GRAW PC trailer

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I relly want to give credit to my colleague here, the fact that you actually hear your enemy reloading behind his cover and sometimes also see the mag bouncing out on the ground has been just the advantage you've needed to survive the battle!

Good deal, those with a quality sound rig on their machines will have an advantage over their foe. I'm all set as far as sound goes, except for the Medusa 5.1 headphones I am going to get before the release.

:gun:

He heeeeee that was me that asked that that was. Excellent, i love little touches like that. hmmm might have to go back to headphones to make the best of 'enemy location by sound' mode.

Little touches like that is Grin's trademark. Example:

1. Shoot a few rounds with your carbine.

2. Do a tactical reload (reload before the mag's completely empty)

3. While reloading, fire the last bullet that's still in the bullet chamber (that one bullet might save you if an enemy rushes your hidout while you're busy reloading)

4. The reload animation will now adapt to the fact that you don't have a bullet in the chamber and chamber the bullet manually. *CHA-CHRICK!*

He heeeeee that was me that asked that that was. Excellent, i love little touches like that. hmmm might have to go back to headphones to make the best of 'enemy location by sound' mode.

Little touches like that is Grin's trademark. Example:

1. Shoot a few rounds with your carbine.

2. Do a tactical reload (reload before the mag's completely empty)

3. While reloading, fire the last bullet that's still in the bullet chamber (that one bullet might save you if an enemy rushes your hidout while you're busy reloading)

4. The reload animation will now adapt to the fact that you don't have a bullet in the chamber and chamber the bullet manually. *CHA-CHRICK!*

I want your babies. Now. :rofl:

That is realistic, some guy shot his foot because he forgot there was still a round chambered, we laughed but he had to get his toe removed. Poor chap.

Edited by SpecOps.Briggs

Even I'm impressed, and I'm a cynical jerk. I have a feeling we'll still be spotting little features and details after playing for a few months ... I never would've imagined they went so deep as the reload example.

Rock on GRIN!

WOW! Just checked out the video and slogged through 18 pages of this thread!

Can you say "Game of the Year" :thumbsup:

Once again, thanks to Bo with being so generous with your time answering questions here. Also thanks for letting out your "grunts" to post on these forums. ;) Welcome to all the folks from GRIN!

One thing I want to say from the vid is that I am very happy with how the cross com is implemented in the PC version. After squinting at the little picture in picture box in the upper left hand corner of the screen in the 360 version to see what on earth my air support is doing, it sure is a welcome and wise gameplay decision to have cross com go full screen on the PC :thumbsup:

I"ve been watchin it again n again with DIVX fullscreesn in 4:3 format.

Gr ambience..Total immersion.

Amazin concept features.

<_<

woah.

Never felt that from any other games...

Really.

...and thats from 9mb vid.

Thanks again GRIN . :thumbsup:

This will be a killer.

. :cheers::drunk:

peace.

I just wanna' thank all the GRIN guys for hanging out on the board today. You've really made my day... Of course I've been posting all about it on our FWF boards ;)

Keep up the great work!

Oh, Desmond, I fully agree that a sound only teaser would be a great idea to go along side the screen shots! I look forward to hearing your work :)

hope bo comments soon on the tactical cross com view. looks a bit weird to me, but all other things I see are awesome :D

In the crosscom view you notice that they(?) have the gun to their left whilst yourself have it to the right.

Will this version of the crosscom view be fullscreen and grey'ish?

Yes the teammates headcam is on the side of their helmet - not in their eyes. So the view is a bit off set. Oh I thought you wanted it realistic :) Yes it is grey with a camera shake.

Bo, you blokes surely worked your arses off on this one. I noticed a bit of lag on the PC that ran the game..lol guess you guys needed a heavier machine...LOL just kidding though, the game looks worth the wait.

well, since everyones asked most the gameplay questions I can think of...

can you tell us anything regarding the moddability of GRAW? will we have access to code this time to truely modify certain things? will we see a full supply of editors and plugins for stuff? what can us hardcore modders expect?

