MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

Hi Grin,

If I could come up with the best way to display a hit would be to simply change the ret color. When a hit is made it simply changes from Black to red. Therefore, not impeding your view and still allowing you to hold your ret on the target.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find it very annoying that I'm killed and taken directly away to my kit selection. I'd like some time to see who killed me and with what weapon. Maybe even for the camera to span in the general direction of the guy who shot me. Doesn't have to totally give the persons position away but if he was right behind me I'd like to know.

Word.

RvsA is on the other hand completely ok. Actually there is a lot of thought laid down on that mode - more than meets the eye at first.

Hi Grin,

If I could come up with the best way to display a hit would be to simply change the ret color. When a hit is made it simply changes from Black to red. Therefore, not impeding your view and still allowing you to hold your ret on the target.

I could think of a better way. When you hit a guy....gasp....he goes down! :wall::)

The G18 is all but useless compared to the M9 and Mk.45

Use it right. Single fire for distance and full auto when you put it close combat in the enemies chest. ;)

I was using the G18 paried with the m99 last night nutlink. I must say it was 50/50 50% kills with sniper (at 5 feet through tin walls judging by sound) and 50% for when they came around and i dropped them with the g15. Aim it... don't hip shoot it and it will slice them down like butter

Before I post my impressions of the demo I'll make it clear that I'm really not into the team death match scene. I'm a much bigger fan of coop. I really get sick of the words newb and pwn so I stay clear of those games as much as possible. Anyways her is my experience with it:

Graphics as everyone has stated are really nice. Gun sounds and effects are extremely nice. I'm also not a big fan of the big red dot when I hit the enemy because I tend to lose where they go if I don't kill them with the first shot. Something a little more subtle ala battlefield 2 would be a little better.

I feel movement is a little cumbersome. First of the walking movement could be turned up maybe just a hair so you are not walking so freaking slow. I also don't know what the deal is with trying to crouch while you are running. I'm not sure if this is possible in the game or just extremely hard to get your guy to do it. I have also found that I can sprint forward with no problems, but when I try to move to the sides when I'm sprinting I'll start moving in an entirely wrong direction then I intended.

To me personally it also feels like the hit detection is a little off. I heard a guy yesterday start to sprint towards from behind some crates and then he knee slide in front of me and I was already blasting him as he came around the corner and he fired back and droped me with two shots. Other times I'll see someone running at me so I'll start to fire at him and same thing, they see me fire and boom I'm dead right away. Granted what I see on the screen and what is actually happening are two different things but I am getting 45-50 fps on my machine so I know that isn't the issue.

I also find it very annoying that I'm killed and taken directly away to my kit selection. I'd like some time to see who killed me and with what weapon. Maybe even for the camera to span in the general direction of the guy who shot me. Doesn't have to totally give the persons position away but if he was right behind me I'd like to know.

I really did like the RVs.A mode. It was fun but I could tell a lot of people just kind of jumped into it without understanding how to play as there was a lot of questions during the match and a lot of rude kids lending absolutely no help. I personally feel the defenders should have a longer wait for their spawn. Its very easy for the attackers to dig themselves into a hole and then have to figure out a way to destroy the adat to get some teammates back. Then as soon as the adat is destroyed everyone respawns right there and the other team is already rushing that area to defend so before you have time to find cover you are being killed again. I understand it is a big team work promoting mode but it just seems a little too overcomplicated to me.

After that I got sick of all the kiddies and called it a day. I CANT WAIT FOR COOP. Good job GRIN.

I'm betting the crouch bug is a problem with the profile. reset it to default and remap and post if it works. I have no issues with it... but i reset my profile once... as i messed a few key settings up.

Wow a lot of people have been posting about the hit indicator. I read all the posts before I posted about it and I did not see a thing about it so I posted and posted and finally sleepdoc posted it in caps. Here's my solutions to it:

1. Have it as an option to turn off and on

2. Have it as an option to reduce its size like the environmental details bar.

3. Change it to something like a crosshair or an x like somebody mentioned before.

4. Anything other than a big red/orange blob that gets in the way when trying to kill somebody.

Graw 2 Demo

It's easy to get carried away with all the threads and posts on this forum regarding Grins new demo and forth coming final. What many don't realize is the enormity of what has gone into this one product alone, I just got finished reading some of the more interesting scripts from the demo, multiplayer.xml, network.xml, menu.xml, mission01 to xx xml's to name a few and this time Grin has made numerous comments, tweaks and mods all the way up to the demo release.

