Thank you to GRIN

After reading the thread that basically ran off all the GRIN DEV's I felt the need to shower them with a little praise. Not for the game they are about to unleash.....but for their time in coming to this forum to talk with us.

Many seem to think its their right to know everything they want to know...when they want to know it.

It was a privilege to have the GRIN team in here dropping the few bread crumbs they dropped......and instead of thanking them...for sharing their bread.....they got "WHERE IS MY STEAK"

My grandmother once told me about praying....."Just because you prayed and didnt get what you wanted....doesnt mean God didnt answer....he just said no"

That to me in a nut shell was what was going on here. Wether you like it or not...NO COMMENT is an answer...just not the one you are looking for.

I dont see why some people were getting flack for kissing up......when they never have played the game......yet last I checked...the ones saying..oh this is no good.....have also never played the game.....yet somehow their opinions mean more...because they are "against the man" and not some brown nosing toady.

So to GRIN...I thank you for allowing the gaming community to get to know you and your game a little better.

Looking forward to not only playing the game...but seeing you stop by the forums again.

If you feel the same way...I say help keep this thread alive....Post your thanks....and if you dont.....then please feel free to just keep quiet...and go ask UBI for info..and see how much you get from them.

HACK

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the thread that basically ran off all the GRIN DEV's  I felt the need to shower them with a little praise.  Not for the game they are about to unleash.....but for their time in coming to this forum to talk with us.

Many seem to think its their right to know everything they want to know...when they want to know it.

It was a privilege to have the GRIN team in here dropping the few bread crumbs they dropped......and instead of thanking them...for sharing their bread.....they got "WHERE IS MY STEAK"

My grandmother once told me about praying....."Just because you prayed and didnt get what you wanted....doesnt mean God didnt answer....he just said no"

That to me in a nut shell was what was going on here.  Wether you like it or not...NO COMMENT is an answer...just not the one you are looking for.

I dont see why some people were getting flack for kissing up......when they never have played the game......yet last I checked...the ones saying..oh this is no good.....have also never played the game.....yet somehow their opinions mean more...because they are "against the man" and not some brown nosing toady.

So to GRIN...I thank you for allowing the gaming community to get to know you and your game a little better.

Looking forward to not only playing the game...but seeing you stop by the forums again.

If you feel the same way...I say help keep this thread alive....Post your thanks....and if you dont.....then please feel free to just keep quiet...and go ask UBI for info..and see how much you get from them.

HACK

Agreed :g_withgrin:

Edited by Striker-1991

The post that was removed =  a suspension.  Anyone else want one?

:blink:

what??? :huh:

I think he means some muppet posted a bunch of crap.

To the GRIN guys, thx for stopping by,the top post pretty much sums it up, but as usual there's a few spoilt little kiddies who think they and their wishes are the center of the universe.

We can only appolgise for their noobishness...

After reading the thread that basically ran off all the GRIN DEV's  I felt the need to shower them with a little praise.  Not for the game they are about to unleash.....but for their time in coming to this forum to talk with us.

That was indeed a cool part on GRIN's behalf as that's not something UBI paid them to do. They sure seemed to be working hard on creating a game that will be worthy of the GR name and although they didn't include some of the things I most enjoyed about GR (Soldier Switching for one) it still looked like it had lots of promise. I doubt I'll like it as well as GR but if it has great A.I. and offers me plenty of SP replayability I'll be happy enough. :) We'll all soon know if it's worth $50 or it's a $10 bargin bin turkey until then my hat's off to GRIN for wanting to interact with us here at GR.NET. :grin1:

In all its kind of embarassing that this has happened. GRIN just got a first hand example why most Devs stay away from forums.

Im sure Ill be labled as a fanboy for even replying to this thread, but I could honestly care less, because what Bo and the rest of GRIN did here was amazing by any standards.

Its gotta be hard to be handcuffed, and have the snot beat out of ya, and I commend you all for taking the punches as long as you did. Take care and hope to see you all in the future either in game or back here.

