I'm Buying It!

By God! I don't have any illusions my thread will be as prolific as the one Harntrox started, and I would not attempt to go head to head with such an Icon, but I felt this was the right thing to say, at the right time. Thanks.

Me four :P

I like what I have seen of it so far and can see myself playing it :thumbsup:

Sure, it's not GR1..... but the simple truth is, it isn't trying to be.

GRAW is a completely new and different game and I for one am going to enjoy it for exactly what it IS and how it plays, not lamenting over it for what an updated GR1 could have been.

Classic Recon, R.I.P.

I will buy it, no question, what are the alternatives. I still haven't given up hope for classic Recon, at least some elements of it, at least the large open maps, open gameplay, improved squad control over GR 2 (I conceed that there will be 1 squad). Include some of the best of GR and GR 2. I am intrigued with what they are going to do with the tac map. It should prove to be the best tac sim on the market and the coop will be awesome. I want it to be big so that the mission packs come fast and furious.

Will I buy it? Right now I dont know. I'm 50/50 on GRAW right now. A demo would be nice and go a long way in getting me to buy it. Like I've said before I still have burn scars from GR2 so I'm a not going to rush out and get it without some indacation that it will be better than what I'm playing now(AA). A demo or good reviews by a few people here will be what it takes. I vote demo please.

Heck! I would have bought GR2 even though the missions were lame and linear it still had other SP modes like GR and since that's all I play that will be a major factor for GRAW. No extra SP modes. No buy. Extra SP modes like GR and I'll grab a copy when someone has it discounted. :santa:

I'm gonna find out more information about the game first. I have enough FPS games already. This one has to set its self apart from the norm these days. I am happy with the devlopment so far though.

I'll wait and see... What I'm hoping for right now is some more concrete info on the tactical aspect of the game, that supposedly is being further developed for the PC. Some screenshots/videos showing the "tactical" part of the game, along with a demo before the release so we can see what we're waiting for would be good.

Unless I get my hands on a demo first, I'm not buying anything.

I'm gonna find out more information about the game first. I have enough FPS games already. This one has to set its self apart from the norm these days. I am happy with the devlopment so far though.

I'll wait and see... What I'm hoping for right now is some more concrete info on the tactical aspect of the game, that supposedly is being further developed for the PC. Some screenshots/videos showing the "tactical" part of the game, along with a demo before the release so we can see what we're waiting for would be good.

I prefer a demo before I buy. Even then it is a bit iffy if they can't use some other type of copyright protection other than Starforce.

If it came out tommorrow, sure, a lot of folks would wait until a demo came out. But realistically, it could be that by the time the game hits the stores, you will have seen 'in game' clips, screens, and so much information your decision to fork over money may be a lot easier.

If it came out tommorrow, sure, a lot of folks would wait until a demo came out. But realistically, it could be that by the time the game hits the stores, you will have seen 'in game' clips, screens, and so much information your decision to fork over money may be a lot easier.

Not without a demo first. Especially with Ubi's track record. And at this point, the demo will have to be d!@ned good.

QUOTE(EasyCo @ Jul 9 2005, 05:05 PM)

Being realistic here, Im getting it. dispite the complaints, the obvious direction change Red Storm has taken, and the valid worries on how this game is gonna turn out, it'll prob still be one of the better squad based tactical shooters available.

That said, it doesnt mean I wont shelve it quickly or give up on FPSs all together shich Im pretty close to doing already. Today, I get that challenging gameplay i desire from flight sims.

The thing everyone has to remember also, and we are still seeing references to RedStorm, is that RedStorm is no longer producing the game. The people that really know GR besides us(RedStorm), are not making the game. Total strangers to the title are.

And Ubi keeps saying GRIN is well known and such, but to who? Me and a bunch of people I know that play GR and other games have never heard of them.

That's why until I see a demo, I won't be getting it.

With RedStorm, depending on major game changes, I proly would have gotten it despte my misgivings, only because I got to see what they were working on with the title and where it was going.

I believe it's all really simple actually. GRAW will be GRAW and GR will be GR. GRAW is a sequel, but still a new game in many ways (new developer, new engine and so on). I don't know if I will buy it until I hear and see more, but it's very probable I will. Why? Because it's a tactical shooter and that's a game type I love.

Then, will GRAW be as good as GR was back then? I don't know. Really. And I guess the same goes for the rest of you. It doesn't really matter either as long as it's still a good and fun game. It hasn't got to be exactly like GR to rock. It hasn't got to be exactly the same gameplay for us classic fans to love it. I believe a lot of new features could improve the game in ways we can't imagine. So, where's your belief in progress? Why can't new be good too, only in a different way? And please don't rant anymore about Ubisoft being the devil. Ubi employes are humans too you know. :yes:

Not without a demo first.  Especially with Ubi's track record.  And at this point, the demo will have to be d!@ned good.

Are we talking about their (rather poor) tactical shooter track record, or their (excellent) general track record?