elimination notification

Will we be getting notifications of kills, or when we get killed, like in Gr1 pc.

I'm pretty sure you'll know when you get killed. :P (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

lol i suppose that was a pretty dumb question , but you know how it says who you eliminated, or who eliminates you in the game in GR1, I was just wondering if it would be the same in Graw?

:rofl:

Death notification is one of these things I don't need in the game.

There should be a server option to turn it off in MP. In RL you don't know

if the enemy is dead or just hiding if you think he is down. Ok, except

the hits nobody can survive.

But this isn't 'real life'...thus the 'game' part. I know what you are saying, but come on...no matter how hardcore we get when playing it, we are still PLAYING A GAME! :rofl:

I'm all for 'realistic' gaming, this is why I play tactical shooters. But I'm not looking for a tactical 'simulator'. I want to have fun playing a game.

I don't think I have ever played a shooter that didn't tell you who you killed or visa versa.

Edited by Druac_Blaise

:rofl:
Death notification is one of these things I don't need in the game.

There should be a server option to turn it off in MP. In RL you don't know

if the enemy is dead or just hiding if you think he is down. Ok, except

the hits nobody can survive.

But this isn't 'real life'...thus the 'game' part. I know what you are saying, but come on...no matter how hardcore we get when playing it, we are still PLAYING A GAME! :rofl:

I'm all for 'realistic' gaming, this is why I play tactical shooters. But I'm not looking for a tactical 'simulator'. I want to have fun playing a game.

I don't think I have ever played a shooter that didn't tell you who you killed or visa versa.

I said option :o=

we play every day without that option on AA and people still joining our server. We also removed ammo count (only mag count) by option and people stillplay on our server.

It's about gameplay ... If you don't know you hit him down, then you move on slower more careful.

IIt's about gameplay ... If you don't know you hit him down, then you move on slower more careful.

Agreed. I hope there is the option to turn death notifications off. If not, it's not a huge problem but it would be nice to have the option.... anything which prevents the run and gun approach is a good thing, for me.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has severs without death notification. I must admit from my experience that this options makes game more realistic and makes it more teamplay oriented. Only problem i noticed is that lack of death notification makes game a bit less social, i mean that if You dont know who killed You no are not able to say " nice shot xxx ! " , If someone kills you several times you cant say him " Turn IT of Mate !! ;-) " etc... It is difficult to find new friends on servers without this option.

I personally don't mind the death notifications. In RL if you hit an enemy hard enough to make him fall down he's down for good. Also in RL, if a teammate takes a teammate down he will report it over the radio. This way you don't have to. As to the names, I like to know who I just pwned, it does not necessarily give me a strategic advantage, but it's still nice to know. At the same time, I could go without them. I just hope there's a quick way to say "Enemy Down!" like in AA.

Edited by Cookie

That's the one annoying thing about AA, the blood effects are client-side not server-side. If you're computer thinks you hit him and shows pink mist, that doesn't mean the server thinks you hit him, which means that doesn't mean you hit him.

We could do a median on this... What if ... only the person who shot him got the notification? Truthfully in real life, you shoot someone, you know you killed him (not his name, but you should know he is dead)

This gives a more realistic approach + makes you have to tell your comrades you killed the guy, and allows for the more social interaction. Also if the map is real time then it may show that a tango was killed there.

I think if would be excellent to have that option in mp, i.e., to turn kill notification OFF :thumbsup:

Lets say in team vs team LMS, I definitely think it would stimulate to better squad communication in order to win the match. Also, dead bodies would then NOT show up on map like in GR (and naturally, show dead bodies would have to be ON) ...It would add some more realism and excitement to the game in my opinion.

Detailed "stats" of who shot who could be showed after the game.

Of course, in fun games, kill notification can be left on, as we all now…it's fun to see in real time who nails who...

I sincerely hope GRIN has incorporated the aforementioned option (kill notification OFF) or makes a patch for it.... :)

PS I think the "dead bodies view" should be optional as well...if you die you'd then get a "black" screen or the helmet camera view? until game is over or you can observe a team mate still alive...)

I've played a few games where it doesnt let you know who you killed or who killed you and it's actually quite exilherating. The onyl way you can tell if they are downed is if you see a considerable amount of the blood or the body actually falls right there in front of you.

If they are peaking and you clip their shoulder and they hide back, coming around that corner can be intense, and often a nice way to unload bullets into nothing cause you were itchy fingers.

I was and still am surprised that no one ever made any GR1 mods with the kill notification off. There are mods that don't have the Ghost verbal kill notification. There are also mods that don't show live or dead tangos on the command map, best example is Year of The Monkey. Long ago there was even a mod that didn't show the Ghosts or the tangos, Caribbean Missile Crisis (I think that was the name).

My point in all this, is that the option to turn things off may be in the modding/scripting tool for GR:AW. I think GR:AW should have the kill notifications optional for single player, co-op, and adverserial modes. Make it optional just as the diamonds are.

In my opinion it is more challenging as a game to have to confirm the kills yourself. Just because you fragged a room doesn't mean its clear. Of course this line of thinking is for the more hardcore and not the casual gamer. As long as the option is there, then the casual and hardcore crowds will be happy.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

honestly i think there should be no death notifications.. this is a simulator yeh??

But then again.. wat cant the crosscom do??? lol but i doubt it...

wonder if the crosscom reminds them to eat?

the reality mod for BF2 has no notifications and its way better...

I think both are fun. It's fun to have them so you know who you killed and can rub it in :), but it's also fun not to have them cause the game then involves more risk. Did I kill him? or just wing him? hmm... better approach carefully. It also makes you pay closer attention to the movement of the enemy when you shoot them. death animations and ragdoll are pretty good these days so if you pay close enough attention you can tell when u got a kill without a notification of it.