MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been said before but... again: the scopes got all too much black around the lens. It looks like when you hold a scope to far from the eye, then you get that thick black circle. But it is unrealistic that any one with training would aim as that, certainly not elite soldiers.

Reduce the black circle, if it is a balance issue, then you can make the iron sights faster to get up or something (prefer not though).

I did not notice that Halli. I haven't been peeking much in the demo cause I just get too much of a rush from hearing my guns. They sound great now that I set it to software and not hardware. But once I get the full version and do me some COOP, I'll probably start leaning and everything. One of the things that never really changes in the Ghost Recon games is how realistic the guns sound. I love that. And I was looking forward to using the MG21E but I used it and I can't stand it cause I noticed that's the machine gun the rebels used in the first GRAW. One last thing I'd like to say that I've said before is I'd like that orange dot that flashes when you hit someone to be an option in the full version cause it is helpful but it just gets in the way for me. Especially at long and medium distances. And if you can't turn it off atleast make it so you can change the size and have it so it's barely visible.

first impression.. hmmm.. not much different from the BETA....

BAD:

graphics seem a little better but for some reason it wont let me use all of my cards power... it limits the graphical level to medium ( ive got a 8800GTS 320mb ) the servers are either all full or never load into game.. ive lost count of the Match will begin when server is ready comments on the smaller servers...

GOOD:

Loving the new weapons and weapon selections... the new kits are ace.. the gameplay is fast and hectic which is always a plus in my book..

It has been said before but... again: the scopes got all too much black around the lens. It looks like when you hold a scope to far from the eye, then you get that thick black circle. But it is unrealistic that any one with training would aim as that, certainly not elite soldiers.

Reduce the black circle, if it is a balance issue, then you can make the iron sights faster to get up or something (prefer not though).

QFT. Scopes should be fixed

BAD:

graphics seem a little better but for some reason it wont let me use all of my cards power... it limits the graphical level to medium ( ive got a 8800GTS 320mb ) the servers are either all full or never load into game.. ive lost count of the Match will begin when server is ready comments on the smaller servers...

GOOD:

Loving the new weapons and weapon selections... the new kits are ace.. the gameplay is fast and hectic which is always a plus in my book..

You can't set the texture quality to High because you don't have 512Mb ram on your gfx card.

Yep i agree.

It has probably already been said but i wish you could pick and choose attachments. I really do not like using the scope at all seems way to bulky and takes up alot of my screen.

However when i reach a certain rank it would be nice to have the grenades and extra clips but because i do not want the scope i have to settle for the lower rank and do without the extra ammo and nades

BAD:

GOOD:

You can't set the texture quality to High because you don't have 512Mb ram on your gfx card.

fair enough... seems daft though as the engine looks like a tweaked version of the original.... and the 8800 is the hottest card around ( hmmm cliche alert lol ) on the unpatched version i could set it to high and it played like a dream...

At least for the public servers RvsA is plain unplayable (means unjoyable; at least for me) if you are not extremely lucky having decent team members playing as recon!

Mostly players drop from the server when they die as recon so the teams are often unbalanced and 90% of the team spawns as sniper!

Scout for the recon team seems pointless in higher ranks when the adversary team has a scrambler with eaqual rank!

And my biggest gripe: Why the hell they dont build in a voice com like in BF²! I know there is teamspeak and ###### but for a game that´s calling for teamplay and stuff there should be some kind of ingame voice solution!

Current bugs i've seen ( I will make a list later)

1)Non dedicated server pings go through the roof once over 8 players. I've seen many non UBI servers at over 1000 ping.

2) When running tapping the left or right very fast produces no walking/running sound.

That's it for now... but i was camping so i'll look more.

I agree with everything u said, Karma. RvsA is just whack cause everybody runs around like it's TDM. And it would be nice to have in-game coms but in BF games you can create squads and only your squad can hear what your saying. But I understand where you're coming from. I keep wanting to get on TS with some of the people I play with in TDM but it's pretty much every man for himself except for squad hosted servers. In one RvsA match I blew up one adats but I didn't have anybody with me because they all went their separate ways and I got killed. And I'm wondering. In SP and COOP do you have to rank up to get different attachments and guns or is it all available to you from start to finish? Cause I loved how it was in GRAW. I guess all of our questions will be answered in the full release.

1)Non dedicated server pings go through the roof once over 8 players. I've seen many non UBI servers at over 1000 ping.

2) When running tapping the left or right very fast produces no walking/running sound.

That`s not camping. Easy scorecard taking it easy.

:rofl:

mwgfghost

I guess all of our questions will be answered in the full release.

There you go, answered your own question!

:D

Tinker

I agree with everything u said, Karma. RvsA is just whack cause everybody runs around like it's TDM. And it would be nice to have in-game coms but in BF games you can create squads and only your squad can hear what your saying. But I understand where you're coming from. I keep wanting to get on TS with some of the people I play with in TDM but it's pretty much every man for himself except for squad hosted servers. In one RvsA match I blew up one adats but I didn't have anybody with me because they all went their separate ways and I got killed. And I'm wondering. In SP and COOP do you have to rank up to get different attachments and guns or is it all available to you from start to finish? Cause I loved how it was in GRAW. I guess all of our questions will be answered in the full release.

