GRAW PC trailer

1) Since there is no jumping and it is already stated that you will be able to get over low objects etc, is the a function to climb over walls or objects that, lets say, are half your heigh or higher? or can you simply not get over those?

You don't slot to objects and climb over them. That is a 360 feature.

So what about small obstacles like 1 feet walls ? Do You have to run along until you find a gap ??!! :nono: I hated that in GR1.

Edited by Joseph_Q

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Since there is no jumping and it is already stated that you will be able to get over low objects etc, is the a function to climb over walls or objects that, lets say, are half your heigh or higher? or can you simply not get over those?

So what about small obstacles like 1 feet walls ? Do You have to run along until you find a gap ??!! :nono: I hated that in GR1.

1 feet walls? Ask yourself is that an obstacle. It is realistic.

Bo, I have a question for you...

- In the weapon selection screen, I noticed that the weapon stats are represented in bar graphics. Will the final have numeric values?

Nope we stay with bars.

- On the TAC Map (command map), will there be any command grid overlays with grid coordinates?

(If not, it's not a big deal. We have been making our own custom command grids for 4+ years. Just give us the Photoshop plugins and we'll be good to go.)

It is a realtime image that can be zoomed in and out of. So no grid so far no.

This version of GR:AW is looking so amazing :drool:

silent_op

Can You tell us something more ... ? Are we going to have some kind of "jump over" button when we get close to low obstacle ?

I love the video. The only thing i dont like is from the video i dont see the RECON in Ghost Recon being there..i see alot of action and blow up stuff.

and you just seen a 1st video :)

Yes its true but dont Publishers always do that, hard and fast action its a game seller, but most of us know better dont we guys.

The game looks amazing. Glad I got a Rebel. One question, will you be releasing the sdk on launch? I can't wait to mod the #### out of this.

[3.10] Spam Do not use our Forums to advertise your business or seek personal gain. People come here to read about Ghost Recon and related topics. The definition of "spam" is down to the forum moderator in the first instance. If you are unsure about making a post, ask via private message or e-mail. :rambo:

Edited by NYR_32

Can You tell us something more ... ? Are we going to have some kind of "jump over" button when we get close to low obstacle ?

No jump over buttons. Level design is made so you do not need it.

Heh, scaling a fence/wall during a fire fight will get you killed, just be glad the low walls are there to protect YOU from bullets. :P

Edit: Thinking about it now, I've seen a fair share of guys who jump/slide over walls only to slide right into a hajii trap, always check a building out before you try to be a hero.

Edited by SpecOps.Briggs

Heh, scaling a fence/wall during a fire fight will get you killed, just be glad the low walls are there to protect YOU from bullets.  :P

Edit: Thinking about it now, I've seen a fair share of guys who jump/slide over walls only to slide right into a hajii trap, always check a building out before you try to be a hero.

Good point(s).

for me that trailer was a little disappointing, there was hardley any action, just alot of talking. After waiting this long i at least expected a 2 minute trailer.

BEFORE u start flaming me how i should be greatful, i know i should but 45 seconds of action footage, after god knows how many years of waiting is a little unfair.

But i have to say it looks ok from wot i have seen so far.

Also looking forward to gr.net's review, take your time and make it a good one!

i knew bo was up to something, going away for a week :D

for me that trailer was a little disappointing, there was hardley any action, just alot of talking. After waiting this long i at least expected a 2 minute trailer.

BEFORE u start flaming me how i should be greatful, i know i should but 45 seconds of action footage, after god knows how many years of waiting is a little unfair.

But i have to say it looks ok from wot i have seen so far.

Also looking forward to gr.net's review, take your time and make it a good one!

i knew bo was up to something, going away for a week :D

It`s 45 seconds more than we had yesterday! Looks good.

:)

Yea short but still nice, but I didn't either get the point with the black n white? cross com view straight away?...but I need to look at this clip a few more times...

Also, I wish the green "friendly markers" can be turned off in multiplayer to make it more interesting and less cluttered.

Edit: Ah Bo is here, nice, Hej på dig! Can that be done?

Markers can be turned off - even in SP.

:thumbsup: Many thanks to whoever gave us that option as I thought those markers sucked big time.

Hey Bo,

Trailer looks ace. 3 questions for you.

1.) Is the M4 in the game - Please!

2.) Do enemies spawn in when we cross certain trigger points or are they all there from the start of the level and then react to our actions?

3.) On average how many hits will take to kill/incapacitate a.)the player and b.) the AI?

Thanks for hard work - really looking forward to it.

Edited by dave81983

I like it!

Q: is there any way to interact with objects in the gameworld? (like GR1 had with doors etc.?)

Yeha...like maybe a Coke machine! :P

:rofl: Yea.. GRIN/UBI should discuss with Coca-Cola Company and stick Coke mashines on every urban map, in exchange of some some nice sponsor agreement. The GR community associates Coke with the classic quality good stuff, and I'm sure Coca-Cola Company appreciates that!

I like it!

Q: is there any way to interact with objects in the gameworld? (like GR1 had with doors etc.?)

Yeha...like maybe a Coke machine! :P

:rofl: Yea.. GRIN/UBI should discuss with Coca-Cola Company and stick Coke mashines on every urban map, in exchange of some some nice sponsor agreement. The GR community associates Coke with the classic quality good stuff, and I'm sure Coca-Cola Company appreciates that!

YAYA great idea, I love COKE more then any other pop, so its ok for me, :P