graw2 pc release date

' date='Mar 16 2007, 11:40 AM' post='455514']

I will say this. Crysis is scheduled for a September release, and there is a staggering amount of screenshots, trailers, and gameplay footage available.

well they have to try and sell it to someone cause farcry sucks, visually great, hopefully Crisis will be different but doubtful. :D

Agree

Sure I've never seen a more beautiful game than Crysis but gameplay means a lot to me. From the videos I've seen and all info I've read you apparently wear a "nano-suit" that can make you run faster, take more bullets and make more powerful hits... it's stupid <_<

Imo it would be much better if you where just a some sort of special agent (like Sam Fisher) with realistic stuff and none of that "nano" crap that make you look like an alien and act like Superman. But that's me 0:)

Edited by Hockeystick

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree...no need to speculate anymore. If its not announced "Gone Gold" soon (3-7 days), it will never hit the marked on the 30th.

My guess is June. I have to say its VERY strange that Ubi havent posted ANY new info about PC version in a month (IGN preview). But nothing new that Ubi ignores its customers...

Oh well...Guess i'll have to find something else to play during these hard times (found out I have testicular cancer a month ago).

sorry to hear about your medical situation. on the bright side, this is the most curable of cancers @ >99% (defined as no recurrence in 2 years)

were you really with the agency? you know they cant let you go because of that and you have grounds for action if they did. even if you were in the field.

but yeah, GR2 on the pc looks to be good and worth waiting for. the integration of robotics into real war has truly blurred the line between these sims and reality. Commanding a bot in GR2 is little different from the real thing (except the real ones are ugly, have short range and are still stupid). Interesting will be how the real use of bots as probes and bait will translate to GR2.

This thread is lost in the waves, GRAW 2 has always been the 29-30th of march 2007

It has not moved..... you in the USA were under a false pretence for the 6th/ 9th march,

that has always been the X360 version.

Rocky is right and all the UBi publicised release dates have been 29-30th March.

I PM'ed GRIN and there was no mention of any missing the release and they said both

GRAW 1 & GRAW 2 would continue to be supported.

The End.

Well, has it guys hit you that looking at all the evidence, those of you on the 'other' - i.e. eastern - side of the Atlantic might be getting the game earlier than those of us on the west, i.e. Europe in March, North America in June? Not sure if it's a good thing, PERIOD, because it might mean that GRiN is letting it loose on the Eurogamers first to practically 'give it a runthrough', i.e. beta test it, before some tickler Yank gamers get it.

Just a thought.

Not enough time for a beta test so it's not very likely. Though maybe they have to translate English English to American English :P

Or maybe America has some stupid law againts something in the game that must be changed.

Link

Or maybe the stores are unsure about the date since UBI doesn't release any info.

Well its 10-15 days till the supposed release date according to UBI UK. :hmm:

No gold announcement.

No trailers.

No gameplay videos.

No detailed features list.

No screenshots in quite awhile.

UBI US doesn't even list GRAW 2 PC on their website.

Not a peep from anybody official about whether or not a delay is true or not.

June is looking better and better for the release date, either that or UBi doens't want to sell the PC version since almost absolutely no info has been released nor had there been a shred of marketing for the game. I understand that marketing cost money, but how much could it cost to update their OWN websites about upcoming games, ecspecially a premiere title? Or they could give the info to websites like IGN, Gamespy, Gamespot, etc. and let them do the marketing for them.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I guess it has to be a decision, from UBI, not to release any information concerning the PC version. Afterall, GRiN did hint at having some info, screens,etc. , but could not show them.............. :( Not even a hint if it went gold or not.......or that the release date it still valid, or delayed............. :wall:

But what really worries me is that "other" games developers of similar "modern-not-too-distant-future-military-fps-type" games ARE out there giving interviews, releasing screen shots, trailers, and being active on fan-sites. They are absolutely trying to create some interest in their game, and actively naming their "competition" ....(as in GRAW specifically), as gamer types, (players), they want to attract........... :o

It is apparent these "developers" are trying to get to know who their fans are,and are really trying to create a game that both MP and SP will truly enjoy. They are developing for ALL platforms too...... :thumbsup:

With this type of competition, (and the games are looking very good), I wonder of UBI really wants to compete in the PC arena.

If you begin to think that your product has an all ready established fan base, that will always purchase your product regardless of the competition, then look no further than the US Automotive companies. I think THEY may have a few comments in that area.

Not too depressed yet................but not exactly jumping up and down with anticipation yet, either................

Kingkat

I guess it has to be a decision, from UBI, not to release any information concerning the PC version. Afterall, GRiN did hint at having some info, screens,etc. , but could not show them.............. :( Not even a hint if it went gold or not.......or that the release date it still valid, or delayed............. :wall:

But what really worries me is that "other" games developers of similar "modern-not-too-distant-future-military-fps-type" games ARE out there giving interviews, releasing screen shots, trailers, and being active on fan-sites. They are absolutely trying to create some interest in their game, and actively naming their "competition" ....(as in GRAW specifically), as gamer types, (players), they want to attract........... :o

It is apparent these "developers" are trying to get to know who their fans are,and are really trying to create a game that both MP and SP will truly enjoy. They are developing for ALL platforms too...... :thumbsup:

With this type of competition, (and the games are looking very good), I wonder of UBI really wants to compete in the PC arena.

