Running after reloading

Here's my first negative criticism -- something I think needs to be patched. After I reload, there's too long a delay before the run can kick in. I know this is minor, but it throws me every time I do it.

Walk.

Reload.

The reload animation completes.

Gun at ready.

Press shift key.

Walk.

Walk.

Walk.

Run.

It's not a super long amount of time. It's just that it seems like after the reload animation completes that I should be able to run immediately, but there's a one or two second delay before I can.

And that's my two cents for now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I still think a Ghost has reloaded his weapon enough that he could do it blindfolded... OR RUNNING!! IMO, I think there should not be a delay. I think as a super elite bad@$$ Ghost, I should be able to change clips while running.

But I would compromise with a lesser delay. :)

I also agree its the same thing with changing stances from reloading(you cant stand or crouch while reloading, prone I understand your hands are busy) or coming out of a run you can't instantly go to a crouch after you stop running(to avoid sliding)

Out of interest whats the feeling of that if you have auto reload switched on? Does that seem to make a difference? Were you manualy reloading with this delay happening?

JUst threw that in incase of a bug issue / alternative test to see if its with both modes. I dont have full version so thats why im interested.

Out of interest whats the feeling of that if you have auto reload switched on? Does that seem to make a difference? Were you manualy reloading with this delay happening?

JUst threw that in incase of a bug issue / alternative test to see if its with both modes. I dont have full version so thats why im interested.

im playing with auto-reloading turned on, but reload manually from time to time. imo no difference concerning the delay.

Here's my first negative criticism -- something I think needs to be patched.  After I reload, there's too long a delay before the run can kick in.  I know this is minor, but it throws me every time I do it. 

Walk.

Reload.

The reload animation completes. 

Gun at ready.

Press shift key.

Walk.

Walk.

Walk.

Run.

It's not a super long amount of time.  It's just that it seems like after the reload animation completes that I should be able to run immediately, but there's a one or two second delay before I can.

And that's my two cents for now.

agreed - makes it feel like your controlling a robot (along with no walking and peeking).

possible to mod such things if they dont patch it?

im playing with auto-reloading turned on, but reload manually from time to time. imo no difference concerning the delay.

Ah ok cheers for reply.

If you were elite you wouldnt.

I dunno about anyone else, but last time I loaded an AR15 the mags arent exactly easy to just toss in..... if you dont line it up just right putting it in your likely to have a little trouble and have to try again (sort of) . I can only imagine trying to do this while running ..

maybe im just a noob at weapon handeling... like some one's sig always says on here...... slow is smooth and smooth is fast..

or somthing like that

You're just not used to it PZ. Once upon a time I and a couple of my buddies were placed in a situation where we were protecting property and had to perform a citizens arrest on two people. I ran across a 7 lane street at full speed, as I slapped a mag in my AR-15 and racked the bolt. It's not even something that you have to think about once you've gotten used to using the weapon.

Same thing when I was competing, you would reload when you moved (and cleared that area of targets) so that you had a full loadout when you reached the next target area. I can provide video if necessary. :)

Training is key.. in real life if you know how to load your weapon it should not take long... I wish I remember there were some videos of some Navy Seals training shooting advancing and changing magazines fairly quick and it was not Hollywood product...

This got sidetracked. I'm not talking at all about running and reloading simultaneously. I'm talking about a 1 to 2 second delay after a reload before the game will let you start running.

No run and reload = good

No run until 2 seconds after reload = frustrating

I also think it needs to be improved. No running while reloading is fine, but there is no need for a delay once we're done. Also I don't know why we wouldn't be able to change stance and/or peek right and left while reloading, heck I can do it while openning a banana :hehe:

Cheers,

This got sidetracked.  I'm not talking at all about running and reloading simultaneously.  I'm talking about a 1 to 2 second delay after a reload before the game will let you start running.

No run and reload = good

I think some would like to see it taken a step further than just having the delay lessened after reloading.

I believe an elite soldier should be able to reload whenever he wants. As was mentioned earlier, there are people in our military that can do it, why not the Ghosts?

Another thread could be started I guess, but I believe it is worth the debate and it's related to your suggestion.

But like I said, if they just lessened the delay after reloading that would be cool too! :thumbsup:

Logos,

I don't think it is a problem, but I think I understand why it is doing it.

The full run animation involves the arms moving side to side (while holding the gun with both hands. You're trying to get it to do two animations that require the arms to be involved in two forms of different movements. The key would be to watch someone else do exactly what you posted.

Sure in real life I guess you can train yourself to do just about anything. You're not given a very small limited set of movement outcomes/possibilities (like a Ghost). You can hop or climb over a knee high object.

silent_op

i agree it can be troublesome, but i guess we'll just have to get used to it.

on the plus side it encourages working in squads/covering each other while reloading, much like real life.

also (provided the scroll wheel weapon switch wasn't so clumbsy) it encourages switching to a secondary when primary is dry, much like real life.

so i think what REALLY needs to be patched/added is some weapon hotkeys.

You know I do miss a neat feature from the X-Box version(yeah yeah I know but my Bro-in-law had it, I had to try it)When you went dry you automatically flipped to your secondary(considering the clunky weapons switch it would be a useful feature)

This got sidetracked.  I'm not talking at all about running and reloading simultaneously.  I'm talking about a 1 to 2 second delay after a reload before the game will let you start running.

No run and reload = good

Added to pinned FAQ in Tech Support forum.

You know I do miss a neat feature from the X-Box version(yeah yeah I know but my Bro-in-law had it, I had to try it)When you went dry you automatically flipped to your secondary(considering the clunky weapons switch it would be a useful feature)

that sounds like an awesome feature, even if the weapons had hotkeys, of course.. it would need to be toggleable in the options, like the auto reload feature.