Year of the Monkey progress shots

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so the development team knows, we at MacGamingMods.com have took on the task of converting YOTM to a mac freindly format, and make it available for mac players to download on our website. We'll update you on this thread when we are done. It shouldn't take to long, we've only found a few files that will cause errors on a mac.

You can view our conversion notes here.

Edited by Vir2L

Just so the development team knows, we at MacGamingMods.com have took on the task of converting YOTM to a mac freindly format, and make it available for them to download on our website.

You can view our conversion notes here.

My understanding is, that there is a mac version and the YOTM team are trying to arrange a download location.

Ok,

I'm hoping they know its gonna take more than just changing the audio format to AIF. And if they do I'm wondering why they put in long-file-names that aren't mac compatable.

Anyhow, just a heads-up.

I'll hold off on our conversion until I get word, I guess. No sense in doing the work for no reason. =D

They are more than welcome to check my conversion note page to view the problems I saw in the mod for mac compatability here.

Edited by Vir2L

actually, I personally welcome any effort on the MAC community to do this port. Without MACs to test on its hard for us to be sure of the results. (I have an OSX machine, but no GR for it :( ) Feel free to visit our forums and IM us to talk about this further.

:D I just wanted to add my great appreciation for this mod!

Obviously, I am not much of a poster, but this mod is worth a thousand and one posts...challenging, authentic, captures the mood, superb scripting...I know that a lot of others have made a lot of great mods (I am a Trenchsoldier fan among others) but this one deserves mod of the year hands down. The time involved, the commitment of El Oso and all those involved to the community over the last few years (again not to short others who have been here almost from the start like Jack, et al and of course Rocky who has kept a lotttt of life in GR)...well, I wont't ramble..I would have paid good money for this total conversion, it's star quality compared to the majority of arcade trash that's being passed for computer games these days.

Thanks YOTM Team!!!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

EDIT: yep, I was at work and didn't read very carefully...Rocky - can you move my post to the feedback thread? :whistle:

Edited by MorgTzu