It's Time to Abandon ship

Quick follow up. I just got out of a small server in Death Match and it was a blast. Even saw SillyHalfMexican there (though he didn't recognize me when I said "hi"). It was a ball. Even more fun when another FWF'er joined in another 8 man DM server. When TDM arrives I think the servers will be full. Again, I got my money's worth.

Edited by FWF.Osteo

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While DM is pretty fun with *no more* then 10 people.

It still is very arcadey.

It does bring you to your senses though, when you have 2 people running around you. And you can't tell which one is closer. Then bam, a guy spawns right in front of you, and you try dearly to kill him. Only having that 1 bullet kill you after you loaded him up.

Invulnerability FTL :( lol

Sorry I didn't recognize you FWF.Osteo, it's been a long day. :P

GG's earlier btw.

Quick follow up. I just got out of a small server in Death Match and it was a blast. Even saw SillyHalfMexican there (though he didn't recognize me when I said "hi"). It was a ball. Even more fun when another FWF'er joined in another 8 man DM server. When TDM arrives I think the servers will be full. Again, I got my money's worth.

I agree small Dm servers can be a blast but I like Bug Maps that aren't cramped.

A month and a half isn't enough time yet to abandon ship.

think of it this way the ship Of GRAW is hit by an Ubi Torpedo and is flaming and is in danger of sinking but the sailors as a duty and love for the ship or franchise will stay aboard and see if they can stop the sinking or get a Patched rescue boat. There are some inventive modders on the job to stop the sinking. the Grinning captain of the ship is doing his best and will stay on board long after everyone else has jumped ship. This ship might sink but god darnit the sailors will have hope and will stick through it because the torpedo has JUST hit. think of it as 6 weeks equivalent to six minutes. But there are a few sailors like Ubersoldiersailor who aren't tough enough and want to dicth the ship. These type of sailors are not blamed for there opinnoins that the USS GRAW might as well just sink but the others look down upon it. A small gruop of hopeful sailors called the Gr Community is the most hopeful and also will stay aboard due to faith in the captain and how the GRAW's Predessecor USS [GR] have provd to be great. With all probability the ship can be fixed and the patched rescue boat can save those who junped over. And they all lived happily ever after. NOW GOODNIGHT ya whining baby.

I read the post history of the person using the name “UberSoldier.†The totality of the circumstances here indicate this person has consistently complained about the game and the developer since he ‘joined.’ He's free to do that, but one would hope that people would come here with an open mind, and not come here with their minds already mind made up. If I were more of a cynic I’d say this person was on a mission to discredit GRAW as well as GRIN. I’m not saying that. Members can go back and read his posts and decide for themselves.

His own words may indicate more of a grudge than an expression of opinion. So many posts told the story, but here are two for brevity: On May 14, 2006, six days after joining (may 8, 2006) as “UberSoldier†this poster wrote: “…And why should I believe a company that said they were going to start working on the next GR title for the PC soon after they canceled GR2 and that was a few years ago.â€

Yesterday, he posted, “this game has sold 500,00[sIC]0 units or more and less than 10% is playing it online. His research of those numbers may say more about him than he said. As Aside from that particular bit of data, he's wrong. Colin’s recent post showed, GRAW was in the top 10 for sales in the month of May, and STILL outsold Age of Empires as of June 1, and it’s the ONLY FPS on the list, period. Compare to GR1 which was 14 on the list it’s first month of release.

There is nothing wrong with someone voicing an opinion, negative or positive, but to continually hammer away as if on a mission is - something else. Think about it - saying "the sequal that was doomed from the beginning" has an 'I told you so" feel abou it...doesnt it?

UberSoldier, if you dislike the game that much, why stay in the forum devoted to it?

Edited by Tortfeaser

OK men we have lost this ship and this battle. This game had the potential and the community's input were did it go wrong, I don't know but is mainly the publisher's fault by giving the job to a team of guys with very little experience. I know Grin did their best, but their best wasn't good enough. I said it before no patches were going to fix this game. I know some of you will get upset but what else is there tell me. TDM is not going to save this game. It will be the same 200 players until they realize that it's a failure.

The only way we could get a true sequel is if the original dev team for GR makes another version.

