Poll on Map types

What terrain would you like  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why it says I voted already when all I did was view the result :angry:

anyhoo, mountains and snow for me. Not enough snow except Frosbite.

I like crunching the snow while I wait for other players enter the map.

If I can make little snowmen, I would. Then I would ran back, take aim and lob some grenades :o=

Damn, I ranted...

Voted for desert because the last desert siege map & mission called "Tank" was my favourite of all time. You could approach the mission in a variety of ways and it involved ambushes :o= and had wide areas for sniping :ph34r:

Plus there were no trees blowing in the wind to slow my pc down :)

:hmm: I also was cheated out of voting because I looked at poll results?

My vote w.b. for woodland forest based on same rationale WK77 asserts:

I voted for woodland forest, but a forest can also be in the tropics, which is as we all know a jungle. It can also be a setting with snow.

Wrote this in the other thread, but it fits this one better:

The big things I would want is non urban warfare. With the game its all urban warefar, and thats fine, but with an expansion pack I would like to see no urban maps to give us some contrast in multiplayer.

Having said that I think a story could very easily have maps that envolved several of these types. Mountians, wooded forests, snow, fields, rough jagged terrain. I would like to see that kind of diversity in the expansion pack.

my vote goes for snow.....not least cos its fitting with my name, but ever since Siberian Bunker I from R6:RS i've been in love with almost all snow maps i come across....

snowy woodland would have to be combination i'd be looking for

:)

My vote when for woodland.

Spec Ops operations in forested environments has always been the most fun for me.

Snow and Desert are always a little too light on the cover and concealment.

As mentioned before, Jungle is too system intensive and often too dense.

Woodland provides the best environment for sneaking in...doing a proper recon...and sneaking back out... It also forces the player to move more carefully as the adequate cover could hide a small patrol just meters away...

I went for Jungle myself, altough I'd be just as happy with Woodland for pretty much the reasons en4rcement mentioned. Lots of carefull sneaking around, tense night time missions, suppressed weapons etc. Maybe even the occasional mad dash to get to a clearing for exfil, being chased by lot's of bad guys, laying traps/ambushes to slow them down and so on.

I chose woodlands, why?, i like the smell of pine, lol. Yeah woodlands with some sheds and buildings old timber yard, maybe an underground bunker lots of tunnels, cocaine factorys, arms cache, weapons of mass destruction.

check out this dude in the woodlands... ha.

seal6327928ra.th.jpg

I found this site amusing... The ultimate soldier... http://207.254.40.20/photos.html

I chose desert but would ideally like multiple environments like SS. Whatever the environment is, I would like the terrain to be mountainous with atleast a couple of 'really high mountain' maps. I hope that there will be lots of villages and not just open terrain.

I would not like to see too many dense jungle maps as this will turn the game into CQC most of the time.

I voted jungle because we have had a truckload of forrest and snow, but more importantly there was an addon for RS that had 3 jungle missions in south america in it, and they were the hardest and most amazing maps I have ever played, and looked great too. man the bad guys could be 3 feet away and u could not see them, and vice versa !. Was very intense gameplay.............

JF