GR2 where?

Cuchillo*

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know - I just heard about this today as well.

I was told by a Buddy that in XBox Magazine - Its been mentioned that "GR2" will be released for the XBox 1st, and then for the P.C.

:blink:

Geez - Now thats Loyalty to the Community for Ya - LOL...

Sincerely,

Wouldn't surprise me if it was xbox first. All game developers seem to be focusing on consoles first and foremost. Are they easier to build for or something? Maybe they don;t want to have to support the PC community, which I would guess are a little harder to please than consoles (patches, sdk's etc).

I had a look on some forums/xbox sites but couldn't find any details. Please don't make me go back to console forums. I have to read stuff like this:

METAL GEAR SOLID WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STEALTH GAMES

I was even tempted to sign up to tell him how wrong he was.

I downloaded some financial reports from the Ubi Corporate site, to see if I could find anything new about GR2.

I didn't.

What I did find was that in 2002, Ubi made 30% of it's money from PC games, and the other full 70% was from consoles.

In 2003, PC games only brought in 23%, with console income rising to 74%, the other 3% being from Ubi.com-based revenue streams.

Console sales are pushing the PC crowd rapidly down the tree in importance. At 37%, the PS2 platform was Ubi's best market this year.

People just don't see how much better PCs can get,

I think PCs are more for older people, as to own a computer you need to have a good knowledge of how a computer system works, what you need to run it safely and effectively, what upgrades are available and thier specs (e.g. what RAM is etc).

But with consoles it's bung in a CD and play....

Well just too say i love FPS on PC aint cant stand emm on consol in the least bet! But ever since Xbox was brought too life and was bring out games it has done 2 things i never thought i would see!

1. the games that Xbox makes are going paste PC grapics like Halo and Crimsons Skies have by far accected there grapics than the PC had! :yes:

2. The controls on Xbox also have been so much more advanted than all the old consol todate! And theres talk of Xbox releashing keyboard and mouse just too shut us PC gamers up when we play Xbox! :yes:

So anyways yes i can see GR2 coming out for Xbox fist becuase one they only have too make the game fit the Xbox stats and not all PC stats like lets say old cards becuase most us PC guys too poor too update every mounth!

So that makes Xbox much easier too make a game too its full needs they want instead of a import!

But anyways for FPS i well always be a PC gamer but anyways i do so much love Xbox im glad too see its at least going too the best consol in the bussness anyhow!

$£%$" !"£$ !"^&*(

Too mad to type.

<_<

Same here.

Hate to say it but deep down I knew something like this would happen.

read.....read..... looks like one of my reasons was right....wonder if I should feel happy about that <_< .......

Anyone else feeling like UBI is your best friend only when you got a handful of dollars?

I think the reason GR has been so successful is because of the modding capabilities of the game and the great online community. Without these the game wouldn't be the big success that it is and Ubi should realize that it's the PC community which keeps the game alive, because once the next big game comes out for xbox(another Halo) GR2 would be just another paper weight among xbox titles.

I think they are making a mistake with releasing the console version first. But maybe they will improve the PC version after they see some of the things wrong with the X-box version. The obvious thing in my mind would be to release the PC version first since we can patch the PC version and then make improvements with the console versions. But as long as it comes out for PC I will be happy.

I think the reason GR has been so successful is because of the modding capabilities of the game and the great online community. Without these the game wouldn't be the big success...

Modding communities have always overrated their importance. Far fewer people play or care about the mods of a game then people think. A large majority of the people who buy will never even play any user-made content.

Still, this sucks if it's true. In every way possible.

:angry:

If this is true I will definitely be leaving the GR community and jumping onto another game (maybe Soldner). While modding is the only thing keeping GR alive, we have desperately and patiently awaited GR2's PC release. This would be the ultimate slap in the face...

:angry: All hail the almighty dollar...

Before anyone overreacts...

It's just a game.

There have been no published facts that can be corroborated as to the status of GR2.

Ubisoft logically should pursue the console crowd first, based on basic fiscal responsibility.

That's all we have, gents and ladies. GR2 does not exist in any real way, not at this point.

And with all consoles coming online for mp slowly, im afraid it only get worse :(.

Check also the official site were you can already d/l maps for Xbox...

And than the financial benifit of the consoles.. Thats gonna be a lonely christmas

Only pro for pc is the modding community but he, thats for free

(Lets go mod a GR2 for ourselves :shifty: )