I'm not going into all the details, you've got that option yourself, but I am going to say a big thank you to Grin and all the coders that are making this game possible. You start to understand why bugs exist when you burrow through the 1000's of lines of script alone. I see "Wiking, Dalle, Mattias W, David L, hustomten, Stig, Simon, Artur to name a few of the guys that are working to get this to launch. I hope you pull off what could be the years best tactical FPS game.

The positive feedback, what is really good:

1. Weapon pickup ( perfect)

2. Graphics excellent (captures the moment)

3. Weapons variety (too sexy)

4. Atmospheric feel (does not look like a game)

5. camo works (like a dream)

6. Recon vs Assault mode (magic)

7. game physics very good (awesome well improved)

8. Great sounds /sound field (as good as ever and richer)

9. Auto mode change over for game modes (Admins dream)

10.Fast load times (so far)

11.Major bad ass game demo preview

12. Great colour pallet. (gritty war colours, No.1)

13. one of the best combat demos, closer to the roots.

14.Game pace closer to true recon.

15. The amount of detail is sweet as honey.

16. Screenshot feature Anticheat (the best till last, server dream)

17. Buddies (add friends)

Not 5 STARS but 5 GRINS GOOD :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

What I'd like to see in final or patch 1

1. wound model ( limp, bullet hit, mS delay for movement)

2. Recoil to heavy, re address by 10-20% lower at least

3. No jump feature (my dream)

4. No auto download & join on custom content (one day)

5. No climb feature (well I tried)

6. Lack of proper wide screen support (your on it, but is the screenshot a problem here)

7. No Teamspeak (VOIP) link feature to host/ remote servers (would be good)

8. ladders to climb ( Call of Duty style)

9. Doors to open / close (buildings) internal access

10.land mines (mines) Claymores ( you missed this one !)

11.chat window at end of round/ match

12.accumulative rank or stats. in server

13. fix Compass at high resolution 1600x900 , it looks poor N,S,E,W unreadable.

14. roll left/right while lay down.

15. Uniform rubbing sounds to crisp and clean/ needs dulling.

Keep up the good work GRIN........

P.s. If anyone reads this post, Grin you too, bring me all the Editor toys :santa: please and I've already noticed you've commented the fudge (polite word) out of the program scripts. I just hope something really special comes out of Sweden this year....

p.p.s. Yes my sig. is your Graffiti tiles from GRAW2, waiting to go back in as custom content, in multiple BeerDrinking Maps.

Yeah Viiiper I agree with almost all of your positive feedback except for 6. I've seen more Teamwork in TDM than RvsA. Maybe that's cause I only played RvsA about 5 times. But each time everytbody just went their own separate way. I think it's due to lack of communication. The game preview I think you're talking about it definately awesome. After seeing it, I'm confident that us COOP gamers can man the 50 cals. I am so looking forward to this game's full release cause I know GRIN's capable of delivering a sweet game. I loved the first GRAW. I know there's a lot out there that said GRAW was a disappointment but I love it. I do think GRAW 2 is gonna be more like [GR]. Well I'm gonna stop now cause I can go on and on. M416

The G18 is all but useless compared to the M9 and Mk.45

Use it right. Single fire for distance and full auto when you put it close combat in the enemies chest. ;)

I was using the G18 paried with the m99 last night nutlink. I must say it was 50/50 50% kills with sniper (at 5 feet through tin walls judging by sound) and 50% for when they came around and i dropped them with the g15. Aim it...

I guess I just used the G18 in GRAW 1 so much that I was used to using it in that style. It still doesn't feel comfortable to me though, I'd much rather have the M9 or Mk.45.

Yeah link I know how you feel. Full auto on a pistol just feels weird. I like the concept of double-tapping in close quarters. But I rarely use my sidearm in GRAW. I mostly use it to get silenced kills. In fact that's another one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the G18 is you can't silence it. Haven't used the MK45 but I'm sure I will in the full release. My favorite sidearm/secondary weapon is the MP5SD. Always has been and always will. In fact when someone gets a kill with it when I'm playing with my squad in COOP, they always say "I just Sean'd a guy" That's my name by the way. Two more weeks if all goes well.

I just think too many people want the luxuries that people would look for in a car.

if we keep suggesting this -or- that, we may never see GRAW2.

to me, having no hit model doesn't take away my desire to play.

I'm more concerned about modding as this will determine how long GRAW2 will survive, or will they allow GRAW2 to ride the wave and whoa! GRAW3?

all the stuff brought up here is just sprinkles on the cupcake.

I just think too many people want the luxuries that people would look for in a car.

I'm more concerned about modding as this will determine how long GRAW2 will survive, or will they allow GRAW2 to ride the wave and whoa! GRAW3?

The title has to be worth it for people to want to mod it. That was what kept GR1 going for so long, the base title was excellent and the mod communitty grew around it. This game will live and die not on mods, but on wheter or not people stick with it for more than 3 months, like it's predessor. If you used salt instead of sugar when you made the cupcakes, nobody will care about the sprinkles....

Yeah those would be some nasty cupcakes. I gotta disagree with you on that though. I kept playing because of Task Force Wraith's ACU skin mod. Multicam just seemed to add to the yellow whereas ACUs added some color and ultimately seemed more effective in the environments in the first GRAW and so far I think the ACUs and other camo patterns in the GRAW 2 MP demo are great. There have been plenty of times where I've stared or shot at what I thought was a human. And othertimes where I hesitate to shoot some people just cause they blend in so well. I've also notice it work good for me as well. I would like to add the the grenades sound great. People have touched on this already but they really do sound awesome and the explosions look awesome. I know the majority don't rely on mods but I definately did for GRAW. I don't think that will be the case with this though. The demo does have its share of setbacks such as the orange blob hit indicator(lol sorry but it is annoying) but the problems are small and I have confidence that GRIN will fix them. Especially the orange blob hit indicator cause a lot of people have posted about it being too big and that it obstructs their view. Does the same for me. Anyways, I'm gonna leave you with stating my new favorite weapon in the game. M416

The title has to be worth it for people to want to mod it. That was what kept GR1 going for so long, the base title was excellent and the mod communitty grew around it. This game will live and die not on mods, but on wheter or not people stick with it for more than 3 months, like it's predessor. If you used salt instead of sugar when you made the cupcakes, nobody will care about the sprinkles....

NYR, I totally agree, but after seeing the work in GRAW2, know they have done alot, but like in my post prior, I say

Graw 2 Demo

part of post

I'm not going into all the details, you've got that option yourself, but I am going to say a big thank you to Grin and all the coders that are making this game possible. You start to understand why bugs exist when you burrow through the 1000's of lines of script alone. I see "Wiking, Dalle, Mattias W, David L, hustomten, Stig, Simon, Artur to name a few of the guys that are working to get this to launch. I hope you pull off what could be the years best tactical FPS game.

edit

The point is, we would like them (GRIN) to do as much as possible, so this becomes the game that leads the way. There are features I agree that should be in the final but sadly will probably not be.

Graw 2 Demo

What I'd like to see in final or patch 1

1. wound model ( limp, bullet hit, mS delay for movement)

2. Recoil to heavy, re address by 10-20% lower at least

3. No jump feature (my dream)

4. No auto download & join on custom content (one day)

5. No climb feature (well I tried)

6. Lack of proper wide screen support (your on it, but is the screenshot a problem here)

7. No Teamspeak (VOIP) link feature to host/ remote servers (would be good)

8. ladders to climb ( Call of Duty style)

9. Doors to open / close (buildings) internal access

10.land mines (mines) Claymores ( you missed this one !)

11.chat window at end of round/ match

12.accumulative rank or stats. in server

13. fix Compass at high resolution 1600x900 , it looks poor N,S,E,W unreadable.

14. roll left/right while lay down.

15. Uniform rubbing sounds to crisp and clean/ needs dulling.

There are features that are in the demo and therefore the final that make this game "live"

Graw 2 Demo

The positive feedback, what is really good:

1. Weapon pickup ( perfect)

2. Graphics excellent (captures the moment)

3. Weapons variety (too sexy)

4. Atmospheric feel (does not look like a game)

5. camo works (like a dream)

6. Recon vs Assault mode (magic)

7. game physics very good (awesome well improved)

8. Great sounds /sound field (as good as ever and richer)

9. Auto mode change over for game modes (Admins dream)

10.Fast load times (so far)

11.Major bad ass game demo preview

12. Great colour pallet. (gritty war colours, No.1)

13. one of the best combat demos, closer to the roots.

14.Game pace closer to true recon.

15. The amount of detail is sweet as honey.

16. Screenshot feature Anticheat (the best till last, server dream)

17. Buddies (add friends)

Not 5 STARS but 5 GRINS GOOD :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

But after all Papa6 has the point, it needs to hit it's launch date. Also that the modding ability of the game is there, what Papa6 mentioned in a different thread of his was, the concerns, GRIN missed the open window to implement mods and gone for a locked door method. scary

I personally say, GRIN has made alot of features come true and some we did not think about, my main two cherries are the auto map mode change over and the remote server screenshot feature. Like I listed above and in my original post, the in roads GRIN have made are enough for me too, but like you say "NYR" and in the words of "Queen" I want it all , I want it now.

Lets see ............

P.S. Grin if you read this, you know that you got the whole community worked up about this release, they want it :o= , they want it now .

