Real time footage of GRAW

:drool: I want a PhysX card! Anyone have $200 dollars I can... umm... have for when it comes out? While we're at it, I could use some money for a video card, I doubt my fully unlocked 6800LE will handle this game on the highest settings. Alas, I will probably have to get a job...

Does this mean that having your card on the lower physics setting might give you an advantage because the smoke/objects clear faster? Example: You blow up a truck and to some guy with the card there is a big drive shaft flying by, but to you there is nothing so you shoot him and he accuses you of hacking...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe we've waited so long for any motion. Quite aside from the fact that ALREADY it looks fantastic (combat, weapon model, sound) without the the PPU, and miles better than the 360 version, then you have reason to believe THIS is why they have been keeping it under wraps.

When you add the PPU and see the revolutionary effects, you KNOW they have been keeping this under wraps for a good reason - it makes the 360 version look like its little brother. THIS is the definitive GRAW my friends. THIS is what you should be spending your money on. Who needs a 360 when you can have realistically modelled particle effects like that smoke and dust?

Wow... all that from a 3 second clip.

Are the tides of the forum turning yet again?

Hard to believe we've waited so long for any motion. Quite aside from the fact that ALREADY it looks fantastic (combat, weapon model, sound) without the the PPU, and miles better than the 360 version, then you have reason to believe THIS is why they have been keeping it under wraps.

When you add the PPU and see the revolutionary effects, you KNOW they have been keeping this under wraps for a good reason - it makes the 360 version look like its little brother. THIS is the definitive GRAW my friends. THIS is what you should be spending your money on. Who needs a 360 when you can have realistically modelled particle effects like that smoke and dust?

Oh that would not be good now would it :)

:drool: I want a PhysX card! Anyone have $200 dollars I can... umm... have for when it comes out? While we're at it, I could use some money for a video card, I doubt my fully unlocked 6800LE will handle this game on the highest settings. Alas, I will probably have to get a job...

Does this mean that having your card on the lower physics setting might give you an advantage because the smoke/objects clear faster? Example: You blow up a truck and to some guy with the card there is a big drive shaft flying by, but to you there is nothing so you shoot him and he accuses you of hacking...

dont want to burst ur bubble or anything but

How much does AGEIA PhysX cost?

PhysX accelerators are very affordable with an MSRP of $299

taken from the FAQ on AGEIA's site

very affordable :D? i dont think so :P

Edited by pangbang

That is an interesting question. Will the card also be effective in multiplayer mode? If so, doens't it give the non card user an advantage? Could you eloborate abit on it?

Cheers

:smart: *Singing* I had an interesting question! I had an interesting question! I had an--Okay, I'll stop.

Anyway, if I could get $200 for a card I'd find a way to get the other $100... geeze, don't you think it would be hard to get $299 dollars off the internet for nothing? :stupid::rofl:

Edited by Cookie

I remember this from GR1. People used to be jealous of my 8mb graphic card cos I could spot them faster without grass textures and kind of plain uniforms ;)

Edited by DarkG

No it wouldn't..... I always find it interesting how quickly some can form an opinion and how drastic those opinions are one way or the other. :D

Anyway, hope things are going well with you guys. :thumbsup:

-John

Bo,  that we now have you here live, are you willing to invite a crew of forum members to come and have a sneak peek at the game. So, we can do a preview of it for the forums. And see if it is what we expect it to be. And maybe can add some last notes if possible?

Cheers

No my decsion. But we are open to it. That ball is in motion though as Colin said.

No it wouldn't..... I always find it interesting how quickly some can form an opinion and how drastic those opinions are one way or the other. :D

Anyway, hope things are going well with you guys. :thumbsup:

-John

Hehe yeah I thought so. We're beat but happy. Thanks :)

Aha, brilliant! Don't take my frothing at the mouth too seriously. But this is the first footage we've seen and I think it looks great - it's important we give it a good reception, for the sake of the dev team and all those visiting the site who think that the game is either going to end up cancelled or a shadow of its 360 sister.

Bo,  that we now have you here live, are you willing to invite a crew of forum members to come and have a sneak peek at the game. So, we can do a preview of it for the forums. And see if it is what we expect it to be. And maybe can add some last notes if possible?

Cheers

No my decsion. But we are open to it. That ball is in motion though as Colin said.

Ah, okay, would be lovely if some different people of gr.net could come by and see it in action. A good mix of opinions will do wonders to satisfy us fans. Sofar, you are the first developer actually taking an interest in the fans, and actually participating. Not bad at all, Bo, for a CEO. Lol, only the good ones appreciate there customers. If GRIN had shares, you would have my trust, you're a devoted developer. Love it.

Cheers

Nice find, Deosl!

Bo, thanks for your comments.

It's hard to tell much from a short, low res clip, but one thing is for sure.  The explosion with the PhysX card is way better, but I guess that's what they were wanting us think.  :shifty:

They want to sell the card, it's an advertisement ... a nice one on the right hand side ... but I think the CPU high version looks better than what we see on the left :rocky:.

Let's see what nVidia an Havok showing tomorrow. This world is not just black and white or should I say (CPU and PPU physics).

Nice find, Deosl!

Bo, thanks for your comments.

It's hard to tell much from a short, low res clip, but one thing is for sure.  The explosion with the PhysX card is way better, but I guess that's what they were wanting us think.  :shifty:

They want to sell the card, it's an advertisement ... a nice one on the right hand side ... but I think the CPU high version looks better than what we see on the left :rocky:.

Let's see what nVidia an Havok showing tomorrow. This world is not just black and white or should I say (CPU and PPU physics).

and telling us, "we have new technology"? but hey, ofcourse they need sell it first! :santa:

While yes it does look fantasitic, It bring one issue to mind. THere is obviously a major diffrence there, and what effect it has on a players vision.

So the question is wont this create unbalnced gameplay in multiplayer?

Or is this physics a SP option only?

Yep, the AGEIA PhysX processor powered filmclip looks truly great, but I'm afraid in clan matches (team multiplayer) all these eyecandies will be turned off by most players to gain advantage (similar to good old GR..). Sad really...

It seems to me from the photage that the extra smoke, fog, shrapnel etc will limit your line of sight for a moment compared with having these eyecandies turned off...i.e., players with more "basic" settings will have an advantage? :blink:

Is there any comment on this issue from you Bo, thanks!

My guess is that it will be virtually impossible to make the "visual view" even for all different settings of graphics... Perhaps there should be ladders with "AGEIA-on" compulsory...hehe

--------------------------------

PS Heja Sverige, Heja GRIN!

Edited by Peace