If you begin to think that your product has an all ready established fan base, that will always purchase your product regardless of the competition, then look no further than the US Automotive companies. I think THEY may have a few comments in that area.

Not too depressed yet................but not exactly jumping up and down with anticipation yet, either................

Kingkat

Exaclty. I don't get it. Kind of happened with Vegas too, the game just popped into stores for PC without so much as a peep that it was released. I don't think this has anything to do with GRIN though. I'm almost positive they would love to be promoting their work just as other pc devs promote theirs.

Amazon US

June Release Date

Amazon US

EB Games US

June Release Date

EB Games US

Buy.com US

June Release Date

Buy.com

GameStop US

June Release Date

GameStop US

Wal-Mart US

June Release Date

Wal-Mart US

Webhallen.com (Sweden - Thanks Cirap!)

June Release Date

Webhallen.com

CDON.COM (Sweden - Thanks Cirap!)

June Release Date

CDON.com

CD Universe US

NEW - June Release Date, revised from March

CD Universe

Gameplay.co.uk

Gameplay.co.uk

Target.com US

Target.com (US)

Game.co.uk

NEW - May Release Date, revised from March

Game.co.uk

Best Buy US

Listing for PS3 version in June but no listing at all for the PC

Best Buy US

Amazon.ca

Listing for PS3 version in June but no listing at all for the PC

Amazon.ca

Gameswarehouse.com (Australia)

Listing for PSP with date in June, and listing for PC with no date

GamesWarehouse.com (Australia)

NewEgg.com US

Listing for PC and PS3 versions, but no date

NewEgg.com

Chipsworld.co.uk

No listing for PC version at all

Chipsworld.co.uk

Outpost.com (Fry's Electronics) US

No listing for PC version at all

Amazon.co.uk

March Release Date

Amazon.co.uk

Tesco.com (UK)

March Release Date

Tesco.com (UK)

Sendit.com (UK)

March Release Date

Sendit.com (UK)

CompUSA US

March Release Date

CompUSA

* Updated Link - Target.com (US) - Moved from March to June

* Updated Link - Game.co.uk - Moved from March to May

Number of sites tracked with May/June: 11

Number of sites tracked with March: 4

Number of sites tracked with Nothing: 6

Even the UK sites are shifting away from March to May/June. As was pointed out in an earlier post, if the were were to be released in late March it should be going GOLD at ANY moment, perhaps the deadline might already have passed.

I think the evidence for a schedule slip is moving into the "overwhelming" category at this point. IF this is the case, Ubi is simply inflicting more damage to themselves and this title by not owning the issue.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

This thread is lost in the waves, GRAW 2 has always been the 29-30th of march 2007

It has not moved..... you in the USA were under a false pretence for the 6th/ 9th march,

that has always been the X360 version.

Rocky is right and all the UBi publicised release dates have been 29-30th March.

I PM'ed GRIN and there was no mention of any missing the release and they said both

GRAW 1 & GRAW 2 would continue to be supported.

The End.

Viiiper... I hate to say this, but with Ubi's track record I will put money on Wal-Mart and Amazon having the right date before I EVER bet money that Ubi is being honest with us.

With Wal-Mart's sheer size they can actually TELL record companies when they want certain albums released, within a certain window, and you're now seeing movie DVD's that are pressed in special "Wal-Mart" editions, with specific content. That speaks to the sheer size of the organization's buying power. Wal-Mart has said "June", as well as Amazon US, for a long time now. The rest of the sites I post in my updates simply add fodder to those two giants.

May/June... at least for the US. Done deal. Now all we need is for Ubi to respect their audience (and GRiN) enough to admit it this week. Again, I'm not holding my breath.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

The game would have to have gone gold by now to make it on the shelves by March 30. There hasn't been an announcement of it going gold, therefore...... <_<

Survey says.....Ding, Ding, Ding! we have a winner. I'm sure June will be the month. that gives Grin more than enough time to fix and tweak anything they want to go back and do.

That gives Grin more than enough time to fix and tweak anything they want to go back and do.

That is, if they choose to do so. They may as well choose to just sit and do nothing. I mean, really, wasn't the original GRAW delayed to a certain extent, and people thought it was to work out extra bugs?

Very good point. Who knows what Ubisuck uses as a motive to not release games on time? :hmm:

Nearly 200 hundred posts on this topic and almost 10,000 views and still no word on whether or not the game is delayed. :rolleyes:

I had an email back from Ubi today, well the press office,

Hello,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Yes, GRAW 2 has slipped to June; it should have been updated on the web. Apologies for the confusion, it has now been corrected.

Regards

so june it is guys.