GRAW 2 Patch Announced

I think I'll wait to install and play the patch before I rip it up or praise it, but still would like to say thanks to GRIN for making it. I am still hoping to see the same map support that the XBox has been getting though.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Grin, glad you guys made it.)))))))

And i just have a one question.

Did you guys fixed bug in SP when you are switching between assault and recon mode? For example when your teammates are at recon mode they doesn't used silenced SMG.

Edited by WITCHER

Will this patch allow admin to restrict weapons classes?

Can we select are own weapons?

No changes in the kit system setup.

Other things that are not listed are collision bug on current MP maps that have been fixed. Most notably on Fort and Crashsite if I remember correctly.

Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

Are the MP modes correct?

Don't think so. But it was about 2 months ago since the level stuff was done, so don't remember really.

EDIT:

Looks more like this on the 1.05 version I have:

- M01 (Sierra) : DM, TDM, RvsA

- M03 (Industry) : DM, HH, S, RvsA

- M04 (Retrieve) : Coop

- M08 (Dominion) : DM, RDM, RvsA

The M07 (Hacienda) Coop was in the initial release together with the M09 (The Dam) Coop, but not activated. Which I think they still aren't.

RDM? is that also a TDM?

wasn't there a map called London being tested? whatever happened to that...

the new weapons are appreciated, but no changes in class assortment is kind of a downer... no RIZ is quite disappointing as well.

if ubi hasn't allowed any new new maps to be included, they might have something else up their sleeve, hopefully... i mean, they definitely had time to create new maps, and the shotguns shouldn't have been that hard to add either, so maybe, just maybe, this is an attempt to set things straight as far as GRAW2 value goes. if people can assure their friends that the game has been "repaired" completely, online numbers could go up a bit, but i wouldn't count on it.

an optimist would say this patch is a prelude to an expansion pack, but unfortunately, i'm not one of those floating in the clouds types... looks like Valentine's Day will practically be the end of developer support for GRAW2. it wasn't a bad run really, just slightly below average, which in today's PC game world is quite normal. anyway, i hope GR.net stays up for a while, with nothing GR-related on the horizon. good luck to you all.

- Accuracy bonus when using scopes or iron sights has been altered.

I don't get that one. Either the sights/crosshairs are on target or they aren't, right? :blink:

There was a bug before where you almost instantly got your accuracy increased when scoping with the m99. The way this was applied has been changed and affects all other weapons as well.

I see, thanks :thumbsup:

Is the shotgun considered a secondary, or primary? If it's a primary weapon, when the heck could anyone even use that in an MP setting?

It's a primary.

And who says it's mainly for MP?

No one. I'll enjoy trying it out in SP. But, I fail to see it's utility in MP.

It's deadly in close combat with the added shotgun scripts, and as you can have an G36C or XM8C with aimpoint as a secondary... there could be uses.

Look for even more halo/quake arena/GOW:vegas type action in MP as people do more running around trying to get into shotgun range. It will evolve quickly into a quasi-malee attack. :rolleyes:

yoooouuuulll seeeeee.

Edited by doubletap

I Remember Grin said that delivered the code to Ubi ("leave the game" for another project and they don't anything about a patch.

There was a patch from grin which never delivered to us 4 months ago,think someone from Grin said.

Is this the patch or Grin work the last days for this one?

Or Ubi works on that without the support of Grin.

Someone can tell us the truth here.

I Remember Grin said that delivered the code to Ubi ("leave the game" for another project and they don't anything about a patch.

There was a patch from grin which never delivered to us 4 months ago,think someone from Grin said.

Is this the patch or Grin work the last days for this one?

Or Ubi works on that without the support of Grin.

Someone can tell us the truth here.

Somewhere here is a post that basically said the code was turned over to ubi as per there contract. They didn't say they were leave but that most of the developers (not all) were focusing on a new game aka bionic commando. At the time though i know the patch was still being worked on. I also know it has had a lots of testing since. It wasn't promised 4 months ago, but was stated it was being worked on then.

It's deadly in close combat with the added shotgun scripts, and as you can have an G36C or XM8C with aimpoint as a secondary... there could be uses.

G36C and a shotty, I'm lovin' it. A lot of us appreciate the hard work, even those who constantly whine about the supposed lack of quality and work. GRAW 2 is the best tac shooter available in recent years IMO.

A lot of us appreciate the hard work, even those who constantly whine about the supposed lack of quality and work. GRAW 2 is the best tac shooter available in recent years IMO.

I agree, except for swat4 which is uncompromisingly authentic. I've always voiced my opinion on the move toward linear, hero based gameplay, but I'm proud not to have been one of the whiners about support, bugs, quality, etc.

I just hope peep gonna stop cry and go fight on server...for my side patch are always welcome :) ty GRIN guys!I know its a lot of work and testing...so next wednesday I'm gonna log in GRAW2 and I'm expected to see a bunch of full server cause my server 'F.O.A.D' will be on 'mp coop' we will try 'Castle day' with the new guns...welcome all you ghost out there :)...

Wolfsong, thanks for hanging around even though it's been a bit hostile around here cuz of how long this thing is taking.

I'll add my thanks too...and to all at GRiN for making this thing happen. There are still a few that are complaining but I think the majority of the problems have been rectified. We'll see how it runs come Wednesday. Cheers to you! :cheers:

:g_withgrin:

try the bp weapons pack v1.4

Rocks !!!

Someone put this mode on a server

I'm glad you like it. However, was just testing some mp stuff and for the current version of Graw2(1.04) it appears the attachements are still capped at #31. So anything beyond that, will show up as an aimpoint(#31). The characters seem to come across fine though. So, you could still play it and use the basic Graw2 kits...well, you can use any kit, just will look wierd having an aimpoint where the silencer should be, etc.

When the patch comes out next week...maybe it will fix that maybe it won't. This "synchronization" thing sounds promising, but who knows. This issue has existed since Graw1, but since it doesn't effect the core game, I don't know if it was ever seen as a problem.

Edited by Brettzies

Will this patch allow admin to restrict weapons classes?

Can we select are own weapons?

No changes in the kit system setup.

Other things that are not listed are collision bug on current MP maps that have been fixed. Most notably on Fort and Crashsite if I remember correctly.

Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

Are the MP modes correct?

Don't think so. But it was about 2 months ago since the level stuff was done, so don't remember really.

EDIT:

Looks more like this on the 1.05 version I have:

- M01 (Sierra) : DM, TDM, RvsA

- M03 (Industry) : DM, HH, S, RvsA

- M04 (Retrieve) : Coop

- M08 (Dominion) : DM, TDM, RvsA

The M07 (Hacienda) Coop was in the initial release together with the M09 (The Dam) Coop, but not activated. Which I think they still aren't.

Kinda curious...Why isn't DAM a part of the family of maps?

Judging by the performance of it when Vhladd converted it to m/p, I'd say that it wasn't optimized like the other maps are. The framerates are 30% lower on my rig (e6750, 8800GTS) than any of the other s/p maps. Some of my squaddies report frames are halved on Dam.

Judging by the performance of it when Vhladd converted it to m/p, I'd say that it wasn't optimized like the other maps are. The framerates are 30% lower on my rig (e6750, 8800GTS) than any of the other s/p maps. Some of my squaddies report frames are halved on Dam.

I was curious of that too but did not play the mod version of it. Ty for the post on that rugg.