ubi may be a little misplaced here due to the fact that its entirley possible they don't want to put out a game that all of you are going to hate anyways.

As for TMNT getting more press than GRAW2 PC... Why should that shock any of you? There is a major motion picture comming out, and good game or not, parents are going to be buying that game for their kids. Of course they want it "out there". The movie is free press for that game. Again, though it is unfortunate for fans of the GRAW2 series, it is a sound marketing decision by Ubi.

In the end, if it is a good game, people are going to buy it. Thats all there is to it. I was looking forward to the PC version as well, and fully intend on checking it out when June rolls along. I think people need to remember this is "just" a video game, its suposed to be fun. Be happy they are waiting until its "fun" before it is released.

UBI PR at its usual (low) standards. That's just they way they do "business" (and I use that word very liberally, I use another word for their performance). But anything is better than releasing the game in an incomplete state. It would completely kill the franchise on the PC platform IMHO.

Respectfully

krise madsen

All games are designed on pc anyway so there is no such thing as a port to pc.

Well... it may sound correct but it's very wrong. I'll leave it at that.

How so? Enlighten me.

Well, if it was that easy then UBI would have released GR2, wouldn't they ;)

Console games are not developed for Windows. They are made for consoles. In GRAW's case, it's the Xbox 360. That is, a 4x 3 GHz processor, 512 Mbt RAM and a X1900XTX (if I remember correctly). Even on this extreme machine the FPS can sometimes drop below 30.

Developers tend to use as much power the console can produce and if the Xbox 360 sometimes isn't enough how do you think a normal PC would handle the game?

A PC game has to work on several systems. It has to work on ATI cards and Nvidia cards. It has to work on AMD processors and Intel processors etc etc etc.

How so? Enlighten me.

Console games are not developed for Windows. They are made for consoles. In GRAW's case, it's the Xbox 360. That is, a 4x 3 GHz processor, 512 Mbt RAM and a X1900XTX (if I remember correctly). Even on this extreme machine the FPS can sometimes drop below 30.

Developers tend to use as much power the console can produce and if the Xbox 360 sometimes isn't enough how do you think a normal PC would handle the game?

A PC game has to work on several systems. It has to work on ATI cards and Nvidia cards. It has to work on AMD processors and Intel processors etc etc etc.

Actually no, it's not an R580 in it, it's a modified version of the R600, with less unified processors but an ondie 10mb memory to somewhat compensate for that (It gives an unbelievable performance boost anti-aliasing wise though). And there's only 3 processors in it.

And really, it's not that much of an extreme machine either. The most extreme of computers these days with a QX6700 Core 2 Extreme, 4 gigs of DDR2-800, and 8800GTXs in SLI could whoop that sucker's ass if a developer ever decided to spend time optimizing for that particular configuration the way it does for consoles. But they don't.

This is from a dev from Ubi Montreal who worked on R6: Vegas (which became a port for the PC). Sure, all games are created on the PC, but are created for a specific platform. Hence a game designed for the PS2 will not work on the XBox or the PC without reworking parts of the game and reoptimizing it for the platform it is to be used on.

How so? Enlighten me.

True, console game are not designed for windows even though they are often built with windows which is really what I meant. Sure it wouldn't be easy, but it is still possible. However, I was going off on a rant :rant: because of waking up to find out that GRAW is officially delayed. I still think GRIN will do a good job on the game and I take back what I said about letting redstorm take the helm of the pc version. Just got to be more patient while the clock ticks down to June 5th. :mellow:

Edited by Demanufakture

Yeah I wasn't holding my breaths for a March release when I saw it said June 5th on EBGames. They're almost always right and since it as become a trend to release our games after x box and what-not I just figured oh well. Kinda used to it. Better than no game at all. Whenever I get mad over this, I just think of the days when I played Novalogic's Joint Operations. Made me literally shiver. Also makes me wanna vomit thinkin about those days. So many hackers/glitchers in that game, I actually started cussing to try and get banned so when they just banned me from their forums and not the game, I just deleted my account. I mean seriously that just goes to show they don't care anymore cause I even reported myself, including screenshots of me using foul language in the game. Waiting for a game is like target shooting with a pistol. Don't dwell on the bad things. Think positive. It's all very zen.

