Graw 2 is slowly dieing

Communication is a vital part of any tactical shooter; if a game has its own in-house VOIP it will certainly enhance the tactical part of the game for non clan members.

I guess from time to time you might get people on VOIP that there only goal is to disrupt, in that case, there should be a mute button to silence them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guys are all burnt out on this for the most part. Our high water mark was round 15 or so active members, though never all on at the same time. And I speak for all the other 'Anchors' out there who got on TS, and in game nearly every night to show everybody else that, yes, someone WAS playing the game tonight. It began to feel like a job.

I recognize that feeling, i felt it in planetside and Battlefield 2. When the 'job thang' starts, it's not long before you find something that .... ahh, you know, ya'll know, I wanted tactics, Squads, VOIP with players to lure them over to our TS after working with them random, like in bf2. A month out, end of August, seemed to be the high water mark, that's a MONTH into the game, and the pinnacle seemed to be reached. NEVERMIND if the game was good or not, patched or bugged, a month, maybe a little more and that's our GRAW2 adventure unless something seriously interesting happens in the near future to convince the gaming masses to pick it up.

I have no answer for that. For GR to fight against Project reality (which is free), and HL insurgency (also free) when this is 50 bucks was a hard deal to swallow from the start.

If there's a GR3, then my friends I will let the community bird-dog it for me for a few months before jumping in again. I threw my hat into the 2 ring to show people i believed in the game, the company, and the idea of this. Strange thing is i still do, im so freaking out of touch with the gaming public it's sad.

kp

GRIN deserves another chance needs to spend more than 9 months working on each title.

Fixed

And CoD 4 is fun, but I don't see it being REMOTELY close to the realism or sense of small team tactics that drew me into R6 and Ghost Recon. I expect the same ol' crap in CoD 4 that we saw in CoD 2 (lots of jumping, throwing tons of nades, nothing but shotguns on smaller maps, etc etc). I really don't see the sniper rifles being popular with CoD 4 online. The game is too fast paced for it.

COD4? = COD2 with a new look. just hold the trigger and spray everything. Just another run of the mill FPS.

GRAW2? dead. flat line. I play it now like one would solitaire, to pass the time. another hero based, run of the mill FPS.

GRAW3? let's see what Red Storm Entertainment can bring to the table. :hmm:

Edited by Papa6

Well I for One wouldn't mind seeing GRAW3 on the PC, But agreed that it's time to drop the Captain Mitchell Hero Story and give us back a true Squad Tactical game. I hope that GRiN does get another chance at it, It's just a shame they Can't take UBI's money and lock their doors till it's finished.

As for Redstorm taking over, I didn't think any of the original Team were left from the Ghost Recon Days, so I don't see how that would improve anything.

At the end of the Day, You get what UBI want you to get, regardless of who programs it!!

I am not sure I understand this VOIP thing!?

Most every clan has TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, of the top servers in game only 1 or 2 do not have a Voip.

All one has to do is ask for the password or just enter.

Most clans do that' s right, but not everyone that plays is in a clan or has vent or ts. Or given the fact you can't talk to anyone while playing unless they're in your TS or Vent. Therefore voip should be ingame just like CSS, or BF2 and many other games.

Say you're in a sever with 26 people. How you going to tell someone they're flanking right if half you team is not in vent or ts.

Stop and type... Unless it's match play no one is vent or ts unless it's you and your clan mates..

Are you really willing to stop and help someone that has no idea how to use TS or Vent. Trust me they are out there. It' s not as simple as you say all one has to do is ask for the password or just enter

Communication is a vital part of any tactical shooter; if a game has its own in-house VOIP it will certainly enhance the tactical part of the game for non clan members.

I guess from time to time you might get people on VOIP that there only goal is to disrupt, in that case, there should be a mute button to silence them.

Very true, we are not talking about us clan guys who have ts servers and vent servers, we are obviously here and know how to communicate. Its for the overall ambience of the game and for the anonymous pubbers out there. More immersion, more taeammwork = better game. BTW, if we had squads you can make squads for the people who want to work as a team and use the voip with them. Mute what you don't want to hear. It just adds more of a team feel and also grows the community. We can use every body we can get at this point.

I am not sure I understand this VOIP thing!?