Thx,

Recluse

I also want to thank GRIN for their excellent and unprecedented community support.

I really hoped that this would prove to be the future of developer/community interaction, but some spoiled kids who doesn't know how to communicate to other people with respect and tact apparently proved me wrong today!

Sorry for that GRIN - you did your best and a lot of us really appreciate it.

:g_withgrin:

I vote for the admins to put their foot down hard and let people know what happens to people who acts like a baby.

:angry: Mike

Edited by MadMike

I only got one thing to say to the GRIN boys:

Hvis i nogen sinde kommer over til København, så giver jeg sku en kold øl efter arbejdstid. Så kan vi grine lidt af alle de børn som kommer her og tror de ejer retten til at besteme hvad og hvordan i håndtere GRAW.

Skide godt gjort med hensyn til GRAW til jer alle fra kolde Danmark. :g_withgrin:

Dawn :D

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this comment.

With all of us knowing the tight lips Ubi has had for the PC version of the game, do you possibly think that all the information given to us here by the devs was authorized by Ubi? :unsure:

Something to think about when you want to complain about them not answering a question.

Bo and GRIN deserve a huge thanks for giving us the information that they have.

I also want to thank GRIN for their excellent and unprecedented community support.

Dito, I've kept my ass kissing to a min until the game comes out, but even if the game ends up being a huge disapointment, Grin at the very least deserves alot of praise for thier interaction with this comunity, activly listening and responding to us and out concerns. I cant count how many time I thought "thats the last question bo is gonna answer", he surprised me by continuing to address the majority of our questions.

Anyway, thanks for that, and I'm looking foward to the release of the game.

FYI, those who have been bad mouthing GRAW, are the same folks who decalred never to have anything to do with the title, ubi, or anything else. They just get off on bashing anything ubi, right or wrong.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this comment.

With all of us knowing the tight lips Ubi has had for the PC version of the game, do you possibly think that all the information given to us here by the devs was authorized by Ubi?  :unsure:

Something to think about when you want to complain about them not answering a question.

Bo and GRIN deserve a huge thanks for giving us the information that they have.

Well, knowing the way the nordic mind works, I don't think GRIN gives a ######*** ###### if UBI authorized their comments. I'm pretty sure they all know UBI can't/wont do much about it since GRIN is holding the key to the games success.

Dawn

GRIN, you have my many thanks. The enthusaism you have put into building this game is more than enough to be grateful for. That you chosen to spend extra time with us is well...quite appreciated.

Likewise, it may not be what you want to hear right now, but to the staff and admins of GR.net, thank you as well. Thank you for giving us the chance to speak our minds--for better or for worse, and for trying to keep this place orderly and welcoming to anyone who visits...especially on busy days like this.

And if I can be so presumptuous, I'd like to thank the rest of you for "going light" the rest of the day and avoid the negative commentary (no matter how much you think someone deserves it) Remember that the people who run this place already have to deal with the fall out of the day, have had to close a score of threads as people tried to ask for the same things over and over, and have had to deal venting their anger with personal attacks...all without having the spotlight of being a developer. They're already keeping a tired eye on every thread, don't make it any tougher for them.

Edited by GB Crush

I gotta say aswell that the devs spending their time responding to us aswell as reading our input is just awesome. I have been raving about it to anyone who will listen. To be honest even if I'm not wow'd by the demo I will most certainly buy the game cause support and response like this is priceless in PC gaming. I think all dev teams should take a lesson from the good ppl at grin on how a gaming community is born and longevity of a title is assured.

I want to place my thanks as well. I thank you GRIN for the time and answers you have given us.

The way things where turned today, by some members, is sad, to say at least. Its embarassing!

You can call me a "fanboy" a "suckup" or whatever you want, I honestly really dont give a damn. Really, I dont, and it wont affect my posting in any way.

I would lastly like to add this: GRIN, I hope you know that the majority here are positive and mature, and the few members that havent yet learned the skill of communication properly, should not represent the general mood of these forums... im almost sure you know that already.

Edited by V.P.