This is great.... just think about all the extra time you'll be able to spend with your wife (significant other), and kids if you have them.. :D:tomato:

Maybe I'll even get some work done, at work.

Work? Work?! Why on Earth would you want to do that?

Seriously, it's annoying that it's delayed but we all knew it would happen. And it's sunny outside, I might go kick the footy ;)

Kickin the footy's overrated. Buy some cammies(ACUs, Woodland BDUs, Desert BDUs, MARPAT digi camo), a rio grande bag(preferably 45 liter) or jumbo rucksack, some jungle, assault, and desert boots, face paint, a training rifle(red and blue plastic pieces of dook), a GPS, a compass, and a map of a hiking site and go out camping for 3 days. Oh and don't forget the civilian version of MREs(Mountain House) and a camelbak hydration system. Camping to me is much funner than throwing/kicking the pigskin. I mean all of this stuff is gonna set you back a lot more money than GRAW 2 but it's more worth it to me. I'm still not sure whether or not I wanna buy GRAW 2. I mean it looks like a sweet game but it's either that or more cool military gear. I'm really looking forward to getting a pair of shooting gloves. Preferably Damascus. Hatch is a good brand too. Also need a desert cleaning boots for my desert boots and also wanna get some assault boots once I get into action pistol shooting. But yeah go GRAW 2!

It doesn't matter much to me that the game is delayed, I get more time for other stuff - it isn't exactly as I have been robbed of my spare time.

A bad thing with a June release is that I and many other I assume are less attached to out PC:s during the summer months. I might be buying the game in mid August.

BTW, all cars are made in urban areas so there is no such thing as cars designed being used in cities.

Yeah this is getting a little ridiculous. Looks like I'm gonna be investing all my money in military gear. I'd be willing to wait til June 5th but I'll be way too busy in July. I'll probably be done with Arabic class but I'll definately be busy with my recruiter. Ubisoft, where did I go wrong with you. I'm putting you up for adoption. Your older, better brother US Cav, Ranger Joes, US Patriot, and 1st Army don't disappoint me like you do. They always deliver...within 2 or 3 days. All you ever do is delay and come up with calendar glitches. Goodbye son.

p.s. I'll still be in the real world military forums.

^Thanks for the link.

Well July it is then...3+ mos until the release, or next delay.

I wonder if anyone has managed to inform Ubi/GRIN.

They just might need that medic.

Hey NoQuarter... instead of your "Waiting for Server" sig image, how 'bout "Waiting for June..." :)

I see UbiSuck hasn't graced us with a formal announcement yet... how very "screw you" of them. And no word from GRiN, either... in fact, I haven't seen a post from a GRiNNER for a while now. Wonder if they're starting to doubt the intelligence of selling their collective soul to UbiShaft...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I see UbiSuck hasn't graced us with a formal announcement yet... how very "screw you" of them. And no word from GRiN, either... in fact, I haven't seen a post from a GRiNNER for a while now. Wonder if they're starting to doubt the intelligence of selling their collective soul to UbiShaft...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

How many members in this forum? 1000? 2000?

How many copies of the PC version alone do they expect to sell -whenever- it comes out? 30,000? 40,000?

Starting to understand why any hardcore fanbase means nothing to any large software publisher?

Only the numbers matter, not which month it gets published or who gets upset over it. The only way they would stick to a release date is if their stock price depended on it...

Well, guess what? It matters zilch.

Have a nice day. :wall:

A bad thing with a June release is that I and many other I assume are less attached to out PC:s during the summer months. I might be buying the game in mid August.

not for me :P its a prefect time for a new game. with it being 120 + out side during that time. its stay out of the heat time!!!!!!!!!!! lol

not for me :P its a prefect time for a new game. with it being 120 + out side during that time. its stay out of the heat time!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Amen to that, these Virginia summers are a lot worse then the Montana summers I grew up in.