Year of the Monkey progress shots

Bummer, what's the use of a thumbnail then?

I really can't tell anything from that because a thumbnail always looks good.

Actually those aren't thumbnails per say, they are briefing shots. Those were taken for the mod. Sleeper just decided to throw them together as a jpeg to give a quick heads up that production is in fullswing.

We havnt devoted any special time to pr lately for several reasons. The biggest is that we all have too much on our plate to eat still to sit down and snap a half dozen screens for you guys to tear apart. That being said, we have HUGE plans for pr, but right now there is still one map completely in production which I havnt even seen yet and the maps are still getting changes due to scripting.

So just be patient, and trust the fact that Sleeper is a top notch mapper and the mod will deliver...

Edited by TheBlakeness (HotPants)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original idea as far as showing progress was not to show any at all. Maybe it's because i'm a bit shy about showing my work in progress, maybe it's because of superstitions(jinx), maybe it's to keep myself sane amid the possible influx of suggestions and advice, i'm not sure really. I chose to show the map shots because they are small, they dont show much, and like was said earlier, everything looks good as a thumbnail. The thing is that they do show that something is going on and that's better than nothing I guess. I may choose to post a full screen or two, but I'm also wary of that because a couple of screenshots can't really portay the feel of the maps. I can't say that these are the best maps out there but I can say that they are an honest attempt at something that will be enjoyable and that a lot of time and effort has gone into their development. Thanks for the comments and concern.

Idea for Sl :yawn: er (wake up ): Maybe some enviroment sounds of monkeys in the trees (like you're in the jungle, you ARE in the jungle !) I've seen a docu once where they all got crazy (making noises, jumping up and down, you know) at some time a day.

Could use a proximity-zone for it, then it'll look like they see you and start screaming, lol.

Tropical birds are good for some noise too.

Only thing is if hell breaks lose (a firefight starts), you have to find a way to shut em up, cause it'll be likely they are still around by then.

About the thumbs - useless for mapmakers, but it gives an overall impression of how it'll look like. I mean woodland, jungle or desert, day or night, foggy or not etc. I can't wait for just one 1024x1024 (together with wireframe !)

If this is our 4th EP, then you've got involved in the 3rd and 4th, congrats !

Idea for Sl :yawn: er (wake up ): Maybe some enviroment sounds of monkeys in the trees (like you're in the jungle, you ARE in the jungle !) I've seen a docu once where they all got crazy (making noises, jumping up and down, you know) at some time a day.

Could use a proximity-zone for it, then it'll look like they see you and start screaming, lol.

Tropical birds are good for some noise too.

Only thing is if hell breaks lose (a firefight starts), you have to find a way to shut em up, cause it'll be likely they are still around by then.

About the thumbs - useless for mapmakers, but it gives an overall impression of how it'll look like. I mean woodland, jungle or desert, day or night, foggy or not etc. I can't wait for just one 1024x1024 (together with wireframe !)

If this is our 4th EP, then you've got involved in the 3rd and 4th, congrats !

LOL how cool would it be to have monkey's and pig's and stuff as NPC's that you could shoot :rofl:

we all have too much on our plate to eat still to sit down and snap a half dozen screens for you guys to tear apart.

I think you're taking this the wrong way.

My request for fullscreens wasn't to "tear it apart", but rather the opposite.

I've seen some earlier screenshots Sleeper send me by PM and I'm just curious about the progress, from one mapper to another. It's a well-meant interest.

I can say that they are an honest attempt at something that will be enjoyable and that a lot of time and effort has gone into their development.

I'm convinced YOTM will be a quality mod, no question about it.

we all have too much on our plate to eat still to sit down and snap a half dozen screens for you guys to tear apart.

I think you're taking this the wrong way.

My request for fullscreens wasn't to "tear it apart", but rather the opposite.

I've seen some earlier screenshots Sleeper send me by PM and I'm just curious about the progress, from one mapper to another. It's a well-meant interest.

I can say that they are an honest attempt at something that will be enjoyable and that a lot of time and effort has gone into their development.

I'm convinced YOTM will be a quality mod, no question about it.

Actually quite the opposite. The term "you guys" was used in a general sense. If you followed this thread when it originally started back before this forum was redone for the 100th time, you would find that I used to post screens quite often...then I would spend the next week answering people's questions, responding to advice and NOT working on the mod. So we decided to change our approach and not spend so much time with the forums.

We have specific plans for the PR department and you will see more as our deadline draws near..thats why I said "soon" in my post.

@San,

Mindaltering drugs are illegal for a reason. Just say "NO" my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

no exact release date though..but just to give you an idea of where we are at..

we are kneedeep in scripting right now. I believe there is 2 missions bagged and complete with 3 more in the works..out of a grand total of 13. We still have one last map to complete.

If things continue to move as fast as they have been lately, we will be done sooner then I personally would have expected.

More to come soon.

BTW..@Foxtrot,

nice MACV patch

no exact release date though..but just to give you an idea of where we are at..

we are kneedeep in scripting right now.  I believe there is 2 missions bagged and complete with 3 more in the works..out of a grand total of 13.  We still have one last map to complete.

If things continue to move as fast as they have been lately, we will be done sooner then I personally would have expected.

More to come soon.

BTW..@Foxtrot,

nice MACV patch

Thanx bro

• 2 weeks later...