Would you pay for an official GR:AW 2 map pack?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, our esteemed colleague, GRIN_Wolfsong, did not claim that 62k number. THAT number came from a different source in a different discussion topic. The number that we're thinking of here is about ten times as much, >600k units. It's unclear how many actually SOLD, how many are on a shelf, how many are in someone's warehouse or distribution center, and how many of those are for packaged/digital distribution, either with a sale or separately through vendors. It's also been mentioned that the Ghost Recon franchise (again, in another topic I believe) has sold over 15 million copies in total. But the breakdown wasn't immediately available.

62k or 600k, the raw numbers are always misleading. One number that IS NOT misleading, at least to Ubishaft, is the particularly SMALL number of squeaky-wheel players here who continue to bash their product. In the grand scheme, we H8rz are the extremely small minority.

I think Wolfy said 62,000 sold retail...hahahahahah...lolololol...No its a bomb.Good bomb,but never the less aBomb.

I think Wolfy said 62,000 sold retail...hahahahahah...lolololol...No its a bomb.Good bomb,but never the less aBomb.
I didn't say that.

No, our esteemed colleague, GRIN_Wolfsong, did not claim that 62k number.
Yeah, that kinda ###### me off, because when I quoted Wolfsong's post, I intentionally removed his name from the quote because I knew someone would not read all the posts and end up attributing that number to him. And while most people woundn't care because mis-quotes usually don't matter, it does matter to someone that is a representative or goodwill ambassador for a company.

Looks like the numbers vary wildly depending on who you ask. The industry numbers I've seen quoted for GRAW 2 are just over 62,000, for GRAW 1 PC sales were just over 309,000.

At least those are not the numbers presented to Grin from UBI, and I don't think UBI would want to pay royalties unless they have too... do you?

But maybe UBI has 500000 copies in a warehouse somewhere. :P

One theory is that 62000 could be the amount sold in stores and the rest has gone through bundles.

I didn't say that.

No, our esteemed colleague, GRIN_Wolfsong, did not claim that 62k number.
Yeah, that kinda ###### me off, because when I quoted Wolfsong's post, I intentionally removed his name from the quote because I knew someone would not read all the posts and end up attributing that number to him. And while most people woundn't care because mis-quotes usually don't matter, it does matter to someone that is a representative or goodwill ambassador for a company.

Just having fun.See ya on the battlefield.This game is still the Bomb.

Sorry his having fun theory.Its ok for some to joke,but not others.

Edited by The Blueberry