So is everyone happy with GRAW for the most part?

So is everyone happy with GRAW for the most part?

I have been gone a while....new baby eats up my time. Anyway, I was thinking about picking it up today.

What is the feeling on the game? I don't trust most reviews so I would like opinions from you guys please.

It can be short and easy like, "Great game , pick it up" or something like that.

Also do many people play online and how well should it run on this pc?

AMD 3800+

7600gt

1GB of ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the game,

but i am maybe one of the most positive persons towards the game,

it is a great game, but i would advise you not to have high hopes on performance on your rig,

keep it real what hopes are concerned, but for the experiance of play it rules....

most other tvt games i have played did not keep me interested, now i often play tvt because it feels so good

i love the game,

but i am maybe one of the most positive persons towards the game,

it is a great game, but i would advise you not to have high hopes on performance on your rig,

keep it real what hopes are concerned, but for the experiance of play it rules....

most other tvt games i have played did not keep me interested, now i often play tvt because it feels so good

Thanks for all the replies.

Hmm, I was hoping my pc would handel it fairly well. I mean it's not high-end but it better than decent....imo anyway.

Oh well, I just bought it online and I'm downloading it now from Direct2Drive...only $29 so it's not that bad a price.

It's still growing on me too lol.

Good to see you around again BoB!

Thanks.

The little one is really killing the game time. And I got a new job that does not like us to use the internet and they have most all game sites blocked so ya know...kinda kills the bords for me. : )

Pls. make you a favor.. download the demo , that will give you aprox. what you're going to get in the retail . :) .

Game is not good , lots o bugs have performance issues . ( o well maybe you already did it "try demo")

Theres no ppl. in the servers online as much as 100 and something , and that's a good day . Gamespy is not good .

Thats our opinion of this product , good try but missed for a long shot . " Feels Arcade and to Linear " .

Anyhow GR4 its coming soon .

good luck and try to enjoy the product .

by the way congratulations for your new Baby :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

Pls. make you a favor.. download the demo , that will give you aprox. what you're going to get in the retail . :) .

Game is not good , lots o bugs have performance issues . ( o well maybe you already did it "try demo")

Theres no ppl. in the servers online as much as 100 and something , and that's a good day . Gamespy is not good .

Thats our opinion of this product , good try but missed for a long shot . " Feels Arcade and to Linear " .

Anyhow GR4 its coming soon .

good luck and try to enjoy the product .

by the way congratulations for your new Baby :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

I love it :rocky:

Hey,

I have recently taken a break from GRAW for the last 5 months or so. Originally I was very dissapointed with the game, I quickly lost interest.

Now I have gotten back into and must say I love the featuresof the patch 1.3 - the [GR] Cooperative and Hamburger Hill modes are excellent and a lot of fun.

I do not have any serious issues with performance, although I do get some frame lag on maps.

Average FPS is 16-20

Geforce 4 6600

1GB RAM

P4 2.53GHZ

Windows XP

Only concern at the moment is that there are no Aussies on the Internode server!

All in all I would have to say I am happy with it. The addition of [GR] COOP is great! It seems that there are new maps coming daily and lots of effort to improve the game. My biggest beef is that my CPU is so dang slow at loading the maps. It consistently takes 3 to 5 minutes or more to get to the maps loaded. Ugh. I am at a loss as to what to do short of buying a new gaming computer. Of course with my son eyeing college and my wife wanting to go to Hawaii next year there is no money for that. Dang, if only those lottery numbers could come through. :lol:

Not happy at all...switched to BF2142

EWE reminds me of planetside

Overall here is my thoughts out of 10

#1 GRIN - Happy with them as a developer. Very open to the community. Tried to please us as best they could +10

#2 UBI - Kick in the pants. Forced us to use gamespy over some deal. messed up announcements... some sites have different news then others. Hard to find patches and US site doesn't list them. Beta was a nightmare on there forums and half the time didn't work. +1

#3 Game itself. Domination was fun once i got over it not being GR. Every gametype they brought in added to the fun. Downside ... maps don't auto work for all games. Upside - server console and such. Downside anticheat not working

Original +7 due to not enough gametypes + maps but a great single player

1.20 +8 Gametypes increased fun. Anticheat doesn't work. No GL bug

1.30 +9 Console is great although some small quirks Anticheat still not working right. GL BUG.

Overall game average 8.0 (didn't calculate but is my final thought)

Game could be a 9 if bugs are fixed. Won't hit a 10 though unless more players move into it as bugs have chased them away.

I really like GRAW, I think the SP is the best in a tac shooter since GR. GR and GRAW are the only 2 tactical squad combat games I play. MP would benefit from more servers, especially coop servers. The only disappointment has been the modding scene - the absence of mission and weapon mods like GR.

I love it but find that my clanmates have regressed to Ravenshield...

Sounds like you have some mighty smart clanmates. ;) Back to the question at hand. :hmm: Not happy with GRAW as it's not fun to play,doesn't even remotely feel like the [Ghost Recon] and I've had more CTD's,lock ups,bugs etc. with this game than all my other games combined. :( Play a friends copy or try the demo before you fork over any cash for this game.