Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /cluster/004/vclusters/745w7e/sites/745w7e.vc.c4.catncloud.com/http/forums/admin/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php on line 841 Afghanistan - GR - General Mod Topics - Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

Afghanistan

848 replies to this topic

#1 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 10:24 AM

I have watched, and watched, and watched as we blew the hell out of Afghanistan, and thought for sure it would be a mod, nope none YET, well your wait is over. I am working on a total conversion mod based on operations conducted in Afghanistan. I am working on retexturing maps, and still yet need a mission scripter. And will have new maps as well.
"I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality." -- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Posted Image

#2 Grail

Grail

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 11:13 AM

From DTD Pro MOD Team:

Afghanistan MOD
Posted Image
-------------
Dulce bellum inexpertis - Erasmus

#3 Kamakazi

Kamakazi

Pointman - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:19 PM

Hey Marcinko

I would be happy to do some missions for you if you want

and if you dont just dont pay attention to this post <_<
Rocky: OMG I just got filtered by my own forum. wall.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 08:19 PM

Wooooo Hooooo, I got a mission scripter :D . Thanks man. And DTD's mod is not just basd in Afghanistan.

Edited by Marcinko, 02 March 2003 - 08:22 PM.

"I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality." -- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Posted Image

#5 Grail

Grail

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 10:06 PM

And DTD's mod is not just basd in Afghanistan.

I didn't say it did. It covers the Delta/DEVGRU executive protection aspect of the current Afghan Ops. I mentioned it purely FYI.
Posted Image
-------------
Dulce bellum inexpertis - Erasmus

#6 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 10:26 PM

Yes. and what a mod it will be, can't wait.
Posted Image

#7 ZRated

ZRated

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:49 PM

Hey if you need any small bits of info,email me. I was in Afghanistan through July of 2002 (with 2\187th)
E5,Ranger Tab,AASLT&Jumpwings,EIB (CIB).101st Airborne,(6 years in Service)

#8 elpatricio

elpatricio

• GR.net Supporter
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:01 PM

Hey marcinko,

I see you have a screenshot of a chinook youv'e made, tell me, did u manage to get both rotor blades to rotate properly, if so, cool!, and could you tell me how. I never managed to figure out how to get it to work.

Cheers

#9 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 10:44 PM

Well thanks Z, i will definently be getting a hold of u when the mission making begins, and prob ask about some of the loadouts :D To El. i didnt make that chinook, good ole friend of mine made it, -MM- Shadow, and yes both rotars spin :D i will be sure to ask him how he got it goin. Thanks for the support guys.

Edited by Marcinko, 03 March 2003 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 01:55 AM

Already have a ? Z, in ur time in afghanistan, did u see any american special forces using turbans, or anything of the sort??????? also, theres a kid at school who seems to believe the m16 was the primary weapon of the ground war in afghanistan, i say m4, which did u see most????????
by the way more pics posted :D
Posted Image

#11 Sooner

Sooner

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 02:39 AM

I was not there; however, I do have military experience so, hope you don't mind my 2 cents... LOL

I would say the M16 was/*IS* the primary weapon of the ground forces in Afganistan. The M16 is the primary weapon issued to regular US ground forces. And from past experience, the M16 is also the primary weapon of the Rangers.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong. :(
--------------------------
=AKA=COL=Sooner
=AKA= Club Homepage

#12 Sooner

Sooner

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 02:40 AM

Sorry for the double post but, I forgot to add that I can't wait for this mod! :D
--------------------------
=AKA=COL=Sooner
=AKA= Club Homepage

#13 Marcinko

Marcinko

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:16 AM

Well, i just talked to good ole Piccolo, he said it would depend on the branch, although all the pics i've seen have m4's, but several on good morning america. Thanks for support Sooner, hopefully this mod will be out sooner :blink: i mean... dont mind my dull humor.
Posted Image

#14 300Mag

300Mag

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 05:05 AM

Here are a couple I know to be floating around over there that are not quite as common as the others.

1) Armalite AR10T is in fact in the field
2) The AR15/M16 SPR (Special Purpose Rifle). There are better images of this floating around, but here's an idea. I think this has been modeled before, not sure.

SPR

Fires a heavy 77 grain sierra matchking and has a 1 in 8 twist barrel. Allows for longer range engagements.

Edited by 300Mag, 04 March 2003 - 05:07 AM.

#15 FivefifitysixNATO

FivefifitysixNATO

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 05:22 AM

Nice website 300.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users