GR2 where?

Cuchillo*

Although I admit I am mad about an X-Box Debut, on the flip side, I've been trying out R6:3 on the X-Box, and it really is quite good. You can ask any specifics about that in this thread.

So far it looks alright, runs alright, but plays better than alright :yes:

So GR2 will probably be an awesome X-Box game and huge success for Ubi. The question is, what sort of game will it be by the time it reaches the PC? Are they going to spend time coding a modding system that they didn't have to make for a console? Or are they just going to do a straight port with a few graphics options thrown in? :(

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who GR2 is released to first pc or console. UBI don't owe me anything if they did then I would request Red Storm take back what they developed and move forward. GR2 should have a lot of improvements but UBI can screw a good thing up in a hurry. GR was first on PC and I didn't care for it at all on Xbox. Splinter cell however was good on either. If GR2 is on xbox I hope it has HDTV in mine for my own selfish reasons. Good luck to GR2 and PC community. I don't have a favorite way to play the games but want the games to be enjoyable on all formats.

Talk about turning around and stabbing a loyal community in the back....if you look at a lot of console FPS' they are moe geared to the run and gunners.... I hate to think what may happen to the GR series.... I wish I had to money to buy RSE from UBI.... *sigh*

WOW

what a sack ripper.

well ive been a ubi gamer for some time and ive had to deal with there constant bugs ( every time they never fail )( and it a bit joke with a lot of ppl too ) but i have to say if they burn the gr community ( or at least make the gr community feel like theve been burned ) then say hello to other games.

after all the wait and anticipation this is not what ppl wanted to hear. ill wait on it for a bit to see what the official ( oops i think we t'ed every one off ) responce is but i have as well been looking at other games, and plan on going that road. if ubi decides to release it on x box first then the best to them i wont be there to buy it, or the buggy pc version when they release it.

for those of you talking about making your own version of gr2 for the community, anger can be a driving force into success. i would suggest looking at some of the freeware and shareware 3d game engines out there like destiny 3d and others ( if destiny gets finiches it will be beyond awsome)

if you modders got together to work on a communiny based tactical simulator with your talent you could really have something going and i know i would get it. ( with the amound of pro. quality work you modders are doing now) :D

think about it

you know you can do it

you know you have enough ppl to do it

coders, scripters, skinners, map makers, modelers,

if you took half the content you made for all these great mods you would have enough for your own game. and you already have your own models and skins and maps to start with.

i know i would be willing to donate any hard earned cash that could help.

give then the old :P and do it your self you know you can, you will have our support and you already know exactly what we all want.

Edited by *NSO*Suli

Im going to add this:

I been a GR fan since before the game came out and I remember when there was a rumor that the original GR was going to be released for xbox first but thats was not true...... I read that in this site........ so Im going to wait for the official word from UBI/RSE..........

OUT!!!!!!

Good point Sgt. Atoa. Lets wait for confirmation, rather than basing our opinions on heresay.

Who knows what will happen. We all now expect GR2 to be shipping on console first, it sort of niggles at the back of our head a bit, and we all think this is correct. However, it isn't proven. GR2 isn't even proven.

Holy Crap. If this is true, it will be a hard pill to swallow for a lot of us. I know right now that any reference to a GR2 is pure speculation on everyones part no matter what the platform. If GR2 comes out on the XBox first it may suffer the same fate as another series of games produced by EA Sports.

I am a follower of the Papyrus NASCAR Racing series of games and when I tried the EA Sports NASCAR Thunder 2003, I was aghast that this so called PC title looked the way it did. The graphics looked like they came right off my TV and PS1 (that I haven't played since June 2000 mind you) and was rather arcadish in car setups like you would find on a console. This from a game that was supposed to be a sim. If GR2 comes out on XBox first and is a run and gun type game, it will be, IMO doomed from the get-go for the PC. The FPS games I play al have come from RSE/UbiSoft and if that kind of change happens, I hate to say it, but I will be gone too.