I know they have done a great job improving GR:AW2 over GR:AW1 and I intend to buy it as soon as I can. However I still would like to see them add 2 things at a minimum. Getting knocked down when hit and injury effects like limping.

Everything else if pretty darn great but I would like to see four things fixed/added

Bullet Effects on Tangos .. it seems as thought I can pepper someone with bullets in the chest, legs, arms (almost full clip and they don't die) .. yet they can take thier time ensure thier cross hairs are on my head and then 1 shot kill. I know the new armor is god but it would not stop the enemy from being knocked back a bit, especially from close range.

Limp or Gimp effects after being hit .. many have asked for this.

Make a hit not = red blob but change the ret colour on hit. This would still give back the correct feed back and allow you to still aim at the target without lossing focus.

Also get back the sort order for the lobby. Allow players to sort the servers by Server Name, Players, Ping ....

Other then that I have been have a blast playing the demo

Cheers,

Another thing I wouldn't mind is to have the option to change scopes on the sniper rifles. Cause if the draw distance is gonna be the same as GRAW then what's the point of having a high power scope on the Barrett? I know it's supposed to be able to take guys out at like a mile away but you can't see guys that far away. Or they could just make it so you can adjust the draw distance or make it so you can see farther than just like 150m. Papa6 and many others have posted about this and I think it makes a lot of sense. That was the only cool thing about Novalogic's Joint Operations. You could get 900m+ kills with sniper rifles cause you could see that far. Other than that the game sucked. But yeah back to topic. I'd like to have it so u have a longer draw distance or being able to put the M14 scope on the M99.

i have some more helpful feedback. the sniper rifles are way too powerful, they take over the game. its great that the maps are smaller, less walking around. but having snipers snipe you from spawn to spawn is just horrible. need to be less accurate and less damaging like in most games. cant have 10 guns take 5 hits to kill someone and the sniper rifle take one, thats just unrealistic. also, we walk way too slow, which causes everyone to want to run, so now you have a server of 30 people all running around with no guns out. so is it a shooter? no. its now a game of tag. i suggest you make us walk faster than my grandma in a patch, that would make the game worth playing, it makes it boring walking so slow with no gun out if you want to walk faster. hopefully less bugs, seem to get pauses and crashes, should be fixed in the final release i guess. hopefully the maps are smaller, and the single player has a lot to offer. maybe a patch with a lighting upgrade? xbox360's lighting engine looks 100 times better than this, tho still good looking in its own way, but if its an option, people with high end computer will want to use it.

hope grin reads this and listens to the players

also, we walk way too slow, which causes everyone to want to run, so now you have a server of 30 people all running around with no guns out. so is it a shooter? no. its now a game of tag. i suggest you make us walk faster than my grandma in a patch, that would make the game worth playing, it makes it boring walking so slow with no gun out if you want to walk faster.

Please keep the walk speed just like it is. I love the tactical element it brings. Players should be punished for wanting to move faster. This speed allows and awards tactical movement; meaning, you move at a realistic speed with the ability to put an accurate shot down range.

i have some more helpful feedback. the sniper rifles are way too powerful, they take over the game. its great that the maps are smaller, less walking around. but having snipers snipe you from spawn to spawn is just horrible. need to be less accurate and less damaging like in most games. cant have 10 guns take 5 hits to kill someone and the sniper rifle take one, thats just unrealistic. also, we walk way too slow, which causes everyone to want to run, so now you have a server of 30 people all running around with no guns out. so is it a shooter? no. its now a game of tag. i suggest you make us walk faster than my grandma in a patch, that would make the game worth playing, it makes it boring walking so slow with no gun out if you want to walk faster. hopefully less bugs, seem to get pauses and crashes, should be fixed in the final release i guess. hopefully the maps are smaller, and the single player has a lot to offer. maybe a patch with a lighting upgrade? xbox360's lighting engine looks 100 times better than this, tho still good looking in its own way, but if its an option, people with high end computer will want to use it.

With regards to the sniper situation, this would be fixed with 2 adjustments - 1) a damage model. If the sniper was winged he wouldn't be able to snipe very well anymore. 2) Accuracy adjustments. A sniper should do his best when either prone or crouched, he shouldn't be able to hit someone in the head from 140m away while standing straight up.

As for walking? I think it's fine as it is. I like having to run between open spots and move cautiously in tight spots.

I agree with Nutlink and EasyCo. Walking fast when trying to shoot isn't a good idea. Slow is fast and fast is slow. Means you gotta keep disciplined with your movement or else you end up tripping over yourself or completely missing your target when firing and running at the same time. Only time you should run is from cover to cover. Like crossing the street to seek cover behind a building.