Ghost Recon 4

ok Ghost recon 4 is now on development , so were does this its gonna leave GRAW?

mmmm. :ermm: if the "new company" that its developing (GR4 "how we called, for now) decide to go back to the board and redesign the theme of the game , like GR1 but with better graphic engine (ragdoll ,vehicles,effects,sounds,blah blah) , SDK , map editor , and some Old gr. gametypes and new ones , and "the capabillity of an Inventory of combat gear and weapons " !!!

:FIREdevil:

That my dear UBI guy will be DA BOMB!!! $$$$$ , and were talking BIG BUCKS!!!

>>>GAME OF THE YEAR .<<< right on the money :thumbsup::thumbsup: so keep it up dont loose track of what the ppl. post and want , you guys already got back on track , good to see that.

"perdon por mi gramatica en Ingles , pardon for my grammar in english UBI guy ." :)

Cheers

p.s. because graw its in da can and on the shelve .

and Congratulations to all the ppl. that is trying to make this "new version" of GR. more pleasant and playable .

Edited by Cuchillo*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Ghost recon 4 is now on development , so were does this its gonna leave GRAW?

mmmm. :ermm:

Well lets see GR1 came out 5 years ago and it's taken 5 years to finally get the sequel [which isn't really a sequel but a game based on the original]. So with that in mind GR4 [if it's ever going to be called that] should be on target for 2011.

In the meantime I'm sure GRAW [GR3] will have at least 2 expansion packs [as Ubi have posted to that effect] and we will have mod city up and running full steam.I think GRAW is going to have a happy future, with or without ladder boiz. The game itself is excellent and like GRIin have said the game will be better as patches fix and improve the product. Lots of players have said how much they are enjoying this version of GR and how it's getting better.

I think Ubi are never going to release a replacement product when the current one is still making loadsa-money, and why should they. It's only a thought....

they couldn't do both fix graw and make gr4.

let grin fix gr3 and give gr4 to rse.

Companies regularly work on sequels while still patching the current version. Overlapping development is an everyday occurance in game development. We've been told only half of GRiN is working on patching GRAW, so the question is what the other half is working on.

GRiN itself may or may not have the resources to develop another game while devoting so much of their team to patching a game (for reference, most companies use 10% or less of their team to patch their games while the rest are devoted to future projects).

Ultimately both companies are excellent at what they do. The question is more of how much time they are given to produce the sequel. If either company is given a suitable amount of time, it will be a game to remember. I have my doubts that UBI will do much differently than this time though, providing limited funds and limited time to produce the PC version and the X360 and PS3 versions will get twice the team sizes and twice the development time.

There's always hope though.

Companies regularly work on sequels while still patching the current version. Overlapping development is an everyday occurance in game development. We've been told only half of GRiN is working on patching GRAW, so the question is what the other half is working on.

GRiN itself may or may not have the resources to develop another game while devoting so much of their team to patching a game (for reference, most companies use 10% or less of their team to patch their games while the rest are devoted to future projects).

Ultimately both companies are excellent at what they do. The question is more of how much time they are given to produce the sequel. If either company is given a suitable amount of time, it will be a game to remember. I have my doubts that UBI will do much differently than this time though, providing limited funds and limited time to produce the PC version and the X360 and PS3 versions will get twice the team sizes and twice the development time.

There's always hope though.

Good hypothesis Ted, I would reckon GRin if given the contract, and their best placed for it, will developed at least one expansion pack, and if their in the pipe for GR[4] then the cheapest route is to use existing resources to make the sequal. I mean if it ain't broke why fix it, and by the time GR4 comes around GRAW should be firing on all four [cylinders]. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'd like to see RSE get another crack at it. After all they got

me hooked to this game in the first place. Nothing against GRiN.

no offense, but didn't red storm entertainment make LOCKDOWN... that has to be 100x worse than this no? If you ask me UBI switched to GRiN for a reason... and so far after the support and what not I can say it was an ok decision... It's sort of like valve's support... I mean we dont get auto-patched and what not, but the developers are learning and fixing thier mistakes, while communicating with us, the gammers who play the game!

Edited by Beers

no offense, but didn't red storm entertainment make LOCKDOWN... that has to be 100x worse than this no?

RSE had like 5 months to make Lockdown PC, but it still has a more complete MP than GR:AW PC. LD shipped with TDM, DM, a number of other game types and it has more MP maps than GR:AW PC. It can even be argued that it looks better than GR:AW PC as well. (Both games lack a standalone dedicated server, and proper admin tools).

In my opinion RSE needs the proper amount of time to make a game. Look at GR:AW 360 (started around the same time as GR:AW PC), its still #2 on Xbox Live a few months after release. Think about this, if 360 got the PC game, do you think it would be #2 on Live? I think not. 360 is a pretty darn good game, and it really feels like a sequel to GR1.

