graw2 pc release date

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone has posted the gamestop release date for GRAW2.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646867

It too says June 5th as well. Let's hope it was worth the wait.. :huh:

I'd say that it is unoficially delayed at this point. Ubi won't care to inform people of the delay until we start whining for a demo- which will begin in about 1-2 weeks time.

I'm going to say August 07 at the earliest, but after the first outing of GRAW, I'm a pessimist.

2007 is looking out to be a potentially fantastic year for shooters that wasn't (due to delays).

Demo? a demo released if I'm not mistaken a week before the retail game came out. Let's just hope UBI can get this right.(not holding my breath)

I REALLY hope that GRAW2 PC is not delayed. A little insight from UBI/GRIN would go a long way. Makes me want to just :wall: .

I love the original GRAW for pc. I have had it since it came out. A delay of the sequel will be pretty disappointing as I have been looking forward to it for a long time. :ermm:

Edited by Demanufakture

I am not one to really say much regarding games being late etc. However i must admit i think Ubisoft are complete fools, they cannot even do the fans a favour who pay their wages the decency to just tell them whether or not it is delayed.

I find it rediculous that a company that is releasing a game in under a few weeks supposedly has no real media hype. Most people do not even know it is coming out.

I played GRAW demo and to be honest i am not a fan of single player games i like for MP only however because i heard the lack of people playing etc decided not to buy and i am glad i didnt buy GRAW 1.

However i am stuck for a game to play and i am really hoping GRAW 2 will be the answer to my prayers and have a thriving MP.

Makes me worry when a company will not show media right up until release. I know i know it is all about getting the console customers first but still makes me uneasy.

Gamers like to be teased to what is coming up, slag Battlefield 2 and EA games off however i think their marketing is good.

We all know it will never change but we can hope i suppose. One thing i know is clear though, i hate myself for continuing to buy their products as i am a man of principle in business. If there was a wider choice of decent Tactical FPS games i surely would not buy this. That is after a demo of course.

Edited by Stealth-Cobra

At least in Battlefield series EA have actually created a game that was aimed at the PC market and not Xbox/PS3 crap market. They've also created games that have lastability, I'm still playing BFV for god sake. GRAW only managed like 6 weeks on my pc and R6V a week. I still have BF2/SF/EF/AF/PoE and PR installed as well as BF1942 with DC and BFV.

If Grin and UBI don't sort their PC customers out with appealing games to the PC community, EA will be taking over ;)

slag Battlefield 2 and EA games off however i think their marketing is good.

We all know it will never change but we can hope i suppose. One thing i know is clear though, i hate myself for continuing to buy their products as i am a man of principle in business. If there was a wider choice of decent Tactical FPS games i surely would not buy this. That is after a demo of course.

However i am stuck for a game to play and i am really hoping GRAW 2 will be the answer to my prayers and have a thriving MP.
Look at the bright side. If it does get delayed until June (or later) you'll have a few choices: GRAW2, Rouge Warrior (June '07), and Crysis (Sept '07). I think that could be bad for Ubi.

let it be delayed, hopefully it is more optimized, scalable performance and well a good multiplayer experience. graw2 360 is a gung-ho multiplayer, people barely play stealth/strategically.

maybe someone can grin can acknowledge a delay? :( sucks to wait...

I rather wait till June than get an unfinish game. If they release the game as they did GRAW they will lose many fans of the series. There is a lot riding on this game, if they screw this one up, you will never see a GRAW for PC again.

Called the local Gamestop who had originally told me 3/28 for the PC release date (3/29) in store, and they said in store 6/6/07. They are right on point with every game I buy or pre-order. For me, it ends the speculation. So we wait.... :(

It would be kind of strange if it all of a sudden just came out next week. Mainly because it's a totally different game from the x360 version, so you think there'd be some press.

I remember the PC version of R6:Vegas just kind of popped up without much fan fare, no demo, no real press release, it was just out. But that game was identical to the console version and I assume they didn't think they needed to do double marketing.

Would be a nice surprise to see GRAW2 PC just "done."

Edited by Brettzies

I don't think they would just up and change it for no reason, but stranger things have happened. Still enjoying GRAW 1 MP everynight, so its not so terrible if it is delayed.

If it comes earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think they would just up and change it for no reason, but stranger things have happened. Still enjoying GRAW 1 MP everynight, so its not so terrible if it is delayed.

If it comes earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Cell, I hope to god all of the UK sites are right and that it comes out late March... I don't think I can handle another GRAW game like the other night w/ you guys :P

Can't wait to see the ladders in GRAW2 like they were in GRAW!!! Good times!

If the game has been put back which I dont think it has, we should find out this week.

http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...05/m/5731078935

Sweet!!! That's exactly what I thought. GRAW2 for PC will be coming out at the end of the month. I for one can't wait. It's going to be great. :thumbsup: In the meantime I'll just keep playing GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas to hold me over. :rocky:

Edited by Demanufakture

Yeah i remember, Nov 05', then two or three more delays. I see a pattern as well.

...and still no official word on "PC"-anything on the official Ghost Recon2 Website. "Coming soon..." is the most I can find, and this with only 19 days left before a presumed title launch?

The evidence of a delay, or should I say the lack of support for a March 30 release date, is becoming a bit too much to ignore. Ubi could solve all the whispers by saying something... ANYTHING... official to the PC crowd. I'm not holding my breath.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Yeah i remember, Nov 05', then two or three more delays. I see a pattern as well.

...and still no official word on "PC"-anything on the official Ghost Recon2 Website. "Coming soon..." is the most I can find, and this with only 19 days left before a presumed title launch?

The evidence of a delay, or should I say the lack of support for a March 30 release date, is becoming a bit too much to ignore. Ubi could solve all the whispers by saying something... ANYTHING... official to the PC crowd. I'm not holding my breath.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Don't worry, it's not delayed. Ubisoft is just lazy when it comes to marketing their pc versions of games lately. There was virtually no info on RSV PC either when it was coming out, but it did end up coming out on time. I predict the same situation is happening for GRAW2 PC. Also, the Ubisoft France website does have info for the pc version. It has the pictures that have been released so far and also contains the system specs for the pc version. That on top of the fact that Nvidia has released a GPU driver that fixes an issue with GRAW2 on Vista adds to the growing evidence that the game is NOT delayed and will be released on time. We will be playing some GHOST RECON Advanced Warfighter 2 at the end of the month. With emphasis on GHOST RECON in response to your sig that I disagree with, but that's just me.

Edited by Demanufakture