MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

One reason for the red splodge when you hit someone...

I for one have played many games where there has been debate to whether the person hit his target or not, only to have the target turn around and shoot him dead. It usually ends with "WOAH! I HIT YOU! @#$%" haha.

I think the red splodge is to clear up that mess. Now you know when you hit your enemy, so then you don't have to complain about missing. Of course, after you DO hit someone, they don't go down so they still turn around and shoot you in the head, so it all becomes null:)

Oh...and Double Ditto to tweaking the FOV

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason for the red splodge when you hit someone...

I for one have played many games where there has been debate to whether the person hit his target or not, only to have the target turn around and shoot him dead. It usually ends with "WOAH! I HIT YOU! @#$%" haha.

I think the red splodge is to clear up that mess. Now you know when you hit your enemy, so then you don't have to complain about missing. Of course, after you DO hit someone, they don't go down so they still turn around and shoot you in the head, so it all becomes null:)

Oh...and Double Ditto to tweaking the FOV

Yeah I know what you're saying there but I play COOP and I know it's just gonna annoy the hell out of me. It'll be like "Hey there's a Mexican Rebel down the road let me take him out" And after the first shot, he'll be able to find cover cause a big orange dot got in my way. I just think it should be like the Environmental Detail option. Have it called the Big Orange Annoying Dot Detail and be able to reduce the size from 1.00 to 0. Or just have it so you can turn it off and on like the voice quotes.

That Orange hit BLOB has to GO! its aweful. what an aweful idea. The blood splatter thing they did in GRAW1 was subtle and excellent.

The inability to crouch while moving forward (you have to hit the button 10 times) has ot be fixed.

Sticky peek while in crouch needs to hold if you move sideways slwoly in crouch. That has to be fixed.

Widescreen issue and FOV. A must fix.

I love piling on the repetitiveness. It can not be repeated enough.

Remember GRiN. We whine becuase we love teh freakin game. If we didnt care, we would all be on the other forums.

: )

That Orange hit BLOB has to GO! its aweful. what an aweful idea. The blood splatter thing they did in GRAW1 was subtle and excellent.

I disagree that it was an awful idea, but I will agree on the idea that it was an awful implementation. Kudos for a hit indicator, but most of the time I've seen that blob, it's literally blocked my view of my target. Not good.

A hit isn't always a kill, and a large hit indicator in a game where your target may be quite far away means indicator is bigger than target, sometimes. This is not a good thing.

I realise that a blood spray may not be good for Pegi or other ratings systems; fine. Still, removing it entirely would be better than the current screen overlay. Heck, even RSE got away with an alternative with SoAF: They had the blood spurt, but it was grey. Didn't look right, but gave the gamer the right feedback, and allowed them a lower age rating, AND was easily modified by the end user, by slightly altering a handful of image files, or installing a tiny mod.

I have to say assault v recon is one of the best MP modes ever made. At first I hated the fact that you only respawn when ADATs removed as recon but it grew on me, not to mention the fact that you play both sides alternately and keep your rank status as it improves in the match. The tagging devices are innovative as well.

My only issue is that i noticed mouse lag with scoped zoom when looking at distances. Its not too bad, but I never had the problem in GRAW, do you guys get the same issue? I have a good graphics card so I'm hoping its not the issue...7950GT, 2 Gigs ram. It could also be the fact that I got a new g7 laser mouse and its too sensitive so i notice the lag now? I'm not sure.

I disagree that it was an awful idea, but I will agree on the idea that it was an awful implementation. Kudos for a hit indicator, but most of the time I've seen that blob, it's literally blocked my view of my target. Not good.

A hit isn't always a kill, and a large hit indicator in a game where your target may be quite far away means indicator is bigger than target, sometimes. This is not a good thing.

I realise that a blood spray may not be good for Pegi or other ratings systems; fine. Still, removing it entirely would be better than the current screen overlay. Heck, even RSE got away with an alternative with SoAF: They had the blood spurt, but it was grey. Didn't look right, but gave the gamer the right feedback, and allowed them a lower age rating, AND was easily modified by the end user, by slightly altering a handful of image files, or installing a tiny mod.

Yeah Dannik I posted about the ORANGE HIT BLOB for I don't know how long and nobody responded. Guess it's cause I didn't type it in caps. BUT WHAT I'M SAYING IS HAVE IT AS AN OPTION TO EITHER TURN IT OFF OR REDUCE ITS SIZE. Wrote that all in caps so hopefully i'll get a response preferable from GRIN. I think it's just that I'm not liked in here cause I wrote another post and saw it got 30 some views but only two replies(including one from me)

I think it's just that I'm not liked in here cause I wrote another post and saw it got 30 some views but only two replies(including one from me)

Don't think that. That's just the way things work around here sometimes. The membership here tends to ebb and flow, and their posting styles do the same thing. :thumbsup:

I'm back with 2 a few more comments :)

1- the red/orange blob - I would prefer that my ret change to a red/black "x" or "+" to show the hit instead of the blob ..it would have the same end result but you should still be able to see your target.

