GRIN,.. Help Us With Our GOAL!

GRIN,

Everyone here wants to rescue your current version of GRAW PC so that it can be an honest successor to GR1. In order to do this, we, the current and future purchasers of GRAW PC, need your help.

THE GOAL:

GRIN, please help us to recreate as much of GR1's original gaming format while using the current GRAW game platform.

To do this we need two very basic things from you:

1. We need to know exactly what changes you are attempting to do with this current version of GRAW to accomplish "THE GOAL".

A. We need to know exactly what you are trying to do to allow the game owner players to set up their own internet, stand-alone game servers. If you are NOT doing... tell us WHY you are not doing this.

B. We need to know what major changes you are trying to make with the current GRAW platform, so that it will closely mirror the gaming formats of the original GR1. ( If you do not know what these formats consist of,.. please PM me and I will freely provide you with this info.)

i. Are you giving to us the ability to use all of many different TEAM and COOP game types that are available with GR1. ( GRIN, if you do not have this info, please PM me, and I will give it to you.)

ii. Are you going to make 9 man squads for each Team, and for Coop. GRIN, this is CRITICAL info to everyone here!.... If you need to dumb down the game in order to use ( 2) four man sticks, and thus have 8 man squad Teams, that's OK!! ( that way u can continue to use the very lengthy game graphics to start each game/ mission, but we will be inserting 2 sticks ( each of 4 men). and not one. OK?)

iii. Are you eliminating the "Mission Ends When Leader Dies", gaming scenario??? If not,... why not???

2. We need you to assign two GRIN dev techs to help the GR1 Mod Community with trying to accomplish what you are not doing.

A. One GRIN dev tech to help our Modders make the necessary architectural changes on the GRAW platform within a Free Mod, that will give us all as much of GR1's game original format and functionality, as is possible.

B. The other Grin dev tech would assist Modders with the necessary mod tools and info on to construct new maps and missions for GRAW.

If you allow us to know how exactly you are trying to improve the game,... we can then see what more will be required from ourselves ( the GR Community) to make this game work in the manner we all expect from the successor of the GHOST RECON name.. And we can also assist each other in reaching this GOAL!!

I don't believe that it was a demand, but more of possibly someone we can directly contact if we have questions that we are unable to resolve ourselves.

He did make some good points though, and I understand where he is coming from.

we will provide you with tutorials on how to get started, the rest is really up to you guys, we dont have the manpower or the resources to assist you in the ways that you demand.

Ok fine the community appreciates that. But if your team would have done 40% of what the community asked this major blunder would have been avoided. This game will go down in GR history as the worst attempt to make a GR sequel. Eventually people will realise is true.

but more of possibly someone we can directly contact if we have questions that we are unable to resolve ourselves.

why do you think we are here??

we will provide you with tutorials on how to get started, the rest is really up to you guys, we dont have the manpower or the resources to assist you in the ways that you demand.

Ok fine the community appreciates that. But if your team would have done 40% of what the community asked this major blunder would have been avoided. This game will go down in GR history as the worst attempt to make a GR sequel. Eventually people will realise is true.

I was under the the apperantly faulty impression that gr2 pc was the worst attempt at making a gr sequel. shows how much I know. :rofl:

GRIN,...

Please just answer these good questions. OK? Then we will have a place to work from. Please lets keep the answers and questions directly on the list below,... and NO editorials or broad comments from anyone!!! Keep everything on the answers for these questions.. OK?

1. We need to know exactly what changes you are attempting to do with this current version of GRAW to accomplish "THE GOAL".

A. We need to know exactly what you are trying to do to allow the game owner players to set up their own internet, stand-alone game servers. If you are NOT doing... tell us WHY you are not doing this.

B. We need to know what major changes you are trying to make with the current GRAW platform, so that it will closely mirror the gaming formats of the original GR1. ( If you do not know what these formats consist of,.. please PM me and I will freely provide you with this info.)

i. Are you giving to us the ability to use all of many different TEAM and COOP game types that are available with GR1. ( GRIN, if you do not have this info, please PM me, and I will give it to you.)

ii. Are you going to make 9 man squads for each Team, and for Coop. GRIN, this is CRITICAL info to everyone here!.... If you need to dumb down the game in order to use( 2) four man sticks, and thus have 8 man squad Teams, that's OK!! ( that way u can continue to use the very lengthy game graphics to start each game/ mission, but we will be inserting 2 sticks ( each of 4 men). and not one. OK?)

iii. Are you eliminating the "Mission Ends When Leader Dies", gaming scenario??? If not,... why not???

GRIN is doing a fantastic job, guys... Regardless of some small flaws that we've seen. GRIN supports the modding community 1000x better than NovaLogic, who barely supports modding of their games, but not even openly approving or denying it.

I love what I'm seeing here... The game manufacturers actually getting involved in the community. Compared to NovaLogic, this is a well blessed thing that GRIN is doing for all of us, whether you want to believe it or not.

I definitely agree if GRIN were to let us know some of the stuff they are working on, the top modders from here would be able to help them produce the next patch.

We need to be careful though... Demanding something from someone is like biting the hand that feeds you.

How about we let GRIN know what we are working on too so that we all develop this game into something that we all have hoped for... For me, this is the game that I hoped for... This game has it all for me. It's what my squad and I have been searching for for almost 2 years. BF2 didn't do it, Joint Operations somewhat did it... But, GR:AW has it all.

So, lets don't bite the hands that feed us... Let's help GRIN more than they help us.

Anyway... Just this girls 2 cents worth.

PLEASE NO EDITORIALS!!!

There are many many other topics and threads here at GR.net available to sing praises or curses to GRIN or UBI or to whatever. OK?

Just answers to these questions please!

we cant answer your questions, because of legal issues.What ubi intends to do with our game in the future we cannot say.sorry.

but we will be here to support you if you need help.

Maybe this game format info could be disseminated down to us thru outside credible sources?

There are no national security secrets involved, or any possible copywrite infringements... The GOAL is just to create normal 'free to all' PC game modifications. We just want to know where we need to begin making such necessary game format adjustments in order to get to our GOAL...

And I know that no one at GRIN can actually answer this. But those of you at GRIN can assist us indirectly in making the GOAL happen for us all. Yes?

So the answers to these questions will remain. I hope we can get some creditable answers for them,.. not matter how the answers may arrive.

Maybe this game format info could be disseminated down to us thru outside credible sources?

There are no national security secrets involved, or any possible copywrite infringements... The GOAL is just to create normal 'free to all' PC game modifications. We just want to know where we need to begin making such necessary game format adjustments in order to get to our GOAL...

And I know that no one at GRIN can actually answer this. But those of you at GRIN can assist us indirectly in making the GOAL happen for us all. Yes?

So the answers to these questions will remain. I hope we can get some creditable answers for them,.. not matter how the answers may arrive.

I can understand this post and main post.

However it is bordering on Harrasment and this will not be tolerated on this forum.

So enough is enough.

The Dev come here to read and reply when they feel it is appropriate.

Not to Bow to Demands and thats what this post is.

I don't think the OP meant his post to come across as harrassment, although that was the over riding tone :rolleyes:

GRIN have posted that they can't answer those direct questions, so there is no point banging on about it.

Any chance of getting a UBI rep over here then to answer the hard talk? lol

You could entice him with a fresh bag of nice stinking BS, just tell em it's freshly printed cash.

lol sounds about right.

Seriouly though, doubt they would do anything like that. If they will invoke legal talk to Grin about what they can and cant say about the game, its pretty sure they would never say anything themselves.

One thing that people need to realize about most games is that any modding tools and support usually comes with the "no official support" rule form the publisher/developer. Only in a few rare occasions, such as Valve or Epic, do you really get the hand holding you are after.

I am a fair person and will call you to the mat if I feel you are wrong or misguided, as I have done in other threads. But the opposite is true as well...... I think that GRIN has done a good job of trying to get the modders stuff as they can. I remember back in the day a certain, and very professional, petition deliverd to my desk requesting the modding tools for Rainbow Six. We eventually came around and released them. [GR] had them on the disk, but support was only us devs giving out help on our own time.

I was, and still am a heavy proponent of supporting modding, but a company cannot dedicate resources to it. Sorry, but it isn't good business. Sure, it's good business to write tutorials and give out tools and help out when you can, but not to to the extent the OP wants.

Give these guys a break, even with the games short comings(IMHO) they are doing a good job with the modders so far.

-John

One thing that people need to realize about most games is that any modding tools and support usually comes with the "no official support" rule form the publisher/developer. Only in a few rare occasions, such as Valve or Epic, do you really get the hand holding you are after.

I am a fair person and will call you to the mat if I feel you are wrong or misguided, as I have done in other threads. But the opposite is true as well...... I think that GRIN has done a good job of trying to get the modders stuff as they can. I remember back in the day a certain, and very professional, petition deliverd to my desk requesting the modding tools for Rainbow Six. We eventually came around and released them. [GR] had them on the disk, but support was only us devs giving out help on our own time.

I was, and still am a heavy proponent of supporting modding, but a company cannot dedicate resources to it. Sorry, but it isn't good business. Sure, it's good business to write tutorials and give out tools and help out when you can, but not to to the extent the OP wants.

Give these guys a break, even with the games short comings(IMHO) they are doing a good job with the modders so far.

-John

Yes I think they are doing a good job with the modders as well.

But the problems with the game really arent about mod support.

get your tools ready... im sure once they release them you wont be able to stop messing with the game files...

Most I can ask for is in a future patch with the complete mod tools make sure in game options we have a similare activate deactivate mod option like [GR]

holding hands not required... just a couple of good tutorials will be enough i think.

Edited by Prozac360

I remember back in the day a certain, and very professional, petition deliverd to my desk requesting the modding tools for Rainbow Six. We eventually came around and released them.

yup I remember you gave a good support on the forum too giving us a few hints even before the release (the "will we be able to do this" kind of questions) :thumbsup:

..unfortunately tools came out too late when all the interest was already switching to a new game ([GR] if I recall it well.. :P )

about Grin's support to modders I'm 100% satisfied (more support from them means they physically do mods on my pc) :grin1:

As jsonedecker said there will probably not be any official mod support. You can't mail us and ask a question and demand that it will be answered.

On the other hand many of us here at Grin are interested in helping you mod the game as you might have noticed, and we do that by helping you out in the modding forums on our own time. Also we are writing tutorials to get the less expereinced started, they'll be out as soon as they get ready.

So just hang in there and "THE GOAL" could come true ;)