FPS and RESOLUTION

FPS & RESOLUTION  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before myputer crashed about a week ag o i ahd frap (but iot slowed my game down :S) so i dont know what its running since a new install of windows but im assming higher ebcuase its smoother then ebfore (not that it was all that abd ebfore lol)

1024x768 al;l low textures

fps ~ 30

amd 3500+

nvida 6800 512 mb :D

1 gig pc 3200 ram

1024*? res

7900GT 256mb

+3800 AMD

2 GB RAM

fps appr. 30

I will try to not using fraps. I got crashes after some games. I can play for some minutes and the down. It might be a OS-problem or something with drivers as the rig is new and I have some other issues as well.

wotcha

25-30 ave fps @ 1280 X 1024

30-40 ave fps @ 1024 X 768

6800GT (all on its own)

athlon 64 3800+

3 gb RAM

asus A8N-sli mb

settings at medium

Prefer the higher res to the higher fps, 1024 looks kinda blurry on my monitor.

However... I had trouble getting 12 fps @ 800x600 and had mouse lag with the demo on a dirty hard drive with loadsa other software installed with no tweaking. Some severe housekeeping and a few tweaks will improve performance no end.

Sartori

1280x960 with an average of about 40fps.

Textures at Medium, all settings at low, shadows off, 2GB RAM with texture mgt. tweak.

Heck, I even created an Nvidia profile for the game and slid the Performance/Quality slider down a notch to "Performance". Got me some more frames - well worth it - game still looks fine.

At the 11xx X 8xx res, the jaggies start to tone down a bit. At anything higher, I don't really notice them.

1280x960 with an average of about 40fps.

Textures at Medium, all settings at low, shadows off, 2GB RAM with texture mgt. tweak.

Heck, I even created an Nvidia profile for the game and slid the Performance/Quality slider down a notch to "Performance". Got me some more frames - well worth it - game still looks fine.

At the 11xx X 8xx res, the jaggies start to tone down a bit. At anything higher, I don't really notice them.

KEEP POSTING it's exactly what is needed... It's amazing that after nearly 500 VIEWINGS

that there are only 30+ POSTS and 60 VOTES

[votes shown in the vote meter as one click for FPS and one for resolution]

come on lads [and lasses] POST & VOTE... your country needs you :thumbsup:

1024 * 768 refresh rate @ 60

Between 27 and 40 FPS avg. 34

mixed settings med and high with tweak, 4x AF

P4 Prescott 3.0ghz OC to 3.15

2 GB Corsair XMS ram

BFG 6800GT 256MB AGP

Asus P4P800-E motherboard

250GB WD 7200rpm hard drive

Rosewell 550 watt PS

I also play at 1280x960 which wasn't listed. I did not select 1280x1024 in the poll.

FPS measured by FRAPs jumps around depending on the map and what is rendered in my view. I get anywhere from 33-48 FPS with very little stutterring.

I run my sound at medium with EAX off as I mostly use headphones or a 3.1 speaker system.

Textures are set to medium

Post effects are low.

Dynamic Shadows are off.

I have the Aegia Physx software drivers installed and enabled.

System:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

PNY GF6800 GT (256MB)

Audigy 2ZS

1 GB Corsair RAM

Nothing is overclocked.

Edited by OSO

My machine is ok on every map but one, I usually stay above 35 FPS, which is fine, except the Warehouses map.

On the Warehouses map, there are so many people in close proximity, and so much stuff flying around and being blown up, that my FPS can go down to 5 FPS!!!!

If anyone knows anything, they know FPS is dependent on the resolution, so the higher the res. the lower the FPS.......

So is the amount of memory...and the CPU....

Taking resolution and a vid-card into the equasion but leaving out the rest isn't a true comparison IMO.

Average 30-35 FPS with ATI Radeon X1600 AGP 512 MB card with 1 gig ram, at 1024x768 everything on high. Should go up a bit when I add a second gig of ram.

I also play at 1280x960 which wasn't listed. I did not select 1280x1024 in the poll.

FPS measured by FRAPs jumps around depending on the map and what is rendered in my view. I get anywhere from 33-48 FPS with very little stutterring.

I run my sound at medium with EAX off as I mostly use headphones or a 3.1 speaker system.

Textures are set to medium

Post effects are low.

Dynamic Shadows are off.

I have the Aegia Physx software drivers installed and enabled.

System:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

PNY GF6800 GT (256MB)

Audigy 2ZS

1 GB Corsair RAM

Nothing is overclocked.

Have you attempted to uninstall the Aegia Physx drivers completely and see if that improved your FPS at all ? Be interesting to see if it made a difference (whether good or bad)

If anyone knows anything, they know FPS is dependent on the resolution, so the higher the res. the lower the FPS.......

So is the amount of memory...and the CPU....

Taking resolution and a vid-card into the equasion but leaving out the rest isn't a true comparison IMO.

If you read the Whole thread, you would of read that's been aknowledged... it's a rough idea i'm after not a TECHINAL DATA BASE OF

CPU

MEMORY

DRIVERS

GFX

etc

etc.....

:thumbsup:

1024x768@60 = 25-30FPS

GRAW Video Setting :

Texture Quality : Medium

Texture Filtering:Anistropic 16x

Effects quality: High

Brightness : 1.50

Dynamic Shadows: High

Dynamic Light : Tick

Post Effects : High

Aspect Ratio : Auto

GRAW Audio Setting:

Master Volume : 0.50

Rendered : Generic Software

Quality : Medium

Music Volume : 0

SFX Volume : 87

EAX Enabled : Tick

Below is my PC specs :

MSI GeForce NX6600GT 128MB DDR3 ( Driver update to 84.66 from guru3d)

AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+

MSI K8T MS-6702

Kingston PC-3200 DDR400 2GB

WD 80GB SATA Drive

Creative Soundblaster Inspire Speaker

WinXP Home Edition (Genuine)

Samsung SyncMaster 713N 17" LCD Display

I also follow Spectre advice in tweaking your XP for good performance here is the link http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7419

So far so good, no problem at all, i love my PC :thumbsup: and i love my GRAW :thumbsup: ...muaaahhhh...

and i love GRIN :thumbsup:

P/S : i've uninstall too the AGEIA PHYSX..

Edited by Danish1705

3200 AMD

2G RAM

ATI x600 256M

1024X768 @ 60

FRAPS : 20-30 to a low 10-15 on crowded zone in some Maps

or when i use the SCAR Zoom. :angry:

(But FRAPS seems to slow down GRAW more than other games goin down to a low 8 FPS

when recording.......)

Havent loose much FPS getitn higher settings such EXTREME sound quality and

HIGH texture and others.

And havent gain much FPS lower down the reso to 800X600 and gettin a MID-LOW qlty setting.

The AUTO setting in game gives me mostly HIGH setting for Video and EXTREME for Sound :blink:

The game runs ok on a 2v2 Domination so far.

Better than Campaign/Coop mode.

*Using Hamachi for Coop and domination.

peace.

Edit: I gain 3-5 FPS when i disabled the ''post effect'' (the yellow filter) in the .xml.

Edited by pagey

35-45 FPS @ 1024x768@75hz

25-35 FPS 1280x1024@60hz but slightly annoying mouse lag

P4 3.0 prescott

1GB dual channel DDR

Evga 6800GS 256mb superclocked

80 GB Seagate serial ata

neopower 480 watt powersupply

Creative audigy xgamer

Plantronics audio 90 headset

Antec full tower

Nothing overclocked

Game settings =

Textures medium (same fps on high though with xml edit)

Post effects = any setting same fps but looks better on low for me

Dynamic shadows= off (drops 5 to 10 fps with it on)

Dymanic lighting = on (no effect on fps. looks better on)

Physics effects = high (forget what the setting is called)(no effect on fps rather on nor off. warehouse lags the same with a lot of physics going on, on either setting, only map that does this)

Drivers =

All at the latest releases

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I voted 70-80 frames. my res isnt on there, but im using 1440x900 (16:10 widescreen display's native res)

my setup is in my sig, although my video card isnt the radeon x1900xtx anymore its the geforce 7900gtx :grin1: