GRAW poll

Papa6

- prepare an extenstion pack for GRAW asap ! such as island thunder from [GR]. i don't think ppl will care about buying an extension pack for this game !

Mmmmm.... I personally have a problem with this comment. There is no chance I will pay more money for GRAW. Beta testers are usually volunteers. I had to pay $50 for the privilege of being part of a public beta. Call me crazy, but I'm not paying any more.

Now... that doesn't mean I won't pay $50 for GR4... I'm still a GR fan...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon after all of this nonsense with GRAW and you diehards are still here, that the GRIN crew could walk up to you, spread your legs, knee you fair in the nuts, and you'd still love GRIN and their "game".

So to answer the poll:

If GRAW is not dead now, it will definitely be in about 50 days when ArmA hits the shelves.

jUST MY OPINION.

Is that AMERICAS ARMY?Its out,2.7 was released.

I reckon after all of this nonsense with GRAW and you diehards are still here, that the GRIN crew could walk up to you, spread your legs, knee you fair in the nuts, and you'd still love GRIN and their "game".

So to answer the poll:

If GRAW is not dead now, it will definitely be in about 50 days when ArmA hits the shelves.

jUST MY OPINION.

Is that AMERICAS ARMY?Its out,2.7 was released.

Sorry to plug another game but AA 2.7 has a few really ggod COOP against AI now. It's not that bad.

GRAW may be dead to some. But, I can't help thinking, "then why are all these people posting on this site?" I believe that GRAW is "Alive", but it does need help. Granted, GRiN did not get everything right, but what developer does? Look at F.E.A.R. and all the "Brothers in Arms". they all needed patcehes. And from, from what I remember, OGR1 wasn't the best, until there were patches. I think that some people want perfection. Just my opini :hmm: on.

GRAW may be dead to some. But, I can't help thinking, "then why are all these people posting on this site?" I believe that GRAW is "Alive", but it does need help. Granted, GRiN did not get everything right, but what developer does? Look at F.E.A.R. and all the "Brothers in Arms". they all needed patcehes. And from, from what I remember, OGR1 wasn't the best, until there were patches. I think that some people want perfection. Just my opini :hmm: on.

Rbrad1, I agree to a point. I often ask myself why I still visit the GRAW forum.

The answer, up to recently, was that I did have a hope that GRiN could pull off a miracle with the last patch. I'm afraid that didn't happen.

I'm a huge GR fan overall, so I do troll the other forums ([GR] especially).. and I'm awaiting a new forum for GR4 (meant humorously... somewhat...)

And [GR] DID have problems at the onset, no question. My personal frustration with GRAW isn't bugs necessary (well... okay...) but rather how virtually nothing from [GR] was used as a launch point for GRAW. I want a sequel to have as few "take-aways" as possible, meaning features lost from the original. We lost a LOT from [GR]... for example, [GR] had a far superior mod control mechanism in-game compared to GRAW.

So, I think to some people, perhaps these latest posts are more of an Irish Wake... that's how I feel, at least. I SO wanted GRAW to be successful... but in the end, personally and speaking only for myself... it isn't.

If you enjoy it, game on... (no sarcasm intended... honest)...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I think he has haemorrhaged too much blood (players) to make a full recovery and its only a matter of time before the machine that goes "beep... beep... beep..." will be going "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

But thinking about an expansion pack (a miracle recovery), if one ever does happen I wonder how it will be marketed: "Ubisoft are proud to announce an expansion pack for the critically acclaimed... urm.... and award winning PC game.... no, thats not it, errr.... the really limp effort at continuing the GR PC franchise...., no wait, perhaps.... the initial debacle of the original AW release...".

However they word it - it would need some serious spin.

Man thats awsome, had a good laugh over that one. Thanks for the new sig material :thumbsup:

I only play the SP and I still think the game is "Alive". One of these days, when my "old lady" is out and about, I will try.\, at least, the co-op. I have had many invitations and I thank you all for that. Still don't have the confidence to try. I don't want to get "spammed/GL'd" while I try to figure out where I am ! :D

I only play the SP and I still think the game is "Alive". One of these days, when my "old lady" is out and about, I will try.\, at least, the co-op. I have had many invitations and I thank you all for that. Still don't have the confidence to try. I don't want to get "spammed/GL'd" while I try to figure out where I am ! :D

We all have to start somewhere. Heck, I'm STILL pathetic in MP. Doesn't mean I don't have a blast, though. Especially with teammates like Retlaw above you there. Give it a shot.

I won't tell your wife....

We all have to start somewhere. Heck, I'm STILL pathetic in MP. Doesn't mean I don't have a blast, though. Especially with teammates like Retlaw above you there. Give it a shot.

I won't tell your wife....

That's great. She still thinks a "Wal-Mart special" witha 486 and a P1 is a great and sufficient computer. She just doesn't understand me.... :lol:

ON LIFE SUPPORT..but the plug will be pulled once Armed Assault is released. :thumbsup:

You mean... if Armed Assault is released.... been in the making longer then any other title i know.

I'll get it cause were gonna host it, not sure I'll play it much, graphics are kinda dated, yea I am spoiled by eye candy :rofl:

Of course it is live and kicking, the game has made great progress with the latest patch (that is of course if one cares about progress, deciding that the game sucks whatever happens is another stance).

What the game really need now is some kind of extra effort to get more players online. I don't know what, but any sort of cheap trick will do as I think the game got worse reputation at the moment than it deserves with its current outlook - i.e. if average Joe gave it a chance he will like it more than he thought he would. Perhaps an early and cheap expansion pack just to make a statement that the game is well etc.

Of course it is live and kicking, the game has made great progress with the latest patch (that is of course if one cares about progress, deciding that the game sucks whatever happens is another stance).

What the game really need now is some kind of extra effort to get more players online. I don't know what, but any sort of cheap trick will do as I think the game got worse reputation at the moment than it deserves with its current outlook - i.e. if average Joe gave it a chance he will like it more than he thought he would. Perhaps an early and cheap expansion pack just to make a statement that the game is well etc.

Updated demo with MP/COOP would do wonders. How hard is it for UBI to see that, oh wait;UBI; never mind I said that.

Judging by the majority of squads that we played GR with, dead. Our second to last holdout in our squad uninstalled it. Now it's just Red Cobra, but he ain't too smart and he's way too stubborn............:D

Oh ####, I DID bring the troll magnet with me - in my virtual pocket actually - into this very thread! :P

Come on *points at sofa*, is there no way to make you think that GRAW would be worth time (un)spent? I mean the game have had a lot of improvement since you for the first time told all the kids at the Ubi forum to back away from this pestilence of so called game. Please?

Moderator edit. Please do not change letters or use symbols to bypass the swear filter.

Edited by WhiteKnight77