Are you interested in GR:AW3?

Are you interested in GR:AW3  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NoQuarter asked me to create this poll on his behalf. Have at it!

Simple enough question...are you willing to shell out some more of your gas money for another installment (same engine/gameplay/structure, different box art) of the Ubi/GRIN :AW series, if there would be one?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like GRIN to develope a GRAW3. They know where the bugs/misses/wishes are by now, the only thing they need is a big bag of money from UBI. I know for sure they can do it. Anything better than COD4/ARMA/CRYSIS would make me happy

This may come as a bit of a shock to some, but I have to say no.

I want my old game back with better graphics and lots more missions, and a few tweaks here and there,

I dont want to see the recipe changed from gr1, period.

Ubisoft need to pick up the ball again and get on with it.

Ghost Recon 2 for PC should be the next title.

This may come as a bit of a shock to some, but I have to say no.

I want my old game back with better graphics and lots more missions, and a few tweaks here and there,

I dont want to see the recipe changed from gr1, period.

Ubisoft need to pick up the ball again and get on with it.

Ghost Recon 2 for PC should be the next title.

:D

Same for me.

Only tried the demo for cod4 and crysis, will not be buying as no Real MP Co-Op.

If i was tempted to buy graw3, it would HAVE to have more than 4 in Co-Op also.

GR1 keeps my group happy.

:thumbsup:

Complete GRAW2 with all fixed bugs and add some more new maps from old Ghost Recon.

GRAW2 is still a great game, fix it better and it will get more players,

If GRAW3 is little better than GRAW2, fixed free from bugs have more maps and missions, easier to make cutom maps.

GRIN makes GRAW2, they know what we want in the new game.

I hope they bring back the old genuin Ghost Recon (PC) with better graphics and more maps, make it easier to make custom maps for the game.

RSE/UBI makes a new Ghost Recon like the ORG but better.

Ghost Recon is still the best game.

I hate to say it but no. I'm afraid, I'm done with UBI in regards to TC properties. They have changed them too much for my tastes. UBI IMO cannot and will not produce another TC FPS game that will interest me. Their move to the hollywood-esque Halo style gameplay has completely turned me off and I probably won't consider another from them.

Also, no offense to GRIN, I also wouldn't purchase another FPS MP title on their game engine. It would take a complete re-write of it to be a quantum improvement over the current version to make me interested in playing and hosting a MP game using it.

I'm interested in Bionic Commando purely from a single player standpoint so I'm not too terribly concerned about it. However, the design of their current technology would prevent me from purchasing another one of their multiplayer games.

I wish GRIN was big enough now for them to deliever a gmae without the need of a publisher.. that or moving to a different publisher...

Honestly, I don't care if it has the GR name to it..

I want a tac-sim shooter.. plan an simple...

Even if RSE developes it..

But I will not buy it if it becomes a port of the 360 or keeps getting further away from the tac-sim genre it's suppose to be in.

Give me Ghost Recon Redux - Updates physics engine, graphics engine and sound, with the original [GR] maps + all the appropriate tools for the modding community (AT TIME OF RELEASE!)... make sure it supports all the game modes we've come to love (and let the maps work in all of the modes, please!)... give the admins all the tools they need to run professional servers (AT TIME OF RELEASE!)... create an ENVIRONMENT that allows growth of both SP and MP play through map packs, modding work, etc.

That is the game I would purchase. But that's not a Ghost Recon ADVANCED WARFIGHTER title.. it's a Ghost Recon title... and if there is a GRAW3 I won't buy it, period.

I wish GRiN well in their future endeavors but I don't see me giving them any more of my money in the future.

Can RSE do a Ghost Recon Redux? At this point I doubt it... they've moved to consoles so heavily that I tend to think they would do a worse job than GRiN... and that truly hurts to say since RSE did such a great job on [GR].

Right now I have to agree with some of the others... Ground Branch might be the true spiritual successor to [GR]. Ubi has dragged the TC titles WAY off their original directions and I cannot support this notion of a $50 price tag to help beta test another release.

-John K.

I voted 'maybe' but on condition of a few things;

a) Repair GRAW2 very soon.

b) Grin / UBI must actually pay attention to this and thier own forums and put into GR:AW3 (for PC) a lot of the changes that you guys who contribute have suggested.

c) Bring out a complete, polished and finished (PC) game before Blackfoot studios do.

To much to ask? We'll see!

K

Might depend on who the developer is. :unsure: If it's GRIN I'd have to say no. They had 2 shots to deliver the goods and somewhere along the way most of the goods got ruined. :( I want something like GR where you can play it over and over and over again and still have a blast doing so. :D

No.

However, I disagree with a few sentiments above.

First, my reason for not having any interest in a graw3 is not because I've "been there done that", but because the future warrior concept never did appeal to me. I just don't like the gameplay, it lacks much of what makes GR the game it is, and the crosscom, narcom, IFF, etc are THE reason (and the "hero" character too).

Second, I do not blame GRIN for the reasons I don't like graw. I think they did a really good job, if you look at the game for what it is: an AW game, not a GR game. I just don't like the departure from what I consider GR. I would love to see GRIN do GR4, as a faithfull continuation of the greatest tac game ever made. But they will need to understand what makes GR and what does not. As Krise has said, first and foremost, they need to "get it". They clearly have the talent and skill.

Edited by doubletap

No, I wouldn't touch anything they do.

From all appearances, they "Don't get it", and never will. GR was a masterpiece, but since then the "console" mindset has taken over. All of the pre-game options (chat screens, squad selections, etc.) were tossed and with it they tossed the feel of "community". Everything seems geared for instant gratification as an individual, not a team. Start game, join server, fragfest, respawn, rinse & repeat.......how boring, uninspiring, and un-original

They should have made it mandatory that GRIN, or whoever, extensively play the original in a clan environment/laddering SO that they could see what made it great.

Bring on Ground Branch & [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising]. :thumbsup:

woflsong told me many moons ago, i think during the GRAW1 days that Ubisoft controlled every aspect of the game.

which makes me wonder what ubisoft really wants from it's titles. It's obvious at this point that Ubisoft couldn't develop a good title to save their lives. as business goes, if they were taken over by another Dev or just fall by the way side, that might change the face of the community of developers. they got too big. they lack real vision and imagination.

they seem like McDonalds to me, one on every corner but more importantly, the lost the concept of quality for quantity.

a revolution is healthy and helps change things. perhaps PC'ers dropping ubisoft titles completely would send a signal.

No. Hell No. I've spent, as well as many others, over $100 for two games that I feel were just wal-mart-ized versions of [GR]. Flashy and pretty, but very little to keep my attention. I miss my [GR]. I would only buy another GR title if these things changed...

1. The developer. Sorry, but no matter how good your intentions were, you had 2 chances.

2. The engine. Probably the biggest flaw in the whole system.

3. The gameplay. Take it back to [GR]. I would like to look at the map, objectives, and plot my OWN way around a map, the WHOLE map. If I wanted a linear shooter, I would go to the local arcade and play that "area 51" game.

4. UBISOFT. You had a great title, and you ruined it for the PC players. Too bad.

Bring on Ground Branch

i ticked NO because the COOP was non existent really and I only really like the COOP stuff nowadays.

in addition, without user-friendly GUI to produce missions like IGOR then its just no fun making missions.

GRAW1 was a decent start, GRAW2 better but still half-finished.

i wont buy until I see ppl playing and still loving the game after 4-6 months and the servers are packed.