I am really suprised that we've all been asking for even a hint of GR2 for months.. saying 'throw me a bone' and hoping that they even do a GR2 and scrared that they might not.. but when we get a potential hint and instead of 'Yippee!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel' all we can do is find flaw in the marketing strategy RSE chooses.

When I first read this thread, I was psyched. Actually, I still am. I mean.. a hint that GR2 could really happen! Who cares if it's XBOX first.. the point is it will come to the PC. As far as I am concerned, if this is for real.. it is good news.

Regarding whether RSE is treating 'us' (the PC community) with disrespect for all 'we've done for them'. RSE (or any software company or as a matter of fact, any retailer) isn't in business as a community service for the people that like to play video games. They are in business because they want to make money and have their stock increase in value. It's all about revenue. If their strategy is to release console first, because that will make them more money... more power to them. It just means RSE will be around longer to keep making great games. It would actually be dumb for them to roll out a product with a strategy that makes them less money than the other options, just because it's the nice thing to do.

People should just wait and see. Rather than getting up in arms. GR2 was delayed for a specific reason that doesnt have anything to do with xbox. When you see why you will be surprised and delighted but wish they could have done it faster.

I won't give you more details but one suggestion that I got from a buddy that works for nvidia. Be prepared to shell out some money to get the full effects included in the improved but delayed GR2. Say 64 bit something and NV40 something or Rxxx something that runs something like DX 9.1. :ph34r:

You may see it first on xbox but they wont get what PC users will.

The fashion these days seems to be to launch the most popular games on all platforms around the same time. I wouldn't worry about GR2 being released on XBox and not on the PC. My guess is that - if Ubi still pulls a whopping 30% from PC titles - that they would be released simultaneously or within a couple of months of one another. They're not going to ignore such a large minority.

Scary thought: If GR2 will be console only it will probably be considerably dumbed down for younger and more action oriented players. If that were the case it wouldn't even be as good as GR1.

I will say it again..........

If this debuts on xbox first then later on pc...its gonna be crapola. The pc version will be an after thought of a game designed for a console. This is FREaKiNinG nightmareeeeeeee!!! :wall::wall::wall:

You guys cannot appreciate how much I love GR. Mere words do not describe. It has been such a comfort to me as I started to play not too long after 9/11.

:(

Then it got me interested in modding and all....missions, modeling. *sniff*

Freaking cheese eatin, chain smoking, wee wee mon-sewer, sacre blewww, was in bed with saddam cowardly one world government french bastid UBISOFT.........ARGHHHH!!! :o=

look a pc that's good enough to play most new pc games like say Black Hawk Down, Ravenshield etc etc can cost a couple of thousand dollars, but an Xbox only costs a few hundred dollars, therefore there are more people getting consoles as they are cheaper and u don't have to update it to play games.

look a pc that's good enough to play most new pc games like say Black Hawk Down, Ravenshield etc etc can cost a couple of thousand dollars, but an Xbox only costs a few hundred dollars, therefore there are more people getting consoles as they are cheaper and u don't have to update it to play games.

Yeah but PC's are better than consoles!

Uh oh, now that comment from me will start a flame war.

*runs off*

^^nah i agree, but i feel it is a bit much to pay for bandwith and then have to pay microsoft/sony about the same amount to play online.... <_< ...IMO

i got mine for around $400, which isn't too off from what the xbox and ps2 cost when they launched, and i can run anything to date...u gotta know where to shop and look for what's inside the pc not the name, heck i use a emachine.... :P

anyway as for GR2 not on PC, if it happens we should all form a line in front of ubi or whoever's office so they can see us pull the knives out of eachother's backs simotaniously!!!!

:ph34r:

:angry:

If this is true I will definitely be leaving the GR community and jumping onto another game (maybe Soldner). While modding is the only thing keeping GR alive, we have desperately and patiently awaited GR2's PC release. This would be the ultimate slap in the face...

:angry: All hail the almighty dollar...

:o:huh: Say WHAT!!!!! :angry::nono: