12 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:53 PM

Team RAINBOW Returns to Combat with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3™: Athena Sword™

First Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Mission Pack Delivers A New Mediterranean Campaign

13/05/03 - This autumn, Team RAINBOW is back! The elite multinational squad of counter-terrorist operatives returns in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3™: Athena Sword™, the first mission pack of the wildly successful Rainbow Six 3™: Raven Shield™. They defeated the diabolical plot of a terrorist mastermind in the smash-hit PC game Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3™: Raven Shield™. But a few desperate remnants of the organization remain - and Team RAINBOW won't rest until terror has been vanquished and the world is safe.

"Rainbow Six fans have given high praises to Raven Shield and have named it an instant classic." said Alain Corre, Ubi Soft's Managing Director for Europe, the Asia Pacific region and South America. "With new missions, weapons, multiplayer modes, and multiplayer levels, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword will deliver more of what they crave - the action, the realism, and the thrill of fighting clusters of really deadly terrorists as a team."

KEY FEATURES

Developed by Ubi Soft's Milan studio, Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword boasts a host of standout features, including:

All-new, eight-mission campaign in locations including Italy, Croatia, and Greece
Eight new Multiplayer levels
Five new multiplayer game modes
Three "classic" missions, based on previous Rainbow Six chapters & adapted to the UnrealTM engine.
Seven additional real-world weapons (for a whopping total of 64)
Weapon sound effects from the team that worked on the blockbuster film The Matrix

STORY

Command Team RAINBOW, the world's most elite, multinational squad of counter-terrorist operatives, as they track the desperate remnants of a dangerous terrorist organization into exotic regions of the Mediterranean to prevent their agenda of international anarchy and destruction.

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#2 supasniper

supasniper

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:30 PM

sounds cool! :o= :o=

#3 magnumkp

magnumkp

Ghost - 3rd Class

• Contest Winner!
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:35 PM

They defeated the diabolical plot of a terrorist mastermind.

I haven't yet. :( Oh well, now what was the key for Zulu go again... back to the planning room

#4 Pyro_Monty

Pyro_Monty

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:09 PM

Rocky, did you get this from RvS.it? If so, you'll know about this anyway. If not, check it out:

Posted Image Posted Image

Also, you know anything about the 'Official' Italian patch that allows you to play as Italian CT Team NOCS?

NOCS Site

"Developed by Ubi Studios Milan in collaboration with Polizia di Stato (italian police), the NOCS (Nucleo Operativo Centrale di Sicurezza) patch will let gamers play Raven Shield with the most famous italian police counter-terrorist unit, using original and realistic uniforms and all the official equipment."

Sounds like a great thing for them to do! :o
Pyro_Monty | Regular Joe | Tactical-Elite Team Member
"High up on the importance list with the site" - Snake
Posted Image

#5 Super-Bob

Super-Bob

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:08 PM

Developed by Ubi Soft's Milan studio

Ugh. Last time a mission pack was developed by a different studio (BT) all the weapons were unbalaced. Ubi screws up again!
This signature was made by Super-Bob. Contact him for one for your own.

#6 Pyro_Monty

Pyro_Monty

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:21 PM

Well hang on a sec.

Wait no, go ahead, you're right :lol: Was BT not made by Montreal? Same as made Raven Shield? That explains a thing or two.
Pyro_Monty | Regular Joe | Tactical-Elite Team Member
"High up on the importance list with the site" - Snake
Posted Image

#7 Super-Bob

Super-Bob

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:36 PM

I don't have a problem with ubi Montreal. I have a problem with two different studios developing the same game.
This signature was made by Super-Bob. Contact him for one for your own.

#8 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:36 PM

Rocky, did you get this from RvS.it? If so, you'll know about this anyway.

No, it was a ubi press release they mailed me - thats cool info you found though!

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

#9 firefly2442

firefly2442

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  • XFire:firefly2442

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:09 PM

Any word on the modding status? Will this expansion make modding possible or will it be a patch? Thanks. :)

#10 Sart

Sart

Master Admin

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,069 posts
  • XFire:sartillies

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:22 PM

let gamers play Raven Shield with the most famous italian police counter-terrorist unit, using original and realistic uniforms and all the official equipment."

*Drools*

Im shure Maldini has a smile on his face. :)
"Take off every "Zig"! For great justice!"
HEY YOU. Do you like ACTION? Do you like EXTREME AWESOMENESS? Check out - TRUE TALES FROM ARMA!
http://www.youtube.c...eature=CAwQwRs=
Posted Image

#11 FuSaKi

FuSaKi

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:53 PM

Think they'll give us M203s as weapon attachments? I know its a CQB game, but if we already have an M60, why not? I can think of a few missions where an underbarrel GL would be very usefull.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive." - Robert Heinlein, "Job", 1984

#12 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:56 PM

Athena Sword forums now open here., just dont tell everybody yet, go get your usernames reserved!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 firefly2442

firefly2442

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  • XFire:firefly2442

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:16 AM

I think you mean .... ahhh hehehe, nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users