Real time footage of GRAW

Give us a good ballistic model, great maps, decent visuals, no ranked servers, great server software-keep the hollywood and lets play. Co-op who cares, missions are available on the cosoles so go buy one. We have waited for 4 years for a new generation replacement-get er done.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo will GRAW's PPU phyics work with the upcoming Nvidia SLi Physics and have the same results? or will it only be compatible with AGEIAs

The Nvidia physics is not supported now as it is upcoming and GRAW is imminent :)

I personally think that is a mistake. Would it be possible then to add nvidia physics support in a later patch?

there is no nVidia physics, it's Havok FX showed on a sponsored event tomorrow at the GDC San Jose on nVidia hardware ... but they stated it will run on all SM 3.0 cards

I think there will be no patch for GRAW, maybe in the next GRAW version. It's not just an easy addon, it takes time to integrate this in a game depending on how different the API for PhysX and Havok FX is and if a generalized modelling and programming layer is possible. And a licence for Havok FX is needed too. Who wants to pay that after release of the game?

wrong, nvidia sli physics is hardware based physics and is upcoming and it is used between 2 sli enabled cards to get the most out of it. Single cards will also get some sort of benefit. havok is software written physics engine, and i highly doubt we will see it in graw in a upcoming patch.

link

im also sure there will be a patch before a addon, as there is alot of complicated coding it seems in this game, so its more then likely we will see a patch to fix some bugs.

Edited by pangbang

wrong, nvidia sli physics is hardware based physics and is upcoming and it is used between 2 sli enabled cards to get the most out of it. Single cards will also get some sort of benefit. havok is software written physics engine, and i highly doubt we will see it in graw in a upcoming patch.

link

im also sure there will be a patch before a addon, as there is alot of complicated coding it seems in this game, so its more then likely we will see a patch to fix some bugs.

don't believe in intel from 3rd party sites ;)

here is the info from the nVidia developer site:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/gdc-2006-sessions.html

it's Havok FX :shifty:

Physics Simulation on NVIDIA GPUs

[5:30pm — 6:30pm, Room A8]

Simon Green, Mark Harris

Havok FX leverages state of the art software and hardware technology from NVIDIA to extend the capabilities of NVIDIA GPUs and SLI multi-GPU systems to include physics processing for massive real-time effects. In this presentation NVIDIA and Havok engineers will describe how Havok FX utilizes NVIDIA technology to simulate and render thousands of particles and rigid bodies in games. Live real-time demos will demonstrate the high performance available with current GPUs and provide a look into the future of physics processing on NVIDIA GPUs.

if you read further on the Havok site:

http://www.havok.com/content/view/286/53/

Havok FX™ - Hardware-Accelerated Physics That Won’t Cost Gamers

Havok unveiled Havok FXâ„¢ for the first time and received strong praise from enthusiastic customers looking to push the envelope on visual effects in their PC games.  Havok FX extends Havok’s renowned game-play physics system by enabling thousands of objects to collide in real-time in a range of physical effects like debris, smoke, and fluids to add immense detail and believability to games.

Havok FX dispatches the effects physics to Shader Model 3 Class GPU’s.  With GPU’s already a standard on the market, Havok FX is available to an estimated 50 million existing PC’s

“Working with Havok, the leader in physics middleware development, we at NetDevil have always been looking for ways to continue to push physics in online gaming further than it has ever been pushed before. With the addition of Havok FX to the product line, we are excited about the possibilities of what we are going to be able to do in our future MMO projects to give our users an experience that they did not know was possible in video games,†states Scott Brown, President at NetDevil.

“The Havok 4.0 release is a big next step for Havok, as we expand the solutions we offer to help reduce the overall cost and risk associated with the development of cross-platform games.  Havok 4.0 strengthens our flagship physics and animation products, while introducing exciting new tools and run-time components that speed the development of unbelievable character performances in the gameâ€, states Jeff Yates, VP of Product Management at Havok.

link

don't believe in intel from 3rd party sites ;)

here is the info from the nVidia developer site:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/gdc-2006-sessions.html

it's Havok FX :shifty:

Physics Simulation on NVIDIA GPUs

[5:30pm — 6:30pm, Room A8]

Simon Green, Mark Harris

Havok FX leverages state of the art software and hardware technology from NVIDIA to extend the capabilities of NVIDIA GPUs and SLI multi-GPU systems to include physics processing for massive real-time effects. In this presentation NVIDIA and Havok engineers will describe how Havok FX utilizes NVIDIA technology to simulate and render thousands of particles and rigid bodies in games. Live real-time demos will demonstrate the high performance available with current GPUs and provide a look into the future of physics processing on NVIDIA GPUs.

if you read further on the Havok site:

http://www.havok.com/content/view/286/53/

Havok FX™ - Hardware-Accelerated Physics That Won’t Cost Gamers

Havok unveiled Havok FXâ„¢ for the first time and received strong praise from enthusiastic customers looking to push the envelope on visual effects in their PC games.  Havok FX extends Havok’s renowned game-play physics system by enabling thousands of objects to collide in real-time in a range of physical effects like debris, smoke, and fluids to add immense detail and believability to games.

