What the next patch needs. Post ideas.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices ...

1. Coop respwans (must have)

2. No endgame on commander's death in coop (must have)

3. Coop firefight mode - and maybe some smaller maps to go with it

(like the GR1 Valley, Trainyard, Island Village, etc)

4. Coop defend mode

5. SP Quicksaves

6. More weapon choices (chicken launcher maybe?)

1. ban/kick options(refer to [GR])........currently you can't even get rid of a high pingers that bring the whole server down.

2. weapons restrictions(primary only, no explosives, ect.) (refer to [GR]).......some of us HATE the nade-fests.

3. server host can change game mode, max players,respawns, map, ect in server.(refer to [GR]).......this just makes sense.

4. Game modes: Siege, Last man standing.(refer to [GR]).........DM?..I didn't even know what this game mode was as I am a GHOST RECON ONLY fan.

5. More server info(mods being used, version, game mode, ect.) (refer to [GR])

THE ABOVE OPTIONS, IMO, IS WHAT MADE [GR] SO GREAT.

GRIN/UBI......I enjoy the current game, impressed with the next gen of GR......BUT... I feel that you have overlooked what made [GR] what it was(and still is) and the features that made the online play so popular. Please take a look at the [GR] again and add to GRAW the features that the true GR fans enjoyed for over 5 yrs.

Thanks in advance!

* Maintain the chat settings (visible, transparent, hidden) between the various games.

* Fast prone. If reloading or firing, hitting the prone button will stop the current action and go down fast, in prone position.

Edited by CSF_Manti

-Civilians, to have a moral vision of the game, like in Deus ex

- random changes in the position of the enemy NPG, for coop and single player, like SWAT

-sepia modes in the menu of the game, , like the render modes in FAR CRY

- True AA, SSAA or SSAA adaptative, or to other mode

- more maps for cooperative and single player

-Other kind of Domination maps, which prevent us from running for miles and miles. They got to figure out something, maybe like defending an Zone in the middle of a town with spawn points around it for different teams, like TKOTH.

-PLAYER Searh option, asked for it but never came in :D

-Dedicated Server Files

-SKINS to choose from

-UBI servers with stats enabled, which can be looked at some community site.

etccccccc else for good MP

Game types: siege siege siege, hamburger hill, coop/single firefight, and coop/single defend.

Domination is good but lose the buying weapons buying thing.

mini map: indicate your squad

Coop respawns and no end after leader death at least force us to pick him up and extract ( leave no one behind)

Limp or some kind of wounding

more dramatic hit indication

GR:AW is good (SP great MP average) , but needs a little more work. Thanks for the gg Grin :grin1:

I like the fixes they did for the last but the prone position still is off. For the most part I really like this game the main thing I want to see is the Co-Op fixed especially the leader dieing and the game ends feature. But it would be nice to know when the next patch is approximately scheduled to be released.

My list for now...

- Ability to increase the number of CO-OP player slots (please)

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

- A Real CO-OP Mission Briefing Screen

- Dedicated Server files for CO-OP

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

- View Distance slider. I have a feeling this is the key reason most of us are getting such craptacular performance. With proper tweaks, we'd be able to get the game running smoothly. Who cares about the outside of the map when you're more concerned about finding the next guy to slaughter in DM?

- When turning off post effects, NVGs should not be taken away. This is key when you're playing Suburbs without Post Effects. You won't be able to see anything.

- DM: Spawn point problems FIXED. Meaning, you no longer spawn near a player, but in a random spot.

- DM: REMOVAL OF ALL TACTICAL POINTS TOGETHER. The current Class System all together is superior to CS's weapon buying. Let weapon buying stay in CS, I don't want it in GRAW.

- DM: Addition of HIT INDICATORS. Yes, you may cry, "USE YOUR EARS, FOOL!", but, how do you know where the camper is? How would you know where you're being shot from? A replacement for hit indictators would have to be "Miss" sounds. What this means, if a round misses you and is close, you'll hear a "VOOM", symbolizing that you're being shot.

-DM: Spawn protection is DEFAULT, AND CANNOT BE DISABLED.

- Addition of TDM with SPAWN PROTECTION BY DEFAULT.

- Addition of more video options to tweak without having to go into the renderer_settings.xml.