Thx, and congrats on what looks like a great sequel for us PC'ers

Hi Bo, I am really wondering about a couple of things...

I own the 360 version which I like alot, so my questions are with hopes of getting answers contrasting the two versions of the game.

First off, in the 360 version there is alot of sections where you have waves of enemys comming after you and you and your team are holding an area. Obviously, the best way to go in the 360 version is to have full auto, take cover and plug away. My question is will the PC version have these types of situations adjusted to be more "GR1 style".

Secondly, when using the live planning map in the PC version, will you be able to control the suport vehicles with this map as well? Meaning will the support vehicles make use of waypoints and such.

Third, what are the graphics like compared to the 360 version? Does one have more or better detail than the other?

Thank You. :)

Bo..since you're probably sick as hell of Coke...here's a drink for you bud, I've never had this or any swedish beer but.. time for you to move up to the big boys now and relax in your new monster .GRAW...

bjorn-02.jpg

Um...Bo, we have a foreign beer bar here in DC and is this bjorn beer any good? made myself thirsty..

Awesome video Bo! Congrats to you and the GRIN team!

I really like the rope-insertions, the same goes for sliding(bodyawareness), the new crosscom system(the shaky-cam is sweet!!) as well as the weapons selection. : )

Did anyone else notice the mp5 at the 57th second?? nice, I was hoping for that weapon!

Bo can you tell me if there are more handheld support-weapons for the ghosts beside the m249?

I'd count the SCAR-H and Barret to that category. But no other m249:like weapon if that is what you mean. We trust you to make those :)

! that's the kind of attitude we need to see more from devs. :D Now I'm doubly excited: amazing new chapter in the GR series, and a wave of new mods!

Great game trailer...loving everything about it!!!! i wish i could control time so i could get the game right now...btw dont be fooled by my join date...played ghostrecon the 1st week it came out and talk on the ghost recon forums but lately ive been kinda sick of the senseless topics thats been running about so i came here...keep up the good work Grin & Ubi...you have restored my faith...

Edited by JulietHotel13

I must say GRIN TEAM... IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

I only have one question. How will you be able to tell where you have been injured. Is there any way like i GR1 to see if you took an arm hit, or such?

The reason i ask is I run a MP squad and injuries detemine rather i am going to peek while under fire or try to run to the next cover (with a leg wound i would be staying put)

I am also curious on how teammate will view your injury... (limp in GR1 for example)

Also i must say the cross com rocks!!! (the video feed) I take it the camera is off the right side of the head and the views aren't left handed, you are just seeing the right side of the player because of where the camera is. I was skeptical of the crosscom due to the xbox screenshots, but i must say you guys did us PC gamers good on it!

Oh, one more small question.. anyone know what video card that was... i am looking to upgrade before GRAW. As some of us know you can't go by ram on the card (a geforce 6600gt 128mb for example will kill a geforce 6600 256mb due to the speed of the ram (ddr3 vs ddr1) and core speed)

I pre-ordered my copy of this game a week ago, so I was going to get this game no matter what.

Now I'm just really annoyed each time I look at the calender and see that it's still one month until may! :o

After watching this video, that month is just getting longer and longer! :angry:

Very nice work guys! :thumbsup:

(Can you believe I didn't even know we had such a great games producer here in sweden? Shame on me! :nono: )

How come all the GRIN devs have such a good english vocabulary? :blink: Can all swedish people talk english realy well or whats the deal on this?

Yes we can, why?

Seriously though, the level of english language skills are really high all cross scandinavia, but we swedes excel in all areas :D

The level of spoken english is highly subjective though...

Btw, we have no beer in sweden that goes under the name of "Bjorn" :)

But then again, there are some swedish products that has been streamlined for foreign market, "swedish fish" being one of them, that beer might be produced under license from a swedish manufacturer and then sold off abroad with a name that ppl relate to being swedish, "bjorn for instance :)

Now I gotta log onto my IGN insider account and check that trailer out!

I feel the need, the need for graw...