Squirrels Creek

Biro

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDeleyt will prolly give more info around this map when he get it into the engine...I have a slight feeling he's kind of eager right now...

....there goes my midnightsleep.... :wacko:

I always thought you was so pretty you didn't need that beauty sleep... 0:)

as far as the map scripting goes and gametypes - i can take care of that for any new maps - just knock out the maps - and the rest will be done - plenty of ppl can do the rest.

love thework u map makers do

Sounds good Lightspeed, would be great if you could sort out the gametypes for me when I'm getting closer to finishing the map. Nutlink is also interested in scripting a mission on it, so maybe it will come on release aswell. Time will tell!

As far as the map goes, the basic terrain is more or less finished now, just some tweaking left, but I still have to add the borders of the map to limit down the area in a natural way. Have a couple of good ideas there I think, opposed to GRIN and RSEs way with some big mountains all around the map.

I'm also impressed at how fast the engine actually renders many identical objects as trees... :whistle:

SARCASM?

tbh, im amazed at how fast you have put this together.

will you make anymore - here ill throw this out for ya - how bout Biros map pack (5 of them)

and Deleyt (another 5)

then we've got some serious GRAW2 gaming ahead.

hey no hurry ;)

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

@Zeko, tnx ye feels a bit like GR1 actually. Have tested with alot of trees and it renders them pretty damn fast, but I guess it's releated to that the memory actually have only of them in memory when I use that: "<xi:include href="/data/units/mass.xml#xpointer(/mass/mass_object_large/*)"/> "command.

@Lightspeed, well, I have used some hours on this already, but it's nothing close to what I used when I made the farm map, but back then I had to learn 3d max from the start aswell. The diesel engine in it's simplest form is actually pretty easy to make maps for, but it depends if you know a little from 3d max offcourse.

I'm prolly gonna make another map after this one and make it more advanced with more features and stuff, but I don't wanna promise anything. As I said before, time will tell.

Yea, I figured that out Wolfsong. Have some questions around the silhouette system, but I'll take those when I get there. Map is coming along quite nice to be honest. I have finally found an enviroment that really suits my taste and I think it's pretty much spot on for this kind of a map.

I'll let this screenshot do the talking now, stand by for more detailed ones sometime in the weekend!

minisqcreek03.jpg

Yea, I figured that out Wolfsong. Have some questions around the silhouette system, but I'll take those when I get there. Map is coming along quite nice to be honest. I have finally found an enviroment that really suits my taste and I think it's pretty much spot on for this kind of a map.

I'll let this screenshot do the talking now, stand by for more detailed ones sometime in the weekend!

minisqcreek03.jpg

Yummy this looks well cool.

Give us a shout if you need a dedi server to hoast or anything else :D

Nice job guys.

minisqcreek03.jpg

:drool:

Now that`s looking awesome.

Indeed! Environment does justice to the mood aswell. :thumbsup:

Looks great Biro, you crazy squirrel!...I mean...there's a crazy squirrel!.... :unsure:

Want a fir cone? Or a pine one maybe? :P

Tnx for all comments, it really push the progress forward when people are eager to test the new map! :thumbsup:

emm... when can we download it Biro? :blush:

Don't wanna promise anything, but my guess would be in 2-3 weeks. It depends a little bit on what I choose to do with the trees and how much variation I'm gonna put into them. Either I can modify the original ones so I have those with static shadow instead of the dynamic one, or I can create some totally new ones, but that's prolly gonna take alot more time. The terrain with backdrop is 95% done now so it's basically only the trees and other small details left I want to add into the map...but these kind of things usually take longer time then expected. Specially as I have a bad habit of figuring out new things all the time... :huh:

Don't wanna promise anything, but my guess would be in 2-3 weeks. It depends a little bit on what I choose to do with the trees and how much variation I'm gonna put into them. Either I can modify the original ones so I have those with static shadow instead of the dynamic one, or I can create some totally new ones, but that's prolly gonna take alot more time. The terrain with backdrop is 95% done now so it's basically only the trees and other small details left I want to add into the map...but these kind of things usually take longer time then expected. Specially as I have a bad habit of figuring out new things all the time... :huh:

Cool! take your time Biro :thumbsup: