Some notes about the upcoming patch (1.10)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get this back on track please, and not take mordred up on his rather off base/sarcastic post that was more likely to incite a riot than add to the patch dicussion.

Failing that I'll remove it and all subsequent replies from this thread about the new PATCH!

:grin1:

Can we get this back on track please, and not take mordred up on his rather off base/sarcastic post that was more likely to incite a riot than add to the patch dicussion.

Failing that I'll remove it and all subsequent replies from this thread about the new PATCH!

:grin1:

Please remove only second part of my post ;)

It goes without saying,

Thanks for this unexpected announcement on an intermediate patch pre June 06

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I never doubted, TEAM GRIN'S COMMITMENT.

a new key "u" to toggle chat on and off in multiplayer.

This means i can't see the killconfirmation messages anymore?

Why not put it topleft and make that chatwindow transparant? Or atleast give us a option for that. The 'chatwindow' shouldn't be so visible, but the info from that window is still well... needed/important in matches for example.

There should be a way to communicate with your opponent, and not by having your view blocked in the top of your screen like it is now. Also, it's nice to see who you killed; for example someone from Clan X shoots someone down from Clan Y and managed to flank behind Clan Y. It's nice to know if you kill someone behind your lines (as Clan Y) that you know it's the guy that flanked you earlier and not Another player from that team.

Think about the kill messages thingy please :)

GR1 = http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9171/screenshot03nl.jpg

@Ben

Very good point, GRIN may include a vocal confirmation in Multiplayer for when you kill an enemy with "KILL CONFIRMED" or "TANGO DOWN" this would mean, you could still have your TEXT CHAT BOX OFF but actually hear when you kill a member of the opposite team....... When other members of your same MP TEAM kill's a person from the other team, this would result in no vocal announcement or a different announcement from the one when you kill. This way, you could have your cake and eat it.

It is possible they are working on a slight change to the confirmation of kills, but don't quote me on it... :) [but the sound samples are already ingame & only a trigger is missing].

This "June patch" is becoming a legend, a gift from the gods, a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled... it's almost scary.

One Patch to rule them all

One Patch to find them

One Patch to bring them all

and in the darkness bind them

So that makes you what? The lord of the patches? g_thumbsup.gif

Anyway, thank you. It's good to know that there are still dev's out there, who actually care for their product's quality! :)

:g_withgrin:

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

because its not my firewall. i can play battlefield on gamespy servers without a probloem

I had this issue, and it was my McAfee Anti-Virus. It wasn't refered to as a firewall in McAffee, it was access protection in the console. You can add graw as an excluded process from the port monitoring.

great to hear! looking forward to this patch :grin1:biggrin1.gif

This "June patch" is becoming a legend, a gift from the gods, a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled... it's almost scary.

One Patch to rule them all

One Patch to find them

One Patch to bring them all

and in the darkness bind them

So that makes you what? The lord of the patches? g_thumbsup.gif

Anyway, thank you. It's good to know that there are still dev's out there, who actually care for their product's quality! :)

/signed :whistle:

For a game that's this good, I'm prepared to overlook a few niggling problems. Looks like GRIN has set a standard for community-developer realtions and, more importantly, a commitment to provide action to support its community. That's one in the eye for the majority of developers out there.

:charge:

Thanks so much GRiN_Stickan... I never had any doubts about Grin's commitment to excellence... You people are proving that, every time you speak.. All it takes on our part, is PATIENCE Thanks again for the vote of confidence... :g_withgrin:

I just want to pipe in that in CO-OP and SP I like not having text based kill confirmation. Keeps you guessing.

Yes, this is the best little feature ever (or lack of feature). It is so much better to have to really make sure your target is down. It's such a simple and highly immersive game trick . I would think that adversarial players would want this as well.

But the key word is "optional".

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

oh thank you o mighty one.. :rofl: BTW, i just found 1 bug its in the Ready for Bear mission, seems like my ghosts (1) n (2) stuck at MG infront of the gate entrance and the other at the walls. I have a pic here but i dunno how to upload it.

Grin can you guys take a look? i had to restart and its okay after that.

I feel like I'm on CANDID CAMERA.....I'm waiting for someone to jump out from behind a curtain and say "Psyche!!!...you didn't really think we were gonna release two patches in three weeks did ya'?!?!? HAHA.....and to think we would then release a huge patch in June to boot!?!?!...SUCKER!" If this is the way things are going to be with GRIN from now on then I'm on board baby! I'm 34 and been gaming online since gaming online was invented and never saw such a quick response as this. I just might have to break out my sign if I can find it.....gotta dust it off.....wait, I found it....here it is... :g_withgrin:

Edited by FlyinVR6