Havok FX dispatches the effects physics to Shader Model 3 Class GPU’s.  With GPU’s already a standard on the market, Havok FX is available to an estimated 50 million existing PC’s

“Working with Havok, the leader in physics middleware development, we at NetDevil have always been looking for ways to continue to push physics in online gaming further than it has ever been pushed before. With the addition of Havok FX to the product line, we are excited about the possibilities of what we are going to be able to do in our future MMO projects to give our users an experience that they did not know was possible in video games,†states Scott Brown, President at NetDevil.

“The Havok 4.0 release is a big next step for Havok, as we expand the solutions we offer to help reduce the overall cost and risk associated with the development of cross-platform games.  Havok 4.0 strengthens our flagship physics and animation products, while introducing exciting new tools and run-time components that speed the development of unbelievable character performances in the gameâ€, states Jeff Yates, VP of Product Management at Havok.

ahh i see sorry from that link i gave you it gave me the wrong idea :P

Edited by pangbang

I really don't like to buy another card with extra memory, when I already have a powerful gfx card (or two).

OKay, so while the NVidia physics, called "SLI physics", can show some benefit with a single-card setup, you actually need two cards in SLI to show any significant benefit. Basically, for anything even close to comparable benefit to a PPU, you're going to be buying another card anyway. I already think that the mere 20% improvement you get for double the $$$ with SLI is a rip-off. So now we're going to cut into that 20% with physics calculations? :wacko:

Does anyone really want to be in a situation where to continue using the advanced physics in upcoming games, you must always buy two videocards at a time when you upgrade?

IMHO, "SLI Physics" is NVidia setting people up to buy two videocards at a time forever.

--Logos

Edited by Logos

At least this connection will calm the fears of those who think GRAW still might get cancelled. I doubt a graphics card componant company would be touting it if it was vapor ware.

Not that i needed that, GRIN being so active here gave me faith a while ago.

Could this be the start of a trickle of media?

You never Know. :drool:

I really don't like to buy another card with extra memory, when I already have a powerful gfx card (or two).

OKay, so while the NVidia physics, called "SLI physics", can show some benefit with a single-card setup, you actually need two cards in SLI to show any significant benefit. Basically, for anything even close to comparable benefit to a PPU, you're going to be buying another card anyway. I already think that the mere 20% improvement you get for double the $$$ with SLI is a rip-off. So now we're going to cut into that 20% with physics calculations? :wacko:

Does anyone really want to be in a situation where to continue using the advanced physics in upcoming games, you must always buy two videocards at a time when you upgrade?

IMHO, "SLI Physics" is NVidia setting people up to buy two videocards at a time forever.

--Logos

If you try to advertise a technology and to bring your brand in front (which nVidia do with the Havok FX presentation) you must push your technology in every statement. Thats simply what they did here. SLI is not neccessary and it runs on all SM 3.0 card which include the 6 series. It's not about one cad is doing physics it's about one card is doing both. The approach of combining the graphical objects such as debris with their own physical behaviour for graphical effect phyiscs is in my opinion better than transfering the info over the bus to the ppu card and back, combining it and all that with additional cpu usage.

Co-op who cares, missions are available on the cosoles so go buy one. We have waited for 4 years for a new generation replacement-get er done.

I think you may have registered on the wrong site my friend. There are MANY here who do

coop kicks ass - much rather coop against clean AI, then matching hackers who think they "pwned" me.

don't get me wrong, still like team v team, but coop has a big place for GR vets.

Awesome video, although its very very short, and the sound is very noisy.

One thing I noticed that dissapointed me abit; most of the debris from Ageia eksplotion went right through the ground. I was under the impression that the Ageia-card was able to give alot more details with things such as debris bouncing all over the place, in the video however, it magically dissapears through the ground.

Anyway, great to see some footage, and cool to see you Bo answering to alot of our questions (dont mind us over-analyzing the footage, its normal:))

i was impressed with Ballistics game, now with GRAW....Grin,  :santa:  for me  :devil::D 

But i dont have so much money for PPU and hope my 6600gt Makes a job for me! (stupid doctores took all my money!)  BTW, i would liek to know if Logitech G15 Keyboard is supported...  :rocky: (not big deal)

hey an old fan! Back to 2001 ah the youthfull days :)

Forward? No one runs forward....

Oh wait... i was about walking animation...so weirdly jagged, remind horse walking :blink:

Edited by capteenix

Co-op who cares, missions are available on the cosoles so go buy one. We have waited for 4 years for a new generation replacement-get er done.

I think you may have registered on the wrong site my friend. There are MANY here who do

coop kicks ass - much rather coop against clean AI, then matching hackers who think they "pwned" me.

don't get me wrong, still like team v team, but coop has a big place for GR vets.

... and coop vs. randomizing and clever AI, with ability to change spawn locations, amount of AI, difficulty of AI, etc.... one thing I'm not impressed with thus far in the 360 version is the 'herd' tendancies of the enemy AI in coop to run like cattle to the slaughter and not disperse effectively to attempt to live.

Campaigns are one thing, but doing a recon game type is another... we need 'mo better enemies. I've read the writeups talking about the 4 layers of AI, but I don't see it taking 'hold' in some of the coop game modes on the 360 yet... hopefully this is an area that can be 'tweaked' on the pc version. :thumbsup::whistle:

Hi Bo, How are ya? Thanks for answering the fans questions yesterday and today. I am glad som PC specific footage has made it out for ya, even if not done by Ubi. I even told Razz that it is pretty bad that a hardware company releases video before the publisher does.

I like the HUD for the grenade launcher. I think I may use one more often now.

NOX, Coop is pretty big around these parts. You may have stepped in it with that shot. ;)

SLI is not neccessary and it runs on all SM 3.0 card which include the 6 series. It's not about one card is doing physics it's about one card is doing both.

From HARDOCP:

...with two GPUs in SLI one GPU can render 3D while the other is dedicated to doing all the physics calculations. This will work with all GeForce 7 series GPUs. NVIDIA recommends a minimum of GeForce 7600 series for this.

It goes further than that even. This physics implementation can also work with a single GPU. When a GPU is rendering a game it may not be using all of its cycles sometimes. The ability is there to use some cycles for physics and the rest for 3D all in the same single GPU. Now, there may in fact be some tradeoff here, as you might lose some 3D performance.

No, thank you. I'll buy the PPU.

--Logos

didnt like the way the gun info, team info shook (bit distracting hope it can be turned off) about and the actual soldier and his gun didnt even twitch?!!!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=344612

didnt like the way the gun info, team info shook (bit distracting hope it can be turned off) about and the actual soldier and his gun didnt even twitch?!!!

bo already talked about that...

hehe - dont have time to read through every single page and every single comment - sorry, but thanks for helping... :thumbsup:

Edited by ig.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=344612

bo already talked about that...

hehe - dont have time to read through every single page and every single comment - sorry, but thanks for helping... :thumbsup:

no demo for ya! :rolleyes:

Edited by capteenix

I think you may have registered on the wrong site my friend. There are MANY here who do ;)

LOL exactly! That guy O B V I O U S L Y must be new to ghost recon because he simply has N O I D E A what hes talking about. Yes indeed do we all hope and pray they got the co-op part of the game right.

We've been waiting five years NOT for ghost recon advanced warfighter but in reality we have been waitin for GR2 PC.

What was officially launched as GR2 for the console I (and many others here) do not even dignify as to acknowledge that it even existed!!!!

This game GRAW?.......THATS IN ALL TRUTH GR2 for the pc! :thumbsup:

And the fact that I am sure you would not even understand what I just said proves that your a gr newbie. Read through the forums and learn ya history. There will be a final exam on Graw's launch day. ;)

At first I thought the Nvidia SLI solution paired with the HavokFX API might be better than the seperate Aegia cards. But from listening to you guys (or rather reading your posts) I've come to consider that perhaps Aegia might indeed be better.

If what you guys are saying are true then Nvidia would basically be forcing everyone to get 2 cards to enable the physics acceleration to work. Plus there is an actual trade off in 3d performance if the 2nd card has to work on physics? The only customers who would get the most benefit then would be the ones whom already have a 2nd card for SLI. And the numbers of SLI users by the way is much less than customers who have only one nvidia card.

So for now I guess the thing to do is buy an aegia card.

Still......it would be nice in future graphics cards that along with a gpu there would be a place set aside on the card for an aegia chip.

But from listening to you guys (or rather reading your posts) I've come to consider that perhaps Aegia might indeed be better.

Additionally, th AGEia card will handle about three times the number of rigid body objects as the NVidia solution 32,000 vs. "10,000+".

Read it all including the newbie post ; thnx Bo for being polite again & your serious answers; I viewed in totall 3 new screenshots (oh my my my, THREE new screenies by what kind of card?¿) ; I watched two online mini-vids of an explosion and there remain simply two things I really wanna know...

1) a FINAL demo releasedate so I can digitally/IRL check my hardwaregear

and... 2) THE final balanced, tweaked & physical releasedate of GR:AW...

words, words, words... gimme a break; gimme something to DO in sp & mp!!!

Edited by Eyho