FPS and RESOLUTION

FPS & RESOLUTION  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So i've started my second thread, this time in response to the may members that post FPS [Frames Per Second] with no reference to resolution. If anyone knows anything, they know FPS is dependent on the resolution, so the higher the res. the lower the FPS.......

1.Ok all I want to know and though it would be a good reference for other members is:

WHAT IS YOUR AVERAGE FPS AND AT WHAT RESOLUTION DO YOU GET THAT AVERAGE? [and no peak or max or highest bit] I just want you to list your true average [ not prizes for highest], I think you get the idea...

So you can post a little post with, Hi i'm the white Rabbit and I get 32FPS@800x600

my graphics card is ATI9600pro OK [I NEED THE GRAPHICS CARD TOO]

DON'T BE SHY.... I DON'T NEED YOUR SYSTEM SPECS

REMEMBER: READ, POLL & POST

AND HAVE A GO AT THE POLL for FUN .....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22@1024x786 (that is the average i get in screen during play)

yeah it could be better and worse :)

if you just play and don't mind (because i do not know how it will run at higher fps, if that effects my gameplay much)

i am used to it now and well ............ one day..........

athlon 3000XP (32), atix1600pro 512mb, 1 gig ram(333ddr)

all settings high except for PE @low (not for the FPS but the looks)

I play at 1280x960 but I chose the 1280x1024 poll choice to keep the poll going.

Getting high 30's on average with everything on high.

Sorry I missed that resolution !!! RockY 1280x960

p.s. FOR ALL YOU THAT HAVE READ AND POLLED !!!! POST too

8 POLLED so far 4 POST so far and 4 SHY !!!! come on lads it's here for the good of all

so we can find the real cut off point for GRAPHICS CARDS & PLAYABILITY OF THE GRAW

i think a lot of it also depends on the speed of the motherboard and processor, mine is older and my grafics card is quite new and faster

so i think for accuracy, the memory speed and processor speed are also of vital importance to FPS

but never mind me, i could be wrong ..........

i think a lot of it also depends on the speed of the motherboard and processor, mine is older and my grafics card is quite new and faster

so i think for accuracy, the memory speed and processor speed are also of vital importance to FPS

@Sui

It's just to get a feeling on this game's performance on PC's I know there are a lot of variables. this is just a rough DATA collection idea to see if there is an underlying pattern with graphics cards and performance..... I could of asked for cpu/memory/os version etc.. but that’s beyond my mini poll...but I get you sentiments...thx

1024x768 @ 60hz (native res, 800 is so ugly it affects gameplay)

20-30FPS

Average FPS: 23

PNY Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB AGP

AMD 64 3200+ 939

2GB DDR PC3200 RAM

all settings at low, texture managed settings to true

Edited by babydave

@Sui

It's just to get a feeling on this game's performance on PC's I know there are a lot of variables. this is just a rough DATA collection idea to see if there is an underlying pattern with graphics cards and performance..... I could of asked for cpu/memory/os version etc.. but that’s beyond my mini poll...but I get you sentiments...thx

1024/768 : 40-60 fps

1280/960 : 30-40 fps

everything medium/ low

AmD 64 3500+ @ 2530 mhz

2x 1 Go Corsaire 3200 @ 460 Mhz

7800 GT 470 mhz / 1100 mhz

MB Asus Fatal1ty A8Nsli

1 Rator 74 Go

Agei physyx driver uninstalled

XML file modded to all textures managed

Edited by Phoenyx

640x480 isn't possible, right?

I don't know 'Ben' I listed it because I was trying to cover all resolutions but as 'RocKy'

pointed out I missed one at that....... [you know what they say..... ANY THING IS POSSIBLE]

:rolleyes:

Play at 1280x1024(Native Res)

Avg mid 30s

Textures Medium

AF 8x

Effects Low

Shadows Off

Dyn. Light On

Post Low

I am also currently using the ATI Catalyst 6.5 Beta and definitely noticed some improvemnt in previous "slower spots" eg Parking Garage so the Officials should yield some improvements for ATI Users.

P43.2E @ 3.6(225FSB)Zalman 7000B-Cu

Abit IC-7

2x1024 Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8(1:1)

X800XT/Arctic Silencer 4

Samsung Spinpoint 120G SATA

SB Audigy 2 ZS

Tagan 420W

LG 1930BQ TFT 19" 12ms

Logitech G5

Saitek X-52

Logitech Driving Force Pro

3DMark05 6174

3DMark03 12917

3Dmark06 2162

Pretty steady 45fps average.

1680 x 1050 @ 60hz

AMD 64 3800+

2GB DDR400 (4 x 512 in Dual Channel)

BFG 7900GT @ 475mhz/1360mhz - Nvidia 84.56 WHQL

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Audigy 2 ZS

Everything High, XML edited, all managed_textures set to true.

How do you get FPS to show up? is there a command in game, Without using fraps, because that has crashed my system a couple of times.

@Tyler

Try posting in the TECH section forum aswell RE: FPS display, I am not aware of enabling a command in GRAW to have a FPS shown in the HUD of GRAW...unless a GRIN knows diffrent.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=133

Varies depending on what's going on, but usually between 35 and 45 fps but dips down to 25 if lots of effects etc.

Gainward Bliss 7800GS (512MB) @484/1036 MHz

P4 3GHz

2GB RAM

1152x864 res

Tweaked a couple of things as per the GRAW Tweakguide, but ostensibly everything is on HIGH with AF at 8x

Edited by Chimp=UKLF=