GR:AW System Test

Cobblers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

graph_all_7.gif

Congratulations, your system will Rock this product! Wish we had a system that hot you lucky dog.

CPU

Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at 3.8 GHz PASS

System RAM

Minimum: 512 MB

You Have: 1023.5 MB PASS

Operating System

Minimum: Windows 2000/XP

You Have: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

Minimum: Video Card with Shader 2.0 with 128 MB of VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce FX+ /ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (GeForce 7800 GT) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.8198 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

Minimum: 9.0c

You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: Realtek AC'97 Audio PASS

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.6030 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

heh =P

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz  (Thought I only had one??)

Cobblers, does your processor have HyperThreading? If so, then that is the

reason. Intel P4 HT processors have 2 cores which is why Windows (and also

this software, my guess is this program reads out the system information file)

sees it as being two processors. HyperThreading is available on processors from

2.7Ghz and upward, so that could be a reason.

Sorry that I reply a bit late to this btw.

Edited by CkZWarlord

graph_all_7.gif

Weeee! :P But lets see how the game runs...

CPU

You Have: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at 3.2 GHz

System RAM

You Have: 1023.5 MB

Operating System

You Have: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Video Card

Minimum: Video Card with Shader 2.0 with 128 MB of VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce FX+ /ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: RADEON X800GT (ATI display adapter (0x554B))

PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6561

DirectX Version

Minimum: 9.0c

You Have: 9.0c

PASS

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: Realtek AC'97 Audio

PASS

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.5770

Edited by Arms

Great!!

graph_all_7.gif

Best of all is my video card gets top marks! :o=

Video Card

You Have: RADEON X850 Series (ATI display adapter AGP (0x4B49)) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: min_chart_6.gif

Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

graph_all_7.gif

Theres mine! Just some info for you though... I also did the test for Everquest 2: Kingdonm of sky which runslike garbage on my system and I got the same result... Don't put too much faith into this test.

Edited by kingotnw

Ok so my laptop fails with GRAW in only one way, my CPU is only a 1.7. I have been told even tho a laptops CPU is a 1.7, given that it is a laptop it runs more like a 2.0Ghz PC CPU. IS this true?

Yes, it's true. If you have the P-M 740 (1.73 GHz, 533 MHz FSB), it runs as a P4 2.77 GHz processor; if you have the P-M 730 (1.60 GHz, 400 MHz FSB), it runs as a P4 2.56 GHz processor. I don't know the correct "P4 conversion factor" for your P-M 735 (1.7 GHz, 400 MHz FSB), but it should be somewhere between those two values: something in the range of a P4 2.60 Ghz...

Fox

I'm not sure this test is accurate....

My pc topped the scale but I'll bet it's not able to run that well on max detail, im skeptical as to the validity of this scale... After all, I think they are just doing a compair against a table and not any sort of benchmark.

Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by chilly-willy

Yes I also got the "lucky dog" message. I tried it also for FEAR and BF2 with the same result, but I cant even run the FEAR demo at 1600x1200 and have the frame rates consitently above 25 - 30 fps. I wouldn't put too much faith in it either, as far as determining how high-end your system is, although I think it's not bad for a base guideline of what you would need.

Edited by *CDN* 12Gauge

I passed everything except the vidcard -- 6600GT. :( I'm going to upgrade, though, as soon as the 7900's are out.

As far as the test goes, this test will not tell you if you can run it at max resolution at max detail. Minimum and recommended specs are probably geared toward 800x600 and 1024x768, respectively. I meet the min specs for BF2, but I have to run it at 800x600 because of the above mentioned videocard.

I can also tell you that it's unlikely that more than a few of us will be able to run it at max res and max detail. 1600x1200 @ 60 frames/sec with all the eye-candy turned on is too tall an order for most people's computers when playing the most demanding games.

XBIT-Labs tested the 1900XTX recently. The testbed was a Athlon 64 4000+ with 2GB of RAM. For FEAR @ 1600/1200 with 4x anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering, the 1900XTX averaged 48 frames/sec with a lowest recorded rate of only 25 frames/sec.

XBIT Labs test of 1900XTX

We don't know yet how demanding GR:AW will be, but it will probably be up there with today's top games.

The question isn't can your card run it at max res; it's can it run it at the res you need at acceptable framerates. For those of you with 17" and 19" LCD's, that's 1280x1024 if you want to run at native-res, which you definitely do, and that's still a tall order for even the best cards out right now. More than likely most of us will have to settle for 1280x1024/960 or less AND turn down the FSAA and AF options.

BTW, people, get 2GB of ram if your system will handle it, and you can afford it. It makes a big difference with current games, even if it's well above the recommended specs.

--Logos

graph_all_7.gif

Theres mine! Just some info for you though... I also did the test for Everquest 2: Kingdonm of sky which runslike garbage on my system and I got the same result... Don't put too much faith into this test.

Ditto. Some of the KoS zones totally run like slide shows for me, even with my shiny new X1600 Pro.

This isn't really a system test, folks.

It's a program that goes in and reads what kind of hardware you're running, and compares it to the minimum specs, and that's all it does. It really isn't a test, and it doesn't run any tests on your PC.

It accesses MS System Info, and checks your device manager. That's it, nothing more.

If it was a real test, it would be more akin to running a benchmark program, but it doesn't test anything.

So, while this is good for checking your sytem hardware and comparing it to the listed minimum and maximum hardware specs listed for each game, that's all it does.

I wouldn't put any faith in it as a test at all.

Simply put, you go to this website, run the utility, and it only saves you the trouble of looking up your actual system hardware for yourself.

IMHO, we should all post our 3dMark scores here. Then when the game comes out we post our settings and framerate. Then people can know what kind of performance to expect before buying the game... Although a demo would fix that problem, too. :bounce: <--Demo-fever dance.

Edited by Cookie

i passed the test just below reccomended.

i ran 3dmark2005 today and i only got 2240 points :( why could this be?

i have:

athlonxp 3200+ 939pin

1.5GB PC3200 RAM

80GB 8MB cache ATA 133

PNY 6600GT 128MB DDR3

everyone else with a similar setup to mine was getting 3000 minimum

any ideas guys? on the cpu benchmarks i was geting about half what other people were getting too. GR runs perfect and i get a constant 50fps in CSS.

and for those that failed the minimum due to their video card, you can get 6600GT's a lot cheaper now that will do the job ok.

Edited by babydave

i passed the test just below reccomended.

i ran 3dmark2005 today and i only got 2240 points :( why could this be?

i have:

athlonxp 3200+ 939pin

1.5GB PC3200 RAM

80GB 8MB cache ATA 133

PNY 6600GT 128MB DDR3

everyone else with a similar setup to mine was getting 3000 minimum

any ideas guys? on the cpu benchmarks i was geting about half what other people were getting too. GR runs perfect and i get a constant 50fps in CSS.

and for those that failed the minimum due to their video card, you can get 6600GT's a lot cheaper now that will do the job ok.

@BD,

There are so many things that affect a benchmark. I myself don't put too much faith in benchmarks, and here is why.

Things that affect benchmarks:

1) Screen Resolution, AA and AF levels, color depth.

2) OS configuration such as Services that are running, programs that run, etc.

3) Power Supply and how much stuff is plugged in to your PC. IE. number of drives, video card, etc.

4) Heat.

5) Does the video card have it's own power rail, and if not, what is it sharing it's harness with?

Everyone's PC is configured differently, and everyone has different needs and things that they need to load up. Alot of people don't know what services to shut off, what they need and don't need.

When some of the hardcore benchmark lovers run benchmarks, they have everything disabled on their system, and they set the settings up to get the highest benchmark score possible, which to me is very unrealistic.

I like to know how my PC runs the way I need to run it everyday.

Some people like to strip it down for nothing but this game or that game. But most of us don't operate that way with a PC, we do a ton of other stuff with it as well as play games.

I dare say that with that score the way your sytem is setup, that if you stripped it down bare, your scores would surpass 3000.

But in the end, that benchmark isn't going to tell you how well your system will run this game or that game, or this app or that app.

The best test there is, is to run what you want to run, whatever game or app that might be. If it runs good, and does what you want it to, that's how it should be setup.

I wouldn't put too much faith in benchmarks, unless all you want to do is see how fast you can get your hardware to run in an unrealistic computing environment.

My scores in benchmarks are like yours. But I can run games right now maxed out, and I don't have to wait for apps or anything else to load.

So don't sweat it too much.

If you would like to see if you cna improve it, check out my tweaking XP guide in the PC section. I wrote a very detailed performance report, that includes services, and how to trim them down. Check it out.

Edited by Specter

graph_all_7.gif

CPU

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

You Have: 3.0 GHz PASS

System RAM

You Have: 1023.5 MB PASS

Operating System

You Have: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

You Have: RADEON X850 Series (ATI RADEON X850 PRO AGP (0x4B4B)) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

I should have no problem and will probably get better when I get a Ageia Physics card.