The gaming clan iam in plays Joint Operations.. and as jops is few years old now.. our clan is out searching for a new game to play etc.. graw has what we are looking for.. but it needs in our eyes more adding to it..

Dedicated server files.. our clan is not playing graw because of this.. without them and it is going to die..

believe it or not we are still playing Joint Operations most nights.. yes because it is fun, we have a U2 rack server hosting our game, remote admin.., we have server rules as most clans do.. (no spawn rape, team killing etc..) these options are needed in graw too..

would like the option for players to join/leave the game at any time whilst running coop maps..

Armed Assault will be out soon, and if they get it right and support the clan side of gaming/multiplayer it could be the one we are looking for..

please make graw a clan game!

I really WANT to like GRAW. But at this point, I can't.

1) GO BACK to [GR] - Allow us to do save-points on our own. I am SO FREAKING TIRED of re-do'ing so much effort because some cheese-@(#* pops me 10 seconds/meters before the next save point. This, more than ANYTHING ELSE, is why I am about **THIS** close to uninstalling GRAW forever. After two or three of these I select QUIT and load [GR].

2) Now that I re-mapped the keyboard to look like [GR], I can't complain too much about that. :)

3) I miss the simplicity of [GR]'s tac map. The new one looks better, but who cares? I'm not expecting a tac map to be 3d-rendered, shaded and anti-aliased, for Christ's sake. I need it to give me a basic top-down view of a) my world, b) my location, c) location of my team, d) basic location of mission waypoints/objectives.

4) I don't have a "clunker" box...AMD Venice 3800+, GeForce PCIe 6800, 2gb RAM, SATA mirrored drives... and with the graphics details turned DOWN (I chose "auto-detect"), the overall performance in-game at 1024x768 is not good. With that hardware I can select a higher res but about 30 seconds of gameplay taught me to re-think it. Going into and out of zoom mode is painful, especially if I have on-screen action.

5) Can I say it? Get rid of the on-screen gun image. I'm sorry... [GR] may not be as "realistic" as GRAW, but that doesn't mean GRAW is more FUN. Make everyone happy and give us a switch to toggle.

6) I'll add this, but I know it's a waste of time. One of the things I love about [GR] is soul-hopping. You can set up your team (that would be a nice add for GRAW SP... HINT HINT)... and during the game you can play a bit of sniper.. then a demo run.. then just some down and dirty firefighting. I MISS that.

As I said... I really WANT to like GRAW. Other games that have made me this frustrated would have been uninstalled and "shelf-wared" a long time ago. I bought [GR] 2 months after it was released and it's the first thing I re-install after I re-image my primary Game system. I can't say GRAW is a console port, but the save-point thing FEELS a lot like game console mentality.

Is it too late to hope that GR 4 is simply [GR] with a better graphics and physics engine? I had so FEW complains about [GR]... but it's age was showing in those areas. I would have been very happy with [GR]+better graphics / physics / AI. I didn't need in-game vid feeds, blah blah blah.

Sorry to sound like a ###### but I just wasted another 2 hours with GRAW so my frustration is showing. I hear an evening with [GR] coming. :(

-John

My list for now...

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

silent_op

I totaly agree with those

and others

I have buy this game only because of the coop aspect of it, multi adverserial is fun and i am good at it but really.... coop is soo better... I played adverserial in sooo many games thats it has very little interest now, i can nearly alway guess where enemies and where i will get kill from anyway. So no challenge in that, while in coop you can create some crazzy battle, and if you improve the suppression aspect of the AI, that will clearly make a great coop. When i watch preview and review of the expension of GRAW for xbox 360, i really don't understand why Ubi push thats same aspect in the PC versions.

Long live coop!

Now i don't say that adverserial must not be improve for those who like that, but right now i really feel like im bot playing a script against a totaly unchanging patherne of enemie deployement.

walk there, wait for enemie spawn, shot, 2 enemy down, walk there, shot those 2 ai in the back, 2 enemy down, walk there, shoot the HMG, trow a nade on the other, blow that thing, wait for the cross comm comment, shoot the 3 ai that spawn there, etc..............

see what i mean?

My list for now...

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

silent_op

AGREED.... Big time...

My list for now...

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

Another thing to add to my list...

- Ability to add a coordinate grid overlay to the maps for MP (CO-OP and adversarial modes) and SP

silent_op