That is why I suggested this:

I actually played the recon vs assault today and though of something for it. The only thing I find annoying about the RvsA is the spawning for the ghost. Yeah, I understand the logics behind it, but what would make it a bit better in my opinion, and I found this happening to me ALOT too, is if you live when they blow up the first ADAT, you get a respawn without having to wait for the next one to be blown up. This way, there is a better motive for the ghost to work together as a team, because you know if your whole team works together, they all get a respawn point. I found myself today, living for the first 2 ADATS and then trying to get the third one I would die. Now with me living the first 2 without dieing I would have 2 more chances with a spawn from where you original spawned from and not the last ADAT, to accomplish the mission. I dont know, I just found it annnoying that I was trying to live when most of my team didnt give a **** about the mission and figured they would just spawn again later when someone else blew up the target. You guys see what im saying? haha. *aslo a way to get ammo for the enemy weapons you picked up would be nice too. I found myself on the rebel side, with an m14 with only 20 shots a few times, and was annoyed by that =P* But other than that, the RvsA is actually kinda fun.

EDIT: if this doesnt work, how about limiting the rebels deaths to like 3 or something, so they dont jsut run around like no one cares. That would put alittle more teamwork for the rebel side.

Ducky

It would make more people actually try and stay alive.

Roco.

I saw that one too. then I entered the server (ping was listed at 1900 or so), and when i got in, the individual pings were perfectly normal and the game played just fine. When i left, i looked again and the ping was showing as some astronomical number again.

My conclusion is that the pings were normal. It was the calculation and reporting of the ping that was wrong. But once in the game, the indivual pings are showing correctly and it has no effect on the actual game.

Yeah that's an excellent idea ducky. But am I the only one pushing for the option to remove or reduce the size of the orange dot that appears when you shoot somebody? Cause it got me killed a few times when I was in firefights. Anyways, I really hope it can be an option to remove it or reduce its size in the full version of the game.

1.) What is up with the sound detection grid? does it not work in team death match? I really hate it when I know i've been shot, but I don't have an ubber sound system that tells which direction it came from, I look at my detector to know where to look, nope...it doesn't work!

I hate this the most when I'm being attacked by a sniper; jesus I here the bullets zoom by me, I wanna know what direction that thing came from, and sound being my only option~ I can't use it! Not to mention that you guys took at the tracers (or reduced them to the point that you have to be looking for tracers to see them.)

2.) Draw distance, when I"m a sniper I go to the highest point of the map, find a nice spot....I look down at the map hoping to see movement...32 players in the server..16 bad guys...You think I'de see them moving from cover to cover like rats in the dark...nope, I found that odd~maybe these guys are just really tactical!....NOPE I zoomed in on my allies diamonds only to see that their models don't show up, their guns flares do! but the models don't! My draw distance for the models is VERY limited, I dunno if its like that for everyone, but it is really...annoying that I can't even see my allies and I on'y see their gun flares as if a ghost (lol, pun) were shooting with an invisible gun!

I don't see a draw distance option...so I just assmumed its capped by the game, is their any way to fix this maybe?

so that explained why I wasn't seeing my enemies moving around!

those are my only gripes really...it all depends on the other maps!

the demo though for me is a 9/10, very well done.

i would like to see more draw distance, or atleast an option. also looks funny how the people run, it's like they are scating, maybe a way to fix how the characters are on the ground or move their feet in a patch. sometimes when you select a class after dying it skips your respawn because you have to click your class again. maybe something that shows if you are ready to spawn or not would be nice, that way you dont think you are ready and get skipped, because that is very annoying. sometimes get a connection error. also, no way of filtering servers, or clicking on players or ping to make all the servers with the highest players appear at the top ,etc. more maps, i hope the 9 maps are 9 different maps with 8 modes each, otherwise buying the game might be regreted. hopefully this and much more gets fixed before its released or at least with a patch

That`s not camping. Easy scorecard taking it easy.

:rofl:

mwgfghost

I guess all of our questions will be answered in the full release.

There you go, answered your own question!

:D

Tinker

Tinker

No... LOL i was REALLY Camping... me and my wife were camping in a tent over the weekend

Sleepdoc

I have though also seen it while in the server. Seems like one bad ping sets it off. I don't however see it on the ubi dedicateds.

With All due Respect, This is false.

I have an Agp x1950 pro 256 and Changed in the Xlm files The settings to High.

They are now under the data file.

With All due Respect, This is false.

I have an Agp x1950 pro 256 and Changed in the Xlm files The settings to High.

They are now under the data file.

Thats true, just edit the xml. The downside might be stalls sometimes instead, when gfx needs to be loaded from main memory into gfx-card... though it might actually no be the case on calavera, maybe only the larger levels.

-GG