Armenia mod

Giampi

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded the mod and I'm testing out the co-op missions. I like the maps and the guns. The missions also look like they're going to be pretty cool. In looking through the missions I came across two things.

Does anyone else have these problems:

- SCAR H: makes bird sounds when it fires

- Mission A01 (co-op): There is a strange reverb echo in the environment

I don't mean to make this into a complaint. I know I can always play the missions without the SCAR H. I can always just not play the A01 mission as well. Maybe the two things I pointed out are easy to fix. I leave it to GiWeDa, I know how much work goes into making these mods. I'm happy to have new missions and new maps though.

silent_op

Same here. It's interesting that this only seems to happen (as far as I can tell) during play on the "rain" lakeside map. I've played the "day" lakeside firefight and it seems to be ok. But the 1st mission in the campaign and the "rain" lakeside firefight both suffer from the same problems.

Well I think I finally figured it out. Apparently none of the mod team uses the full auto ROF. :unsure:

Solutions:

1. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in Igor and change room properties of map room 10 to "generic"

2. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in notepad, scroll down to Roomlist, and delete the line "<Room Room = "10" EnvTag = "25"/>"

3. Use single shot ROF

Well I think I finally figured it out. Apparently none of the mod team uses the full auto ROF.  :unsure:

Solutions:

1. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in Igor and change room properties of map room 10 to "generic"

2. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in notepad, scroll down to Roomlist, and delete the line "<Room Room = "10" EnvTag = "25"/>"

3. Use single shot ROF

Just to point out that what Cobaka listed are 3 different solutions, you can choose one of them. I will defintely release a patch shortly but I would prefer to wait few more days to see if there are other comments.

BTW: I still don't have nay problem on my PC and can't understand what the problem is (was)

I just downloaded the mod and I'm testing out the co-op missions. I like the maps and the guns. The missions also look like they're going to be pretty cool. In looking through the missions I came across two things.

I don't mean to make this into a complaint. I know I can always play the missions without the SCAR H. I can always just not play the A01 mission as well. Maybe the two things I pointed out are easy to fix. I leave it to GiWeDa, I know how much work goes into making these mods. I'm happy to have new missions and new maps though.

silent_op

As I am the team's wep man, I reckon it falls into my domain.

SCAR-H bird sound; strangely, I had the same problem long time ago, when making my Croatian Army mod. To keep the mod's size down, I didn't include sound files into the mod for my FN FAL, but rather let the engine look for it in DS sound folder. I had the exact same effect (birds chirping sound) when firing the weapon.

What we did for Armenia was exactly the same; as SCAR-H is 7,62mm NATO cal, just as FN FAL, I used those sounds for SCAR. We didn't include the sounds but let the engine "pull" them from DS. I can't claim that the issue is related to that particular sound, but it seems it sure happens a lot around it.

The fix might be done with a patch that will rename the sounds and include them into the mod's sound folder.

I'll try to coordinate with GiWeDa and release all the fixes in one patch.

Edited by Streinger

I LOVE this mod!! The maps are fantastic and have a really nice balance between wooded and open areas. The buildings are great too (it's always a tense moment opening a new door, not being sure wahts on the other side!)

The missions are very challenging ( I couldn't complete them on elite and had to go to recruit! Even then it has taken me a great many attempts and far too many casualties to complete each mission. I must be getting a bit rusty!)

Thanks to everyone involved in this project. It really is a superb example of the highest quality modding.

The missions are very challenging ( I couldn't complete them on elite and had to go to recruit! Even then it has taken me a great many attempts and far too many casualties to complete each mission. I must be getting a bit rusty!)

Be aware that the difficulty levels are very different, not only the number of enemies can differ but expecially spotting distange, fog, timers..... :devil: