New MP interview

recklessmind

Glad you guys like the preview.  Guess it's time for a diet when the game's done, hard to keep in shape when your job is to make games and your hobby is shooting (plus no Staff NCO to make me PT every morning). ;)

I guess you took that guys comment to heart. If your interested we have a daily pt team at my school mondays tuesdays and thursdays... Its for Army JROTC.

Don't worry, I'm cool. :rofl:

I was just kidding people always talk about me playing to many games.... mainly GR. But for some reason I'm in better shape. I try to maintain. I'll never give up games or pt.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, I say mean things, but it's just a reaction to how I feel about all the idiots surrounding me!

I kid.

OT: Man I don't think I'll be able to find a 360 before release... they are really hard to get a hold of. I hope to be playing day1, but I dont know if thats going to work out. Bummer.

Edited by recklessmind

I also was a bit worried by the speed of the game and thought maybe it was gonna be a run and gunnner.

But serrelan seems to be right cause every runner ended wiping the concrete with his face as the stationary ones got the drop.

So i guess you can move at quite a clip if you want but after a while and loads of times of it getting you killed players might slow the heck down.

By the way... that vid was really well done. Gametrailers is doing some great stuff lately. I loved how you could here the comments of people playing:

"Aww right in the face!"

I think they did a god job making it interesting and throwing in stuff people actually want to know about. Im not sure how much of that was RSE and how much was GT, but it was pretty cool. Good vid.

Edited by recklessmind

I also was a bit worried by the speed of the game and thought maybe it was gonna be a run and gunnner.

But serrelan seems to be right cause every runner ended wiping the concrete with his face as the stationary ones got the drop.

So i guess you can move at quite a clip if you want but after a while and loads of times of it getting you killed players might slow the heck down.

I still think they run a little too fast.

Also, I've never liked how they always hold the gun up in the air while running full speed... he only lowers the gun when stationary.

In GR2 it was like that... in SP there was a running animation where he held the gun waist level and seemed to run a bit quicker, and then when you slowed down he'd raise the gun again. But that animation was absent from MP. I wonder why that is.

It was a pretty cool animation, and it was already in the game. Seeing the guys running (looked more like skipping) in MP when the enemy was nowhere around was kind of wonky. I imagine there’s some technical hurdle making it that way.

I was kind of hoping that would’ve been addressed in the sequel. Guess its pretty low on the priority list, lol. Just a minor thing, but I always notice that while playing.

I was watching the same video as you rocky.

Im just getting more and more picky on what I think of games. graw looks great for what it is, I havent played it yet (ubi/gamespot let me down there)

The videos dont show me everything im looking for, so im still patiently waiting for the demo.

I do like your video thoe serellan, your one of the few developers when you say somthing you really put in the extra little details to keep the people excited.

hey guys, dont know if you care, or if you already know ,but i am gonna point it out., i was watching the video and at 8 min. 20 sec. if you pause you will notice two types of grenades in the soldiers inventory. i guess this means we can carry more than one type. so .....smoke and frag. awesome

great video. It's a perfect example of the way PR should be handled. He really cares about the product!! Enthusiasm and pride is cool. Looks like they've put a lot of hard work and thought into this. hope the consolse crowd is happy with it.

thanks Serellan, good stuff :thumbsup:

Thankyou for the awesome video and very informative interview.

For the XBox 360, it looks really good.

I really enjoyed this interview. It shows your dedication and respect for not only the series, but for the gamers of every platform.

Thankyou for this...................although I just play on the PC, GRAW looks like the authentic sequel to the original GR.

Again, thankyou.........................a loyal fan since 2001..... :yes:

Do please take into account that "action" tends to be what gets into the videos, because it doesn't make for exciting videos to watch someone slowly move through a map, checking each corner and covering their six.  But do expect that you will be doing a lot of that in GRAW MP (unless you want to die a lot).

Real good point, I think most of us realise it.

Great Video, Commentary not bad, Game looks Bloody awsome, Well done, lets hope it sells really well and you can all retire :) Didn`t notice the weight thing, you over the limit mate, get the wife to sort a diet out. :(

Also the March release was confirmed at the very end of the video.

C.A. and Team Home Goal :thumbsup:

Colin

Wow that looks amazingly good! I didn't think I'd ever like the OTS view but it looks really good, I also like Cross-comm! I hope that we get a similar experience on the PC too.

The console version looks very good, I might even pick it up for xbox360 aswell!

Edited by whoa182

Finally, a video that includes shots without those crazy diamonds to indicate enemy or friends. Thanks Serellan.

Also, I noticed a lack of smoke trails from fired rounds (or is that an SP only deal?) in the video. Does that mean they were removed from the game or just turned off? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Wow, that was an great video. You guys are doing great things with the sequel.

Don't worry about the weight, rich men don't have to be skinny :D . Actually, I have never seen a skinny guy, hop out of a $150,000+ car before, lolol.

I just have one question. I have noticed that all of the videos, the character is in fully automatic. One of the things that annoyed me about GR2, was that I had to go through a sub-menu to switch my gun to single shot. Is there one button, that we can push, to toggle between the rate of fire (like in GR/GRIT - black button)?

Again, thanks for all of your hard work :) . I can't wait!!!

Wait.... let me get my roll on..... :rofl: