GRAW PC trailer

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About sounds and ######, does the AI enemy yell commands at each other in combat and stuff like that?

Yes the enemies shout orders to each others in Spanish - it's really immersive (oh no, it's one of those gaming buzzwords). But seriously, it really creates an atmosphere of Mexico. I remember playing Delta Force and Delta Force II back in the day (anyone else whas into that?), where you snuck into a rural village in some middle-eastern country and when the crap hit the fan and everybody started yelling in some language you didn't even recognize you went like "YES!".

YES ! That's exactly what I thought of when Bo mentioned orders being shouted in spanish. It's exactly what I was hoping it would be like.

Now when viewed the HD version of the clip, it's quite a difference, many things looks good but here is something that I'm not happy with:

The palm trees look extremely stiff and "unnatural" :nono:

-a little bit of sway of the leaves and branches would have been nice especially when there is a helicopter hoovering basically 30 feet above!!! ...

Are they always that "immobile" or will we see them sway in the game? :blink: (they were able to make brances/trees sway in GR and that was like 5 years ago...)

loll. Welcome aboard guys and to all them new members too  :thumbsup:

Today is a good day.. ya!

Your sig is beginning to worry me :(

today is a great day! and your sig is beginning to worry me aswell...

BO, some Q's

1. in the airsupport scene, the character was maybe only 25m away, how can a bomb smash in that close and not take ANY damage? unless it was like superman mode...

2. you talked in another post of yours about a point system, and about earning, not buying, stuff like silencers which i saw in the game... i also saw an MP5, so you can earn weapons aswell? any way can you elaborate at all... plus, will there be enough points throughout the game to allow purchase of all items?

3. okay another point that has bothered me, and i have never gotten strait answers, how does training work? can you talk about that at all?

oh, and great vid by the way! :thumbsup::thumbsup: <-2 thumbs up

no answers for me? :(

Will GRIN be releasing the mod tools on launch?

Yes. Not talking more on that right now though.

Buehgler_AS, I guess this means there may be an SR 2006? :yes:

silent_op

Yeah, we will plan for a release in Nov, delay to Christmas of an unspecified year, 1/2 our squad will have RL issues for a solid 3-4 months, then we will produce a killer tourney renamed SRAW :shifty:

More seriously.. I sure have my fingers crossed that Grin is providing us with the tools to make SR2006 a reality. :thumbsup:

I wonder if you can pick up enemy weapons?

One thing you should really avoid is picking up a weapon from someone you just sprayed with bullets or threw a nade at. The Ghosts can salvage ammo but do not pick up enemy weapons in favour of their own great kit.

Yes I know. I thought it would be nice for realism, one of those things you don't really use alot but you know its there if you run out of ammo. Even if it fires a few times and jams...or blows up in your face causing damage. or picture a scenario where your pinned down by a tank and another enemy has a RPG to the east. what do you do? :o=

well GRIN, please don't have us modders waiting too long for news, we've been looking forward to this just as long as the players have. And I know some of us are extremely curious as to what options we'll have for development of projects.

I normally play games with sound off these days. (long story)

No wonder I was able to sneak up on you in the old GR1 days with an MP5 and shoot you in the buttocks!...you never heard me coming!! :rofl:

EDIT:

Good to hear the modtools are gonna be released! Thanks for that!

Let's hope it's the real deal and not some simplified level-editor.

Edited by deleyt

Great to hear about the modding ability Bo :thumbsup::yes:

I was wondering, since you partly use the sounds from the 360 version, and partly make your own, how is it with animations? Do you make all your own? Or do you borrow from 360 version as well? (to some extent)

I noticed in the trailer the gun view is left and right.

I believe Bo already mentioned this in another thread, but the reason why you see the gun on the left side of the screen in some clips is because youre looking through the headcam of one of your teammates. Its mounted on the right side of his helmet and gives you the ability to see exactly what he sees (in fullscreen if you wish, this can be toggled).

Will GRIN be releasing the mod tools on launch?

Yes. Not talking more on that right now though.

:thumbsup: Let's hope they include the ability to script missions or GRAW may end up like RVS. Cool looking maps but that's about it. :(

Anything to tell us about anti cheat for multiplayer?  :fingersx:

Sorry if Ive missed it...

They can't answer questions regarding multiplayer see HERE and HERE <_<

what posted on the "Mar 3 2006, 10:01 AM" and the other post, something irrelevant ...

chill out?

Edited by ig.

Looking brilliant! Its awesome to see such Dev interaction with the community and my thanks for that

Great to see that GRAW PC wont be such a run&gun game that the 360 version is, imo the biggest mistake they made with 360 was the above combined with the small maps, hopefully the maps both MP and SP on pc will be Big.

Good work & keep it up!

Cheers

what posted on the "Mar 3 2006, 10:01 AM" and the other post, something irrelevant ...

chill out?

Chill out ?? I didn't realize I was coming across in a hostile manner. As far as the one post being irrelevant it refers to the pinned post "Members must realize though that questions need to be kept within the remit Bo has laid down in the pinned topic." Where Bo says "Right now I cannot answer questions on DEMO, VIDEO, MP, REPLAYS or the CONSOLE VERSION." The one that you said is irrevelant (posted yesterday) refers back to the March 3rd post (the pinned topic) which makes it still revelant although it was posted back in early March. :)

You asked, and I led you to the appropriate posts.