Would you pay for an official GR:AW 2 map pack?

Imagine GRIN would create a map pack?

Would you be willing to pay for it?

Please reply w/ either:

1. Yes

2. Depends on the amout of maps (state the amount of maps)

3. No, but I would love a GRAW2 map pack

4. No, don't need map pack

Thanks.

--

1. I would pay for a map pack/expansion pack.

Edited by C9.Constantine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way I would ever pay for a map pack, to be honest I can't even see why it should be a question.

GRIN should develop a map pack for free, simply because that is the tradition...

Gearbox that have released titles for UBI have done it, so why can't GRIN ?

1. Yes Say

around 7 or 10 $ for map packs of 5 to 7 maps

around 12 $ to 15$ for map packs of 10 + maps

PROVIDED a lot of information is available about the maps AND their difficulty levels known before purchasing

NOTE also : my experience to date with most mod maps ( coop ones) has been mixed. Most are too hard for casual gamers. That is, they do not scale well for different type of players (for casual to advanced players). If you want Graw + Graw 2 games to survive and thrive, you need casual gamers as well on board. Having only hardcore gamers on board is not enough.

I asked questions on this forum about the best mod maps for casual players ( [GR] coop maps) and I am getting hardly any answers. Me and my friends are casual gamers (the 8 of us all have limited time ( jobs + family) but are willing to pay for retail games and add-ons if they are good.

If we cannot enjoy playing once in a while maps that are accessible as well to casual gamers, then we will soon be lost to this community and will put our dollars elsewhere.

It is THE critical challenge: have new maps that are well done and scalable, that is, playable by both casual gamers as well as hardcore gamers. And yes, then, we will gladly send the money to modders or GRIN.

2. 14 maps for MP. Brings us to 20 official for MP, should have had around there to begin with. If something like that came out, I would buy it no problem. Must include the auto downloader fix as well.

Well, a TPV cover system vis a vis R6V would be a deal killer for me as far as a tac-sim is concerned (R6V is a fun game in it's own right, but far from a tac-sim). But, I don't know why Grin couldn't implement a cover system similar to R6V that leaves you in the first person view:

>Put your back to a wall, you're looking away.

>Swing out from cover, your perspective swings around, staying in FPV.

I even think the animations are already there to do this.

I would pay for a map pack. because I honestly believe a well designed abundant map pack would grow this community. It would make this game desireable to the ppl that didnt want it.

But i have seen in the past comments. The mexico thing is kinda overdone. lets go somewhere else please.

Yep, I'd pay. If you guys remember, IT and DS were basically map packs.

Yeah, basically, with a whole new campaign for each expansion, and a few, not many weapon additions, and if I remember correctly a few new MP gametypes. This really made everyone happy. the Sp & Mp'rs.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Yep, I'd pay. If you guys remember, IT and DS were basically map packs.

Yeah, basically, with a whole new campaign for each expansion, and a few, not many weapon additions, and if I remember correctly a few new MP gametypes. This really made everyone happy. the Sp & Mp'rs.

And that's something that really bugged me and why I didn't care much about the GRAW mappacks. Given the cheaters, and other crap that's on the servers that DO have players, it's getting pretty boring replaying the missions over and over and over. It's like the concept of supporting the community's desire just isn't there anymore and ultimately it's the community that pays their salary by buying their game. And that support gets the game noticed and god forbid popular rather than people who grumble constantly about what? Lack of dev support for their baby, which to be rude I guess, is like conceiving, birthing, and throwing it in an orphanage and moving on. A product is a responsibility, and if RSE is taking over, then thank god, as we got mondo support from GR1 and the ability to keep a game rolling for about 6-7 years?

And that's what nobody realizes. Sure the SP side of the spectrum is a tad smaller, but usually sometimes you'd like to be a player in a fictional story, rather than just running around machoing about, and cheating because you don't want to take the time to hone those skillz.... Mp'rs get more focus due to the internet and because the AI in some cases, just blew anyways (both enemy and friendly), so it was hip to be hunting your virtual buddies (nee targets) and having a good ol' time, which is why it saddened me with BF2142, which overall could have a real cool SP element, but alas, you gotta go to EA and such and do the virtual killing online. Which kinda sucks when you're deploying somewhere and well, can't just hop online and take care of what you gotta do (and what you gotta do is more important than gaming anyways). And what blows it's not GRIN, Ubisoft asking these questions, it's another community member. Don't get me wrong, it's good that we're in some way trying to look out for each other, but man, you'd think that if you spent so much time on something, i.e. your investment, you'd at least appear to care about public opinion.