"June Patch" discussion thread

I feel like this patch thing and how long GRAW will survive hinges on this patch.

that's exactly how i feel.

it's all about timing. if they don't really fix some of these key issues soon, they're going to see some serious erosion of their fanbase.

and while i agree that this game has potential, quite a few people i game with appreciate it's potential, too... but aren't playing it ;)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice a HUGE improvement with Ted smiths Team death match mod. Not having to go after bases and just duke it out with your adversary.

I appears that GRAW is hugely moddable and maybe more so than [GR].

my comment on the survivablility of GRAW was purely in the context of the support it will receive. But as quickly as Grin came out witht he 1.10 patch, I'm leaning toward GRAW's success. I think if Mod tools are released, that will be the icing on the cake if you will.

BTW, if you guys are playing online anytime, you can catch me on BDA's server as drunkmexican*BDA* a server for an older crowd. :rofl:

Edited by Papa6

I just hope you all get your hopes up too high. This patch has taken on a life of its own, and it seems many are looking forward to this as much as they were the release of the actual game.

Just a reminder, this game will not include everything we want right now. The patch we all are waiting for will be the one that adds TvT and Dedicated server files. I only count this june patch as a tatse of whats to come, and not the make or break so many seem to think.

I just hope you all get your hopes up too high. This patch has taken on a life of its own, and it seems many are looking forward to this as much as they were the release of the actual game.

Just a reminder, this game will not include everything we want right now. The patch we all are waiting for will be the one that adds TvT and Dedicated server files. I only count this june patch as a tatse of whats to come, and not the make or break so many seem to think.

Ditto

I think we are waiting for both patches :D

Many are probobly looking forward to the AC and AA-feature. Atleast I am :P

The "Patch" won't be out this friday but friday the 16th of June!

Well I guess that means it won't take long from then, 'til the Patch is going public! :)

I just hope and pray GRIN have the common sense to add a ghost cam,

spectator mode like GR1 [to quote] like co-op has but in DOMINATION,

DEATHMATCH, TEAM DEATH MATCH infact all modes !!!! why ?????

I'd like to follow some players and learn tactics [also learn the maps better].

It also be nice to see [while i'm dead] how some rack up 20+ kills while the average is under that !!! :o=

an option to see thru/follow/walk with others when dead like in CSS,

then with fraps if spotted a cheater one can catch the fool

but it might be too much to ask before the june patch or even july patch if they did not think of this or have had enough time to make it (june would be tough....)

Everyone is so anxious and giddy for the coming patch maybe GRIN might even male us pay for it and call it a booster pack. :rofl:

My bank account number is 309.... :P

S

Maybe if the patch is accidently "released early" then maybe we have something to talk about.

:whistle::P

I'm not trying to rain on anybodies parade but where did it ever say the patch is being released the 16th. I know they will be showcasing it at the lan party thingymajigger, but I've yet to see where the public release will be. Just a warning to not get your hopes up when the 16th comes and goes without a patch. I believe the showcase will be the final test for the patch and if there aren't any problems then it will be released shortly thereafter, but if some bugs appear then the patch will probably be released towards the end of June. Just my opinion, shoot me if want. :)

To the GRINners, any idea how big the patch will be for downloading yet? If the first post

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearence at the North Con
is anything to go by its a bit more than a few meg.

im guessing this add-on will be around 200-300MB at least, the 1.06 is around 15MB and 1.10 patch is around 28MB, i bet this one will be large ....or small?? :unsure:

june 16th :( dang nabit! just 3 days before my surgry thats gonna have me off the puter fore 2-3 weeks :( :( :( :( :( :( hopefully ill have some good mp gameing to lookforward to once i get back!

Get well soon!

thanks i wil be! finaly getting a tendon i tore in dec finally fied lol

To the GRINners, any idea how big the patch will be for downloading yet? If the first post

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearence at the North Con

im guessing this add-on will be around 200-300MB at least, the 1.06 is around 15MB and 1.10 patch is around 28MB, i bet this one will be large ....or small?? :unsure:

with all the things ive heard are saposed to be in this patch it would be a huge thing to download (prob something like500 mbs? ) or i could be wrong but that is what i thinking

june 16th :( dang nabit! just 3 days before my surgry thats gonna have me off the puter fore 2-3 weeks :( :( :( :( :( :( hopefully ill have some good mp gameing to lookforward to once i get back!

Get well soon!

thanks i wil be! finaly getting a tendon i tore in dec finally fied lol

with all the things ive heard are saposed to be in this patch it would be a huge thing to download (prob something like500 mbs? ) or i could be wrong but that is what i thinking

luckily im on 100MB connection hopefully it will take less then 15 minutes...

im thinkin large.. prob 200-330 like you say.. just coz of the new maps and stuff. But then again, if the maps just use the same objects and buildings etc.. then mite not be that big.

can you feel the heat!! :g_withgrin: i just cant wait!!

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearance at the North Con

I noted that there will be NEW DOMINATION MAPS, if so the d/l will be bigger than a few...

unless the maps are already embedded in the games 2.5Gb pack

But no fear it's TUESDAY and FRIDAY is only 3 DAYS away...

And don't FORGET DEZ_22 new bird sounds !!!!

I love the sound field !!!

I noted that there will be NEW DOMINATION MAPS,

Are you sure about that ? I thought we are geting only new coop maps, it would be great though.

I could be mistaken, because I've done so much reading my eyes are now MONITOR SHAPED

all I remember was reading NEW MAPS .........

we have to remember that the SP game covers a large part of the city of mexico.

GRIN will not have spent months developing those maps for SP only........

:santa: come on Santa