Post_effect_quality

What do you think looks best ?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it on, it really adds atmosphere to it, do I think its bit overdone yes, do I like the fact that their implementation of it kills AA absolutely not. To me Off looks like GR1 and sure that may be okay for some but hey then I would just reinstall GR1. Not too mention I dont see any huge performance gains with it off just a cartoony version of the same game. I keep it on low and its nice.

Low is well balanced as its not too OTT in your view, and you still get the night vision / map look & B/W Headcam effect.

Problem is .. even on low its a big FPS killer from nothing .... but to keep it in the area of yes or no .... NO.

.... until I update graphics card and then "yes but on low".

ON..... gives the game a mexican feel, when off, we are back in europe again.

I do however hope that the other levels of the full game offer a variety to the tone of the HDR, as well as power and color.

Dude im sorry but Mexico does not look like this,

tom-clancys-ghost-recon-advanced-wa.jpg

del_angel.jpg

^^ It looks more like this. But i do agree with the patch idea :grin1:

Edited by USMC Maggot

I say ON, I come from the Caribbean and that is how a really sunny day looks like. Without it it looks like a dull european summer day. Maybe allowing some people to adjust it/tone it down in a patch would be greatly appreciated.

strange- on high my game doesn't look like that. if it looked like that on my screen, i'd turn it off too.

ON for me

I say ON, I come from the Caribbean and that is how a really sunny day looks like. Without it it looks like a dull european summer day. Maybe allowing some people to adjust it/tone it down in a patch would be greatly appreciated.

strange- on high my game doesn't look like that. if it looked like that on my screen, i'd turn it off too.

ON for me

It will look like that on your PC, because the pic is from a MP map in GRAW.

The older one looks badass. Perhaps it would have stayed that way had people not complained that it looked too bright. Now we have others (or maybe the same people) saying it is too yellow. It would be cool if you could scale it to your tastes with a slider, but I guess that won't happen.

[image removed to save space]

ON for me

It will look like that on your PC, because the pic is from a MP map in GRAW.

I think, if you read carefully, he said that it DOESN'T look like that on his computer. That would mean he has played it on his computer and knows what he is talking about? :whistle:

I for one don't trust the colouring on any screenshots posted by these official game previewers/reviewers...

I voted ON. Turned off, it looks like they've put mexico city in a very large warehouse. Kinda like if you were to film an outdoors scene from a movie on an indoors stage and forget the lighting - know what I mean?

On, but on low.

I'll tell you something, if I specifically look, the aliasing is the same with the post effects on or off. However, I don't notice the aliasing when playing with the post effects on.

With post effects off, I notice the aliasing. I've been playing with post effects on low. Seems to be about perfect.

On....

dunno when the last time you were outside on a sunny day near the tropic of cancer.... but the sun relly does turn things 30 shades of yellow in the evening hours

but i wouldnt mind it be turned down a little.

Edited by Prozac360

I have a feeling that a lot of the games features rely on this light effect and taking it away would screw up the look of the game. for instance the nightvision has already been stated. But also if you look closely at the walls and certain objects after you shoot them, i think the holes are made by overlaying transparent layers that reflect the light in different ways giving the illusion of a hole. Take away the lighting and you may take away some of the damage effects to the environment.

The lighting seems to be heavily integrated into this game. I don't think it should be taken away.