GR2 [PC] in Q1 2005

Ben

There will be no "relief" until I see the pc version and evaluate it.

<_<

Same here. :ph34r: It does look like RSE may have seen at little ray of light and decided not to totally screw it up for us Die Hard PC GR players. <_< I don't know if I can wait that long to find out. :wall:

i sorta get the feeling that there's people at RSE who've got our best interests at heart, and they're fighting to make the REAL gr2 in spite of the corporate shills who are [most probably] mandated to make the game more mainstream and arcade-like.

i'm hoping that there's a few people over there who realize that at its core, GR is a tactical shooter...

... and not this:

http://www.ghostrecon-2.com/teaser/wallpaper/640.jpg

:wall:

anyway why is it that ubi/uk says Q4 2004 but ubi/us says Q3 2004??

Why are either saying 2004 when it will apparantly be 2005 for the PC version, that's the question LOL.

Edit, wait that was your point wasn't it? Sorry, doing too many things at once here... I'll go now...

Edited by Rocky

There will be no "relief" until I see the pc version and evaluate it.

<_<

Same here. :ph34r: It does look like RSE may have seen at little ray of light and decided not to totally screw it up for us Die Hard PC GR players. <_< I don't know if I can wait that long to find out. :wall:

The red storm guys have never had any intention of screwing us over, just wait and see :thumbsup:

Eurpoean releases are 2 or more weeks after US releases (and that was the biggest reason Doom 3 pirates gave for stealing that game).

Could be the same thing here I guess (after all, it did happen with GR and the expansion packs IIRC).

Yeah, I never understood why distributers have different release-dates on continents.

People are much more leaniant to piracy if they see others having fun with the game while they still have to wait for 2 weeks.

If UBI wants to play it smart, they should release it everywhere at exactly the same time.

germany has alot of wierd rules when it comes to violent games for instance.

you can say that! but the weirdest i've seen so far: there is no german version of doom 3...the're selling the english...UNCUT.... :o and because its rated by "usk" as "fsk18" = "mature" , they cannot put it on the index....where doom 1 & 2 are AFAIK. :shifty:

BUT: worldwide starts can be managed if the company is clever enough (or willing to). like the movie-companies do with lot of blockbusters like "the day after tomorrow".

Official confirmation by Ubisoft: :thumbsup:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?...&threadid=51114

San Francisco, CALIFORNIA - August 31, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, today announced that it will release two different versions of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon™ 2 for Holiday 2004 - one for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and one for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The PC version is now scheduled to launch in early 2005 in order to once again deliver ground-breaking innovation to the PC audience; more exciting details will follow. One of the most successful game franchises to date, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon titles have sold more than 4.5 million copies worldwide, and the first Ghost Recon remains one of the most successful Xbox Live™ games of all time.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 for PlayStation 2 will be a completely different game from the Xbox version, and the first title in the Tom Clancy franchise built exclusively from the ground up for PlayStation 2. Ubisoft's Shanghai studio (creators of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® for PlayStation 2) is developing the PlayStation 2 game, while its Red Storm Entertainment development studio continues to focus on the Xbox and PC versions. Ghost Recon 2 for PlayStation 2 occurs four years before - and acts as a prequel to - the Xbox version. The game will be built on the Unreal engine (as opposed to the proprietary Ghost Recon engine used by Red Storm Entertainment) and will also use Havok physics, a rarity in PlayStation 2 games. Ghost Recon 2 for PlayStation 2 will also feature completely unique special effects, cinematic sequences, supporting characters, and online modes.

"Ghost Recon enjoys some of the most dedicated fans in the industry, and we're showing them some love - and challenging ourselves - by developing two totally different games for Xbox and PlayStation 2 this year," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft's North American division. "Whatever the platform, Ghost Recon 2's single-player missions will immerse players in the war of tomorrow, and, like the [Ghost Recon]'s award-winning multiplayer levels, the online portion will be second to none. PlayStation 2 gamers have extra cause to celebrate, as Ghost Recon 2 will be the only big military shooter for PlayStation 2 this year."

About Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 for Next-Generation Consoles Both console versions of Ghost Recon 2 are set in North Korea - the PlayStation 2 version in the year 2007, and the Xbox version in the year 2011 - and will offer gamers an insider's view of the way large-scale conflicts will be fought in the near future. Ghost Recon 2 will continue the tradition of intensity and realism associated with Ubisoft's Tom Clancy brand, with an emotionally charged storyline, a completely redesigned graphics engine and the most intuitive gameplay to date, to fully immerse gamers into the chaos of a high tech war. The game will offer white-knuckle tension and explosive action as it puts players in command of an elite squad of U.S. Special Forces. In addition, the top-notch multiplayer action that gamers expect from Ubisoft will once again place Ghost Recon 2 at the top of online console and PC gaming and will make Ghost Recon 2 a must-have for all online gaming fans.

I'd feel better if there were three different versions. If they're only two, will we get XBox or PS2's? I want neither for the PC.

According to the link provided by Ben at the beginning of this thread, we know that the PC version will be somewhat different than the Xbox version.

The PC version will be based on the Xbox version but will have exclusive content and improved graphics. :thumbsup:

What I don't understand is this....why are people coming to conclusions to the XBOX version before they have ever played it or been 10 feet away from someone playing it? At first I was skeptical that porting the Xbox version to PC would work but after what I've heard I know RSE isn't going to forget us. Just think of it this way what they put in the Xbox version is limitied to that platforms capabilities. After that version is finished do you really think RSE will be idle for 2-3 months? Heck no, that gives them plenty of time to work to make GR2 very similar to what we've wanted as a sequel. A few months from now I may be very disappointed, I don't know...but give Red Storm a chance. All the complainng and getting upset about the lack of news will do nothing as long as UBI is calling the shots. So sit back, wait and trust Red storm.

:thumbsup: Well said NYR32...

This community has been sooo negative with only small tidbits of info to go on. I think GR2 will be an amazing game for GR fans, and the modding community will fill in the blanks with the weapons/skins/maps/missions that you feel you need...

:santa: C'mon 2005....

But I've got to say, I'm still upset about the lack of command map and the ability to switch between characters, etc.

I'm also upset about losing those 2 parts of the game but recent news is a lot better than before. I was :wall::angry: and a lot of other things when news broke about GR2. Maybe RSE will see fit to include some of the items we all think are history.