Most every clan has TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, of the top servers in game only 1 or 2 do not have a Voip.

All one has to do is ask for the password or just enter.

Most clans do that' s right, but not everyone that plays is in a clan or has vent or ts. Or given the fact you can't talk to anyone while playing unless they're in your TS or Vent. Therefore voip should be ingame just like CSS, or BF2 and many other games.

Say you're in a sever with 26 people. How you going to tell someone they're flanking right if half you team is not in vent or ts.

Stop and type... Unless it's match play no one is vent or ts unless it's you and your clan mates..

Are you really willing to stop and help someone that has no idea how to use TS or Vent. Trust me they are out there. It' s not as simple as you say all one has to do is ask for the password or just enter

Very true, we are not talking about us clan guys who have ts servers and vent servers, we are obviously here and know how to communicate. Its for the overall ambience of the game and for the anonymous pubbers out there. More immersion, more taeammwork = better game. BTW, if we had squads you can make squads for the people who want to work as a team and use the voip with them. Mute what you don't want to hear. It just adds more of a team feel and also grows the community. We can use every body we can get at this point.

Pay attention to this GRIN if you want to make GRAW a successful game. VOIP and squad control IS ABSOLUTELY A NECESSITY.

As most of you all know, I'm an SP player... but honestly, after reading the last few posts about in-game VOIP, I have to admit that might be the "thing" that I find lacking when I've tried to play MP and come away feeling like, "So what?"

As an SP player I'd like to add my vote to this sub-thread... VOIP would seem to provide a higher level of realism, team tactics and such.

-John K.

A personal observation.....not like splitting the atom for the first time...most of this has been mentioned, but felt like I had to just rant a bit.

As I sit bored at work, I fired up GR1 original campaign. 8) Gotta love FPS'ing during work ;) Man....there is just something about it. The Briefing world maps, command maps, voice over explaination, team loadout.....execution of the missions...after action medals, commendations, health status....skill improvements, being able to name your soldiers whatever you want.

Now I know when I play GRAW/GRAW2 that, the graphics are better and more updated, to make GR1 almost look ancient, but you can get past the graphics in GR1 for the most part because the game itself is so damn good. The topic has been beaten to death, but I just wanted get it out, because I haven't played the GR1 campaign in quite some time.

Setting up your squads the way you want rocks too. Another thing to point out is when one of my team members gets clipped, or if the body I am playing though gets killed, I can still carry on the mission. I would think no mission that is really important is worth aborting because 1 guy is down (mitchell). I happen to be running a weapon mod that opens up a crap load of guns, but it is as simple as a 1/2 a second click to be able to do that. Again, making the whole experience that much better.

The graphics, and player movements are really nice in GRAW2, minus the lack of penalty for run & gunners aim, and no advantage to crouch or prone. Plus it has almost become a disadvantage to go prone in GRAW2, not having a proper range of motion or being able to point down or up beyond a certain angle.

That said...really look at GR1....and imagine that with GRAw2 graphics. I am talking an almost EXACT replica down to the GUI, maps, missions, the way mods are handled... etc. Now plug in the GRAW2 graphics. Can you say WINNER??

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

For me, CoD4, don't cut it. ET:QW does at least force you to make a plan and try to implement it. CoD4 is just a standard shoot em up with latest gfx, as far as the demo shows.

I played GRAW2 yesterday and it came down to a one on one around one of the shuffles at Timer map, much manoeuvrings and listening, really tense for some 15 seconds. That situation would never ever occur in CoD4, it would be over in 3 sec. without much tension or fun. Well for each his own.

EDIT: In response to pm rants form my loving clan members (who wants me to play CoD4 by the way) I want to clarify to you all readers, that my very humble experience of CoD4 was just SP; which says nothing about the MP part, ahem. And that my opinion about the game was solely in comparison with ET: QW (or more accurate my experience of the type of gameplay which figures in ET as well as in ET:QW) and not on any general basis at all. *No bots were injured during the writing of this edit.*

For me, CoD4, don't cut it. ET:QW does at least force you to make a plan and try to implement it. CoD4 is just a standard shoot em up with latest gfx, as far as the demo shows.

I played GRAW2 yesterday and it came down to a one on one around one of the shuffles at Timer map, much manoeuvrings and listening, really tense for some 15 seconds. That situation would never ever occur in CoD4, it would be over in 3 sec. without much tension or fun. Well for each his own.

The Multiplayer mode includes gamemodes such as; Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, Team-Objective, Search & Destroy and Team-Tactical.

If u can't find decent teamplay and tension in any of those gamemodes on any of the 100's of servers and gamemodes with the 1000's of players that will be playing it then you will never find it in any game at all. ^^

That said...really look at GR1....and imagine that with GRAw2 graphics. I am talking an almost EXACT replica down to the GUI, maps, missions, the way mods are handled... etc. Now plug in the GRAW2 graphics. Can you say WINNER??

Cell, my signature here on GR.net, for a long time, was simply a request for what I called "Ghost Recon Redux"... exactly as you said... use the new graphics and physics engines out of GRAW and put them into an updated [GR] environment. I don't want a new "game experience"... I want an updated [GR]. :)

Heck, make the [GR] code open source and let the community do it... I would think Ubi would rather do it themselves and charge us for it though. If Ubi would deliver a product like this, with new graphics, physics, in-game VOIP, updated maps, but keep the [GR] shell (the UI, game modes, direct IP gaming, EASIER MOD HANDLING IN-GAME, etc) I would pay a full $50 price tag for it. Stupid of me? Perhaps. But that is how dedicated I would be to support the effort. Now, back to reality... it's not like I'm holding my breath for it, right? I know better.

-John K.

Well..... IMO GRAW2 is fading, I love the game but the maps get boring after 300+ hours.....

Not that I think COD4 will put a dent in GRAW it is a total different game and it lacks a lot!

getting hit by 100 bullets before you die, no staying limp from being hit, no doors to open....

but on trhe other hand the map looked nice, and I will try the MP demo for sure, but that is not the issue here.

I'd like to see a christmas present from UBI, in the form of a map pack for GRAW2.

Grin if you reed this, could you see if it's possible to script doors in the engine for GRAW2? That would give a whole new meaning to CQC (Close Quarters Combat), I'd love to sneak in a door silently shut it behind me and surprise the first who enters..... after that a nade will follow I'm sure but that first one.....lol

Everyone should join the TWL HH ladder at least so the active players get concentrated and have good quality match games.....instead of the ever repeating whine about nades, sniper noobs etc. etc.

Edited by Forrester

The game is great.It just needs content.I bought MOH,the new one.It sucked.Single player gave me a few minutes of pleasure.Havent tryed the COD demo yet.Im sure I will buy it for the single player.BF2 is a kill fest.Its just no team work anywere.Graw is by far the best FPS out right now for pc.There just no maps being put out.The mod tools from what Ive heard suck.Give up some maps,alot,and this game would take off.In todays world,how hard is it to create mod tools,with a sand box mode.That would let a man drag and drop,Raise and lower terain.Entroduce objects they have created.I mean we cant even get a map down loader on the server side.No anticheat.That really sucks because you dont know what mods some of these servers are running that there members can take advantage of.Letting players tweek so many things puts all players,including NUBES at a disadvantage.This could be the best game of all time.It could outdo [GR].I know they are pushing everyone back into consouls.But some have spent more on there computers than on the car they drive.They are still out there.Us PC users.

Dont get me wrong,im just starting to know the spots for some of these maps and im learning more.Its turned into preshooting every bush out there.lol.witch sucks because then people say you cheat.I for one dont like to give away my posistion so quick.But the shrubbery on a few of these maps might be infringing on far play.I think thats why alot of people left.FARE PLAY.Make the tweeks available in the menus.MAPS.ANTI cheats.Put some money in this game an reep a huge reword.Stop listening to the marketing department.Grow some gonads.

Edited by The Blueberry

...it's time to drop the Captain Mitchell Hero Story and give us back a true Squad Tactical game.
If only!

I'm with you.

Dreaming.

____

What really sandbagged :AW, :AW2 is that damned corridor shooter Diesel engine; even the exceptional graphics and audio could not save them.

...I haven't played GRAW2 and reading this thread leaves me not wanting to get it.

But I do enjoy seeing Snow and Brettz model and hoping to play the old Castle Day map by Biro and crazy mission by RpHard.

:unsure:

I guess I'll wait till the prices trully drop so it won't sting so much

<_<