One only has to look at the non-RSE produced GR titles (GR1 Jungle Storm, GR2 PS2, GR:AW PS2, GR:AW Xbox, GR:AW PC) to see that Red Storm has a really good handle on the Ghost Recon series. Notice something about those other GR games? They aren't nearly as good, or true to the original, as those produced by RSE. I don't hesitate to include GR:AW PC in that group either.

RSE deserves to get another, proper, crack at a PC GR title. Give them 2 years, and they'll probably make GR:AW PC look like a bad dream.

So what do I want in GR4 PC? I want a proper Red Storm produced sequel.

I hear that ubi has given the the contract for GR 4 to a couple of little known startup companies. who are going to combine their resources to make GR4 'one phat assed mother' (direct quote from ubi.)

The two companies are Hindenburg Simulations and Titanic Games.

Future looks bright....

I feel more comfortable with Grin creating GR4 PC version. Not one good PC game has come from RSE since the expansions for GR. You look at what they've produced they have steadily proven that they create game for the consol crowd in mind.

I personally,couldnt care less how well a consol game is doing on a consol market, thats a weak argument to suggest that it somehow means they would have made a sucessfull PC version. RSE introduced Medipacks into GR2 and have stedily dumbed down everything they produce to wow the kiddies with x-boxes, thats the exact same reson why i would rather not see them have a crack at GR4, because of GR2, GRAW PS, GRAW X-box, Lockdown, Spintercell, OTher Spintercell consol games) See a pattern, THEY ARE CONSOL MINDED DEVELOPERS. You also forget RSE DID have a crack at making a GR title. They F_ed it up, we didnt get GR2 because they were focused on the CONSOLE version.Thats a great thing for consol players, but Id rather see Grin who have made some serious strides in the right direction making a fun challenging game to play. Yes alot of room for improvment, but thier history of how they produce PC games look a hell of alot better than RSE's does now. RSE didnt produce GR1 from thin air, They started with R6, the Rouge spear, then GR. Its took them some generations to get to the point were they could ###### away all that FPS developing talent for a more consol minded bunch.

LD in 5 months sounds a lil BSy to me, Ive seen them advertising and talking about the games soon after Ravenshield was released, ... eh sooon enough for them to have a hell of alot more than 5 months to work on it.

2 new companies? !@#!@ dern. Might be done with FPS, its been a while since Ive played one anyway.

no offense, but didn't red storm entertainment make LOCKDOWN... that has to be 100x worse than this no?

RSE had like 5 months to make Lockdown PC, but it still has a more complete MP than GR:AW PC. LD shipped with TDM, DM, a number of other game types and it has more MP maps than GR:AW PC. It can even be argued that it looks better than GR:AW PC as well. (Both games lack a standalone dedicated server, and proper admin tools).

In my opinion RSE needs the proper amount of time to make a game. Look at GR:AW 360 (started around the same time as GR:AW PC), its still #2 on Xbox Live a few months after release. Think about this, if 360 got the PC game, do you think it would be #2 on Live? I think not. 360 is a pretty darn good game, and it really feels like a sequel to GR1.

One only has to look at the non-RSE produced GR titles (GR1 Jungle Storm, GR2 PS2, GR:AW PS2, GR:AW Xbox, GR:AW PC) to see that Red Storm has a really good handle on the Ghost Recon series. Notice something about those other GR games? They aren't nearly as good, or true to the original, as those produced by RSE. I don't hesitate to include GR:AW PC in that group either.

RSE deserves to get another, proper, crack at a PC GR title. Give them 2 years, and they'll probably make GR:AW PC look like a bad dream.

So what do I want in GR4 PC? I want a proper Red Storm produced sequel.

they may have only had 5 months to make lockdown, but wasn't it a port from console? I may be wrong, but that is what I heard.

Most companies have a few years to make a working title, where GRIN had just over 1 year. I dont think people are giving credit where credit is due. Im not saying GRAW is perfect, because its not, but it is not a port, they had half the time to make it, and it still is not a bad game.

If GRIN did the same as RSE did with Lockdown, sure we would have all the game types, weapons, but it would not be our own. Id rather have what we have now than a port.

RSE is the greatest game developer ever period. I have more of their games than any other developer. They are by far the best, when it comes to options,immersion and tactical gameplay. The classic RS series,SoaF,GR,DS,IT..Name a better collection of games to own.

You also forget RSE DID have a crack at making a GR title. They F_ed it up, we didnt get GR2 because they were focused on the CONSOLE version.

Ubi pulled the rug out from under Red Storm. Thats their fault? How? They asked for more time. We could have had the direct port in November of '04 but RSE didn't want to do that to the PC gamers. Yeah its all RSE's fault they wanted to try build a more PCcentric version game.

I don't understand how you can point to RSE as the cause of the GR2 cancellation, that was all Ubi.

thier history of how they produce PC games look a hell of alot better than RSE's does now.

You mean Ballistics and Bandits? Ballistics was released in 2001, and its a futuristic racing game. Bandits was released in 2002, and its an action style vehicle combat game. I don't know how either relate to a AAA first person shooter franchise like GR. GR:AW PC isn't exactly R6 or RS here.

RSE is still producing quality titles irregardless if you feel they are beneth you because of platform.

RSE didnt produce GR1 from thin air, They started with R6, the Rouge spear, then GR. Its took them some generations to get to the point were they could ###### away all that FPS developing talent for a more consol minded bunch.

One quick question, have you seen the Swedish news article mentioing the room full of PS3 dev kits that GRIN has? Here it is for you. Does that make them a console minded bunch too?

LD in 5 months sounds a lil BSy to me, Ive seen them advertising and talking about the games soon after Ravenshield was released, ... eh sooon enough for them to have a hell of alot more than 5 months to work on it.

LD PS2 and Xbox shipped in September of last year, LD PC shipped in February of this year. Around 5 months, from when the different versions of the title shipped, looks about right. Some people are playing the "GRIN didn't have enough time" card in regards to GR:AW, but with RSE and LD the time facter doesn't matter? I don't understand why one studio gets a reprieve, while the other gets slammed.

LD has 16 single player missions, and 8 MP maps. Each had to be brought up to a PC graphical standard, and then each has to go their Q/A testing cycles. If anything was broken it had to be fixed and retested. How the hell could Red Storm have totally rebuilt every map in the game, done more work on the feature set (ie. the planng stage) all on a DX9 engine built up from a PS2 base? More time is how, something Ubisoft wouldn't give them. Same thing happened with GR2 PC.

The whole problem here isn't Red Storm. Its Ubisoft. But instead of blaming the real culprit, your ready to slag off on the people in the trenches. Because RSE has shipped a good number of console titles, and one for the PC in the past few years that automatically makes them a kiddie developer? Whatever. Guess GRIN's PS3 project makes them one too now? Going by your logic of Xbox owners being kiddies. Do you know the majority of gamers are in the 18-55 age bracket, and most play on consoles? Kiddies. I think not.

Red Storm deserves an honest chance to prove themselves to the PC audience. Ubisoft hasn't given them that honest chance in years.

Ubi pulled the rug out from under Red Storm.

You know, Im kinda tired of hearing the whole "its UBI's fualt " I know I dont know the polotics or exactly why things transpired the way it did, but to suggest that RSE had nothing to do with GR2 PC not getting released is flat out redculous. They were given a task to do, build GR2 X-box Build GR2 PC. They didnt do it, I dont care what excuses they cite or the situation, they didnt make it happen. The best anaglogy I can use if player whining at refs cause they lost.

You mean Ballistics and Bandits?

No, I mean GrAW and only GRAW. They produced a game that went in a direction that I havnt seen that from RSE since the expansions of GR1.

One quick question, have you seen the Swedish news article mentioing the room full of PS3

No I havnt, but I dont see how thats a point, its spin. Lemme ask you somthing, if a train going south at 70mph on the I5 and another train is going north @ 90MPH, does that still mean RSE still hasnt produced Jack since GR1 for the PC crowd?

Because RSE has shipped a good number of console titles, and one for the PC in the past few years that automatically makes them a kiddie developer? Whatever. Guess GRIN's PS3 project makes them one too now? Going by your logic of Xbox owners being kiddies. Do you know the majority of gamers are in the 18-55 age bracket, and most play on consoles? Kiddies. I think not.

Whats there not to get, there is a reason why I play PC games. Thats because they are more challenging to play, usually have more production value,ussually have ######ting edge ideas and gameplay, the colsol versions get the watered down dumbdown version of the same thing. Whatever the console can handle and with a few bottons to control GAMPLAY. For me consols have ALWAYS been dumbdown compared to a PC game, always tailor for simpler gameplay run and gun types. It wouldnt matter if the age bracket for x-boxers was 90, I'll still simplify all that by saying that consols are for kiddies. You act like like Im attacking RSE, when in reality, its all just true. They have turn into really good consl developers, and if they can return to thier hayday of producing the best PC games then GREAT, but Im a realist, they have obviouslt made the effort to be console minded (focuse on flash VS substance)and thaats prob where they are going to live . I still feel PC gamers would be better off is GRIN has the oportunity to expand on what they've already started. They got the right idea, all I think they need is a lil more maturing time.

BTW, Im curious, .... If i took the credits off of Rouge spear, or GR1, ... how many of those poeple would still be in RSE? Id be surprised if it was alot.

RSE is the greatest game developer ever period.

If you supstitute is for was, ..I agree 100%

Personally, I'd like to see RSE get another crack at it. After all they got

me hooked to this game in the first place. Nothing against GRiN.

no offense, but didn't red storm entertainment make LOCKDOWN... that has to be 100x worse than this no? If you ask me UBI switched to GRiN for a reason... and so far after the support and what not I can say it was an ok decision... It's sort of like valve's support... I mean we dont get auto-patched and what not, but the developers are learning and fixing thier mistakes, while communicating with us, the gammers who play the game!

No offense, but Red Storm Entertainment made the MP for GRAW x360, the best Ghost Recon there is. :thumbsup: