GR:AW Delay

February 28, 2006 - Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is nearly ready for action -- the title is scheduled to ship for consoles this month. PC gamers, however, may have to wait longer than expected: according to Eurogamer, the PC version of the game has been delayed to Q2 -- or early summer.

When contacted, a Ubisoft spokesperson said the company would not comment on the story. The company had previously scheduled the PC edition of Advanced Warfighter for release in the last week of March, alongside the PS2 version.

Major retailers such as EBGames and GameStop continue to list the PC version as arriving March 28.

As Eurogamer isn't revealing sources for its story, we'll keep this tidbit in the "rumor" file for now. Check back for more as details come in.

Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/692/692469p1.html

Whether it will be delayed or not, we'll see. But by judging this post, it seems all posibilities are still open. Especially because the big US retailers still have it on March 28th.

Now, don't get into Ubi sucks and such. I want to make a point:

UBI needs to do better PR

And as a community, why not ask them politely?

UBI, please inform us in a realistic and mature way.

Sincerely,

GR fan

If you agree, just state Yes, and I will write a decent letter to Ubi.

Cheers

Btw, the x360 delay made the game awesome, so if it really gets delayed switch to x360 for a few months, enjoy it! When the pc version gets released, sell the x360 and buy a topend gfx card for less dough than now, nothing lost.

Edited by M95-Sniper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dont beleive the hate" :whistle:

HHmmmm :wacko:

Hi guys

On behalf of the GRIN team I fell obliged to step in here and say we're sorry for the delay. I can't go out and talk on the reason but I know all you hardcore fans are really disappointed not to be playing in March. I wont jump around with fancy marketing words all I can say is that we are doing a hell of a effort to get this game out and at the same time as good as possible.

This game is to stand the test of time as GR1 did and that is no small thing. What we are into now is a lot of testing and balancing. And NO the AI is in fact one of the best ever created if you like tactical play that is.

I hope some screens or videos can be released very soon to back up my words.

As for the X360 it looks great and I truly think the console fans will get what they want.

As for the PC fans we take a totally different approach and I think both games are rocking. Now we just want to make sure the PC is really all it can be.

Appologies

Bo

GRIN

Dear Bo,

may I thank you for your mature responds. Being 30 myself, I can cope with a delay when it benefits the game. I don't know how restricted you are in releasing information about the project. But just these few lines of explaination are enough. I and so do others would love to see more information regarding our platform. But just a simple No ###### approach as to what is going on is very much appreciated.

If you were a woman, I'd bought you flowers. But as you're a man, I keep it at a good handshake. Thank you for taking the time to give us some credible information. And good luck in bringing us the best GR experience till date. After seeing the very short Alpha video. You've my faith. And of most others!

Looking forward to the product.

Could you tell us anything regarding a demo?

Sincerely,

Pete aka M95-sniper

Thanks for the copy & paste Sniper.

Guess my theori of the whole GRIN team going bananas after Sweden won Olympic gold in Hockey & stumbeling over some important PC's was maybe way out of the park :P

My sign says it all!

Edited by Deosl

Thank you BO! I´m sure everyone of us understands that your game needs more development time, and you guys don´t need to apologize, I know you are doing the best you can, after all its in your interest.

I think the thing that frustates the majority is Ubisoft policy to stick to the old release date sheme, where a WID+gold ("when its done" and "gold announcement") from the first time on would have taken all the heat out and nobody would be complaining, but instead broken release dates make people angry, frustate them and bring up the old GR2 fear that another highly anticipated game might be cancelled.

But anyway, I always believed in the whole Grin team, and I know you´ll make it! Thanks again for responding!

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply, Bo.

I don't mind waiting another month or two extra. That just means I won't have school in the way of playing time!

Good luck! Don't feel too pressured!

Anyways, it sound like you and the team stumbled on something big.

Thanks Bo. Could you not have a word with UBI and insist that you give out information regards release dates from now on? If you had come out with that message yesterday, rather than UBI leaving people in the lurch where information is concerned, then the attitude towards the delay would have been much better handled by my gaming colleagues.

As others have stated, take the time you need to give us a good game and one that we will want to use for many years to come. This of course will benefit you guys as we'll all want the expansion packs too! :P

Bo :thumbsup:

Grin  :thumbsup:

UBI  <_<

my thoughts exactly.

but BO with this delay just this simple response from you is very comforting. but a video of some sort is highly needed. i dont know the reason for it, and i dont know if i want to know the reason for it, but there has been MINIMAL footage for the PC, which is losing customers every day. the bare fact is that we NEED SOMETHING to hold us over until release

Bo :thumbsup:

Grin  :thumbsup:

UBI  <_<

my thoughts exactly.

but BO with this delay just this simple response from you is very comforting. but a video of some sort is highly needed. i dont know the reason for it, and i dont know if i want to know the reason for it, but there has been MINIMAL footage for the PC, which is losing customers every day. the bare fact is that we NEED SOMETHING to hold us over until release

I know UBI is doing all they can to give you the best game on PC possible - otherwise there would be no delay. You must respect how difficult it is to push a game like this.

I know that UBI is also working to give you material to ease the pain at the moment. We'll jointly see to it that you get this.

not sure wich end of the horse is handling the pr for you ubi but im sure were in for a good game when it arrives we have the centcom and year of the monkey mods gr1 to keep us busy nice work :ph34r:

Edited by Colin

Bo, When I sent you guys that email awhile ago, You guys must have really read it. your response is of the utmost professional. With you responding I think we can rest assured that this game will be of best quality and playability.

Thank you for a response even though you can't divulge any info, we none the less appreciate your response in letting us know what's going on.

Tell your people at GRIN that our responses are mostly in frustration as we have waited a long time to get our hands on this game. We still hope a Demo will be forth coming soon so we can test the game and tweak our rigs the way we need to to get it to play properly.

Thanks Bo,

-Papa6 :thumbsup:

Gamestar.de reports that Ubisoft will host a press release with further info today(Wednesday 1st March).

They also speculate on the date 15th May & early summer for the new release. But with Ubi's records, I think it will hit the states on a Tuesday & Europe on a Friday.

First I'd like to thank Bo for taking the time out of what must be an extremely busy schedule to post here. Like Colin said, he was not obliged to, but obviously cares about the community.

I'm sure no one else wants the game released as much as the people at GRIN who have been working so hard at this game. It's good to see that there are some folks in the community here have an appreciative attitude about this :thumbsup:

I've said many times that any extra time needed to make the game better is fine in my book. The GRAW 360 delay from Christmas made an already great game even better. Not sure why some people can't understand this won't apply to the PC version.