You say 200 players well in 2 days of having stats running ive had over 275 unique connects to my servers i think the gaem will come around but who knows when.

http://www.ghostsquad.us/modules/Graw-Ladder/index.php

Those are my stats if you would like to clarify i just got those working saterday around 12..

Edited by d0youlikecheese

I read the post history of the person using the name “UberSoldier.†The totality of the circumstances here indicate this person has consistently complained about the game and the developer since he ‘joined.’ He's free to do that, but one would hope that people would come here with an open mind, and not come here with their minds already mind made up. If I were more of a cynic I’d say this person was on a mission to discredit GRAW as well as GRIN. I’m not saying that. Members can go back and read his posts and decide for themselves.

His own words may indicate more of a grudge than an expression of opinion. So many posts told the story, but here are two for brevity: On May 14, 2006, six days after joining (may 8, 2006) as “UberSoldier†this poster wrote: “…And why should I believe a company that said they were going to start working on the next GR title for the PC soon after they canceled GR2 and that was a few years ago.â€

Yesterday, he posted, “this game has sold 500,00[sIC]0 units or more and less than 10% is playing it online. His research of those numbers may say more about him than he said. As Aside from that particular bit of data, he's wrong. Colin’s recent post showed, GRAW was in the top 10 for sales in the month of May, and STILL outsold Age of Empires as of June 1, and it’s the ONLY FPS on the list, period. Compare to GR1 which was 14 on the list it’s first month of release.

There is nothing wrong with someone voicing an opinion, negative or positive, but to continually hammer away as if on a mission is - something else. UberSoldier, if you dislike the game that much, why stay in the forum devoted to it?

and I think he was making a good point about how many copies sold vs how many online players. Theres a reason for that....

There is nothing wrong with someone voicing an opinion, negative or positive, but to continually hammer away as if on a mission is - something else. UberSoldier, if you dislike the game that much, why stay in the forum devoted to it?

and I think he was making a good point about how many copies sold vs how many online players. Theres a reason for that....

I've got a lot of respect for your analysis Ammo, it ain't like you just joined yesterday.

Edited by Tortfeaser

I read the post history of the person using the name ⦣8364;œUberSoldier.⦣8364;? The totality of the circumstances here indicate this person has consistently complained about the game and the developer since he ⦣8364;˜joined.⦣8364;™ He's free to do that, but one would hope that people would come here with an open mind, and not come here with their minds already mind made up. If I were more of a cynic I⦣8364;™d say this person was on a mission to discredit GRAW as well as GRIN. I⦣8364;™m not saying that. Members can go back and read his posts and decide for themselves.

His own words may indicate more of a grudge than an expression of opinion. So many posts told the story, but here are two for brevity: On May 14, 2006, six days after joining (may 8, 2006) as ⦣8364;œUberSoldier⦣8364;? this poster wrote: ⦣8364;œ⦣8364;?And why should I believe a company that said they were going to start working on the next GR title for the PC soon after they canceled GR2 and that was a few years ago.⦣8364;?

Yesterday, he posted, ⦣8364;œthis game has sold 500,00[sIC]0 units or more and less than 10% is playing it online. His research of those numbers may say more about him than he said. As Aside from that particular bit of data, he's wrong. Colin⦣8364;™s recent post showed, GRAW was in the top 10 for sales in the month of May, and STILL outsold Age of Empires as of June 1, and it⦣8364;™s the ONLY FPS on the list, period. Compare to GR1 which was 14 on the list it⦣8364;™s first month of release.

I've got a lot of respect for your analysis Ammo, it ain't like you just joined yesterday.

Yeah, you know alot about me.

and what does that have to do with what I said, I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

I read the post history of the person using the name ⦣8364;œUberSoldier.⦣8364;? The totality of the circumstances here indicate this person has consistently complained about the game and the developer since he ⦣8364;˜joined.⦣8364;™ He's free to do that, but one would hope that people would come here with an open mind, and not come here with their minds already mind made up. If I were more of a cynic I⦣8364;™d say this person was on a mission to discredit GRAW as well as GRIN. I⦣8364;™m not saying that. Members can go back and read his posts and decide for themselves.

His own words may indicate more of a grudge than an expression of opinion. So many posts told the story, but here are two for brevity: On May 14, 2006, six days after joining (may 8, 2006) as ⦣8364;œUberSoldier⦣8364;? this poster wrote: ⦣8364;œ⦣8364;?And why should I believe a company that said they were going to start working on the next GR title for the PC soon after they canceled GR2 and that was a few years ago.⦣8364;?

Yesterday, he posted, ⦣8364;œthis game has sold 500,00[sIC]0 units or more and less than 10% is playing it online. His research of those numbers may say more about him than he said. As Aside from that particular bit of data, he's wrong. Colin⦣8364;™s recent post showed, GRAW was in the top 10 for sales in the month of May, and STILL outsold Age of Empires as of June 1, and it⦣8364;™s the ONLY FPS on the list, period. Compare to GR1 which was 14 on the list it⦣8364;™s first month of release.

and what does that have to do with what I said, I think the numbers speak for themselves.

not a lot, just that you joined....yesterday......that sir, speaks for itself.

yep This name joined yesterday.

But Ive been playing GR from the beginning.

that's what I figured.

that's what I figured.

So whats the point?

Can you people stop quoting the post RIGHT ABOVE IT ??? For crying out loud, I really do believe that the average person on the forum is smart enough to know when you are responding to the post right above it...

###### me off damn it, I mean look for christs sake... 6 really short posts taking a huge amount of space... knock it off damn it

First off quit quoting the whole damn thing. Second off, why is it so important when someone joined? i didnt join until just before the game came out. Does that mena my opinion doenst matter?? So i wasn't a GR fan before graw, so what. I was hardcore RS and RVS nad was hoping for a solid game in Letdown and after that was hoping for GRAW to save the day. It didnt adn i siad that in these forums in probably all of my previous posts. But hey I moved and lost my high speed a couple days after it came out. But hey, ive heard good things about the mp upgrades and when i get high speed back in a couple weeks, i can judge for myself. It may jsut turn into a solid mp game yetand if your willing to stick it out and play, that s great, though the damage has already been done adn no t thatmany people are going to come back to it. Heres to hoping that R6 Vegas isn't another mistake by Ubi. (im not holding my breath)

Ubersoldier, what you must realise is that this is not GR1 this is GRAW.it was never ever meant to be just like gr1.if it was just like gr1, why not just play gr1?

What I thin is that most of us know this wasnt going to be GR!, but what we do realise is that most of what made GR1 such a great game and widely match and played for 5 years is that we had a tons of options and guns.

I mean come on the lack of maps and guns and MP mode and coop modes is what made GR1 so fun to play.I dont mind playn in city streets so much but there so much missing still.I dont dont care about GR1 anymore played the crap out of it time to move,but GRAW is missing what every MP game has.

1.Deicated server files for us, not gamespy only crap(kick and ban ect..)

2.Deathcam and spec mode (most of us really hate that its still not in game!!)

3.Guns more then 6 main guns we dont care is they suck but just makes useing them more fun.

4.More coop modes more MP modes

5.More then 7 maps total is sad i mean in 1 hour you play same maps 10 times and for DM 20 times or more.

6.Kit rescictions for nade and nade launcher at least since we dont have many weapons anyways.

7. Better server bowser

8.Beable to download maps and modes from server

9.Gives us deathcam so servers will run no respawn games cuz no 1 like watch score board for 5-10 mins they just leave.

These options makes GR1 better any game for that fact.

Theres 30 players on our team cant play cuz so much is mising still to make game worth.playing

Get off the Ship? Bo told us see lovin 'swabies' he was gonna serve boiled rat and give us fruit skins as dessert!? And you want us to leave! :blink:

I was a bit worried in quarters, when it came over the loud speak for 'all hands on deck' for a game of Domination Mode! Can that be worse then becoming a Shell Back?

Edited by semperfi_bohica

My god, are you a child, Uber? You're acting like an 8-year old on the playground, trying to get everybody to do just what you want. Does it make you feel good to be able to sit here and take shots at the GRIN team? Really, I'm asking you, does it?

Frankly, we don't give a damn if you like it or not. Seriously, we're more interested in you playing "dodge the car" on I-95 than if you like GRAW or not.

I love the game, personally. It takes true skill to become a good player. This is not CS where you just run around and shoot, this game takes teamwork. I've been a GR fan since day one. I don't care if you have, but I do care that you think that we honestly care about how you feel. You probably didn't even pay the $50 either, mommy most likely did. So quit whining, go find another game.