2. a way to go to spectate mode...One of my clan mates was "babysitting his kids" while his wife was working and had to go check on them results ? He was AFK in spawn for the round and ended up being the last man standing in RvA. Would be nice and easy to say be back in 10 click on spec and go deal with r/l

3. Need SADS asap after release . So hosting companies and competitive ladders will hop on the band wagon and make this game a big hit in the mp department. Dragging this out will not bode well for the game ...see some of the other recent Tom Clancy Game products for the PC for reference ;)

thats all for now.

* edited due to my "mad" typing skills

P.S. wanted to say ..YAY! for the TK penalty system. I was on a server Sunday night had 2 guys join our team round started 1 of them started tking next thing I know he's gone and his buddy is asking why the tk system was on and then he left too...all I could say was Buh Bye hehehe

Edited by =AO=Stryck_9

About the chatbox

It may have been mentioned before, but the MP chat lines and messeges etc in the lobby appear the wrong way.

The newest message should always appear towards the most center of screen, if the chat box is up top. Messages should then scroll upwards so that the oldest message is up top.

Why?

Because in an often fast paced shooter the player's focus is on the center of screen, and to look all the way up top for the newest message is more difficult than to look at the first line that appear in your view.

Please, don't change the order from how it was in GR and GRAW! Make the sharp version of GRAW 2 the same as players are used to.

P.S. wanted to say ..YAY! for the TK penalty system. I was on a server Sunday night had 2 guys join our team round started 1 of them started tking next thing I know he's gone and his buddy is asking why the tk system was on and then he left too...all I could say was Buh Bye hehehe

What a boni fide idiot, lol. It is those cases you want to walk up 1 centimetre from his face and tell him in no uncertain terms why the tk function is on.

I like the system too, but I played on GRIN dedi 4 (or 6?) some hours yesterday and it was a bit harsh with just one tk for achieving the result of kicking.

When it comes to RvsA, I hold it at least as high as HH, if not higher. Both Siege and Domination did flop with GRAW, but I can't see that coming for RvsA. I hope I will be able to ladder it with HH (I can do without TDM).

I seem to be the only one which finds the hit indicator helpful. But I would like to have the option to turn it of server side. I do think a tactical shooter with some ambitions on realism should field the option to turn it off.

Hello, My first time posting since GRAW 1 was released. I think GRAW 2 is much better than the previous version. However, it still lacks the tension and game play [GR] has. The game play is still to much concentrated on sound. Meaning, that you can still hear people from blocks away which ruins a lot of the stealth ability that was in [GR].

By playing this new version, I can certainly tell GRIN has took a lot of what people have said on this forum and put it into their game. Although, for me it still was not quite enough to really pull me into this game.

My opinions:

Graphics- The graphics are quite good. But, they still have that muddy brown look. Every thing in the maps have that color. Even the vehicles have a weird tint to them. Nothing looks real. It all looks like there is brown paint smeared everywhere. The textures however are improved a little. I also think that there is too much scalability in the graphics options. On the demo map, you can turn the graphics all the way down and see much further across the map than you can with them amped up.

Sound- The sound engine in this game is fantastic. The way it is implemented is not. When you run, you make way to much noise. Aren't we suppose to be ghosts? How come we can hear each other from a hundred yards away? I really like the use of the environmental sounds though. The birds,wind etc all sound great. My biggest gripe is the running sound though. I can hear other players from across the map. But, I cant hear a sniper rifle firing from the same distance away.

Game play - Like GRAW 1. The game still feels "chubby" to me. The firefights are still nothing like I want to see in tactical games. Hardly anyone goes prone due to the huge delay. The game turns into a sidestepping trigger happy blaze in CQB. Which is practically all there is in this game. There are very little open areas to really have some cool long distance firefights. (at least in the demo map anyway) There is still to long of delay to fire after you stop from a run. Ironically you can fire much quicker while sliding around. The recoil is just about right though. I haven't played GRAW 1 in awhile. From what I can remember though. The recoil has improved.

I've been playing GRAW 2 on XBOX 360 and I have to say I think I'm going to stay with it. When played with the right people the game is much more "intense" than the PC version. I think GRIN made a real nice effort this time. I can't wait to see the next one they come up with. Hopefully, they will continue to improve.

I think it's just that I'm not liked in here cause I wrote another post and saw it got 30 some views but only two replies(including one from me)

Don't think that. That's just the way things work around here sometimes. The membership here tends to ebb and flow, and their posting styles do the same thing. :thumbsup:

well done to grin and ubi for listening the m99 sniper and its ability to shoot through bits of thin metal now and not just 9 inch bricks walls good job has made it my mission on RvA to get the pony stick.

the only other issue still is the noise whilst crouching and moving still sounds like your dragging your foot sometimes.

has anyone from Grin actually stated if we are getting binoculars in the full game? I guess this has been brought up so many times but to be honest i searched and there are sooooooooo many threads of all different topics with binoculars included it would take forever to go through them all.

I think binoculars would make a great asset to this game, finding those pesky snipers would be one thing, instead of having to run around like a headless chicken trying to make him shoot at me so team mates can get a fix.

Plus for the reason of planning an attack on an ADAT would be good to scout the area beforehand.

Anyway this has probably been answered at some point in the last few months i am sorry if i missed it, but a tactical game would be cool to have a tactical set of binocs.

I still like this game, but would be better with binocs. Ahhh well

Oh PS is there actually a team balancing feature in this game? Just that every server i go in the teams are always unbalanced by about 3- 5 players and it does not seem to change at the new rounds. So annoying when people do not count before joining a team.

Edited by Stealth-Cobra

is there going to be any maps that have some green color in them.after playing all of graw 1 in brown and orange and now playing the demo can we look forward to any color other than brown or is this it.also can we look forward to any other weather patterns other than desert brown like RAIN LIGHTNING OR MAYBE FOG??? just love to see color and weather differnces.

:thumbsup:

Feels a lot better then GRAW - not sure why, but I like.

I must say pound for pound, there isnt a game out there which can compete with the urban scenes you create - that cavalera is just nasty. :devil:

[Merged into existing feedback thread]

Edited by Pave Low

is there going to be any maps that have some green color in them.after playing all of graw 1 in brown and orange and now playing the demo can we look forward to any color other than brown or is this it.also can we look forward to any other weather patterns other than desert brown like RAIN LIGHTNING OR MAYBE FOG??? just love to see color and weather differnces.

Hi Grin,

Good job on the game... as mentioned in a few other posts.

I am glad to see some of the suggestions from the Beta test incorporated in this demo.

Personally, I would have to agree with the core of people and the Hit Indicator, it needs to be smaller.

If I could come up with the best way to display a hit would be to simply change the ret color. When a hit is made it simply changes from Black to red. Therefore, not impeding your view and still allowing you to hold your ret on the target.

Before I post my impressions of the demo I'll make it clear that I'm really not into the team death match scene. I'm a much bigger fan of coop. I really get sick of the words newb and pwn so I stay clear of those games as much as possible. Anyways her is my experience with it:

Graphics as everyone has stated are really nice. Gun sounds and effects are extremely nice. I'm also not a big fan of the big red dot when I hit the enemy because I tend to lose where they go if I don't kill them with the first shot. Something a little more subtle ala battlefield 2 would be a little better.

I feel movement is a little cumbersome. First of the walking movement could be turned up maybe just a hair so you are not walking so freaking slow. I also don't know what the deal is with trying to crouch while you are running. I'm not sure if this is possible in the game or just extremely hard to get your guy to do it. I have also found that I can sprint forward with no problems, but when I try to move to the sides when I'm sprinting I'll start moving in an entirely wrong direction then I intended.

To me personally it also feels like the hit detection is a little off. I heard a guy yesterday start to sprint towards from behind some crates and then he knee slide in front of me and I was already blasting him as he came around the corner and he fired back and droped me with two shots. Other times I'll see someone running at me so I'll start to fire at him and same thing, they see me fire and boom I'm dead right away. Granted what I see on the screen and what is actually happening are two different things but I am getting 45-50 fps on my machine so I know that isn't the issue.

I also find it very annoying that I'm killed and taken directly away to my kit selection. I'd like some time to see who killed me and with what weapon. Maybe even for the camera to span in the general direction of the guy who shot me. Doesn't have to totally give the persons position away but if he was right behind me I'd like to know.

I really did like the RVs.A mode. It was fun but I could tell a lot of people just kind of jumped into it without understanding how to play as there was a lot of questions during the match and a lot of rude kids lending absolutely no help. I personally feel the defenders should have a longer wait for their spawn. Its very easy for the attackers to dig themselves into a hole and then have to figure out a way to destroy the adat to get some teammates back. Then as soon as the adat is destroyed everyone respawns right there and the other team is already rushing that area to defend so before you have time to find cover you are being killed again. I understand it is a big team work promoting mode but it just seems a little too overcomplicated to me.

After that I got sick of all the kiddies and called it a day. I CANT WAIT FOR COOP. Good job GRIN.