Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Blood Oil

Giampi

4123310944_c6ca1d10d1.jpg

BLOOD OIL:

This mod is a community made mod,and has change hands so many times, and has had so many people involved in it up to this point. Nobody seems to own this mod and there is nobody in charge of it too. So thnx to all that have chipped in to finish it off.

Blood Oil is situated in Nigeria, and is nothing more than a new mod, and some fun to play.

Searching YouTube for Blood Oil can reveal some eye opening scenes.

SAD's (SPECIAL ACTIVITES DIVISION of the CIA) have been called in to rescue a group of Government officials, being held hostage at a Nigerian gas plant. Several turn of events, will lead the SAD team through a variety of missions, to completing there objective.

Recognise the civilians, they do carry arms sometimes, and will fire if threatened.

NOTES:

* Inside the main Blood Oil driectory, there are 2 zip files. (bo_full.7z & bo_reduced.7z). Do not delete the files. If you are experiencing performance issues, simply right click bo_reduced.7z and extract here. This will replace all the large textures throughout blood oil to 512 x 512, also it will replace all the enviroment files with reduced versions.To switch back just right click the bo_full.7z and extract here, done. This should cause no issues with saved games or joining others servers.

* There are no unlocked heros at present, this will hopefully be adressed in a patch after Xmas.

* Not being a part of the original team, I have probably left people out of the credits, this can be fixed also if anyone sends a PM with info.

* SP is set up as a 12 mission Campaign, all Campaign missions begin with BO ( C ) and are also available for Coop.

* All other missions are just some fun extra stuff to compliment the maps accordingly, which begin BO ( M )

* All game modes are available for all maps.

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Fishing village you may notice not being able to shoot anyone when hiding around the grass stacks, I don`t think there is any contact with the map creator, you will need to be aware of this and not TK your whole team trying to throw a frag like I did.

* River ride map (BO M 19) is primarilary a TvT map, it is set up for all game modes, but you map experience a few issues with the AI as it has not been set up correct with working levels etc.

INSTALLATION INSRTRUCTIONS:

Place Blood_Oil_v2.7z into your mods directory, right click the file and extract here.

Tinker

DOWNLOAD

Anyone who has downloaded Blood Oil in the last 24Hrs, and applied the 1.2 patch, does not need this download, you are already good to go.

:thumbsup:

1st of all Congrats to the Blood Oil Team on this release your hard work will be apreciated

2nd Thanks for let me beta test the mod it's been a great experience :D

3rd Downloading now since I never got the chance to download the patches last night

Tinker a CO-OP night should be in order after christmas... :thumbsup: I have my superman cheat ready LOL

haha nice one rocky, I kept expecting the scope to suddenly go black as someone walked in front of you :lol:

looks like you could do with a couple of team-mates to watch your back :ph34r:

Yeh once I have played through the missions I'll hop on a co-op server. :)

Having problems on BO5 (waterfall day mission), any saved game is corrupted and causes GR to crash when loaded. Very frustrating because my teams will not obey their recon orders and I have to babysit them to keep them from shooting at enemies and it's very hard to even get them to the meeting. I tried saving/loading before and after the meeting. Running the game in XP compatibility mode on vista. Any help is welcome, thanks :)

Edit: I managed to get past this mission by taking just two demo guys to the meeting then running away after the meeting objective was completed. I ended up sneaking around, pretty much avoiding the village, while shooting all enemies and demoing the boats. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with this mission as the scripting seemed to be not working properly. Villagers were shooting at me and I ended up having to shoot some of them. I never saw an opportunity to "defend the village" or "extract a rebel" so after killing all enemies I just went to the EZ and got a mission complete...? Perhaps someone can describe to me how this mission is supposed to play.

Aside from this trouble, the mod has so far been amazing. I am interested to know some details about the music :)

Edited by Burawura

Having problems on BO5 (waterfall day mission), any saved game is corrupted and causes GR to crash when loaded. Very frustrating because my teams will not obey their recon orders and I have to babysit them to keep them from shooting at enemies and it's very hard to even get them to the meeting. I tried saving/loading before and after the meeting. Running the game in XP compatibility mode on vista. Any help is welcome, thanks :)

Sry about this, the water in the river is not really tagged as water, and the boats are teleported there. Patch 1.3 will be out shortly, I`ll include a full set of save files. All I can do without the map files at this point.

Is same issue the centcom mission had. Boats are teleported off the map, even though they are on the map... I can reduce the spotting distance until the meeting if it helps.

Working with Tinker on a regular basis over the past 6 years has been a great experience. His creativity, perseverance, and dedication to the GhostRecon community are truly awesome. Many thanks to him for taking the burden of coordinating the many efforts needed make this mod possible.

9MS MFisto

Thnx Mark. :thumbsup:

Edit: I managed to get past this mission by taking just two demo guys to the meeting then running away after the meeting objective was completed. I ended up sneaking around, pretty much avoiding the village, while shooting all enemies and demoing the boats. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with this mission as the scripting seemed to be not working properly. Villagers were shooting at me and I ended up having to shoot some of them. I never saw an opportunity to "defend the village" or "extract a rebel" so after killing all enemies I just went to the EZ and got a mission complete...? Perhaps someone can describe to me how this mission is supposed to play.

Aside from this trouble, the mod has so far been amazing. I am interested to know some details about the music :)

:o

Seems to be the old mission file. Sry. I was running 3 versions of BO before release. We had same problem last weekend. :lol:

You get to the village, few messages, friendlies are supposed to take out the perimeter patrols and hold position surrounding the village.... Seem to have lost the updated mission, but will correct for P_1.3.

Lot of other fixes applied, thnx to all for sending info..

BO Patch 1.3 Coop Fix

This patch is released early because of several CTD reports, and some mix up with the enviroment, and other files throughout.

If you are playing the campaign SP, I would recommend leaving this patch and carrying on, it will invalid your save files. P_1.4 will be for you.

This patch will update your modscont. You will not be able to play with anyone using 1.2.

Blood Oil Patch 1.3 Notes

Additional Content:

1: Vehicle Kamaz

2: Weapon Auto GL (H&K)

List of Fixes:

1: Vehicles 4x4 / Unimog / Open landrover, have working lights and tweaks.

2: CTD at Extraction on BO C 05 Waterfall Coop, fixed.

3: Secret weapon added to BO M 17 Coop.

4: SP missions, removed unlock hero from script and mission properties.

5: MP zones replaced on several maps, cause CTD when closing script after editing.

6: Updated effects.xml for sound folder.

7: Updated various mission files throughout.

8: Updated modscont to version 1.03

9: Updated BO Credits

10: Changed various mission to match enviroment

11: C 11 Railyard night. Rigging tucks sometimes not activate fixed.

Coop or general fix. To be updated soon to P_1.4

DOWNLOAD BO PATCH 1.3

FileFront Mirror