Still no hope for co-op

I can see that all of us "whiners" and our daily posts whit GRAW critizism has disapeared from the forums :P

I have just recently reinstalled GRAW because of the Juni patch released.. remember the one you tried to calm us all down whit.. but no I'm still not impressed its still a crappy game, that has nothing in comen whit the [GR].

But I'm extremely sorry to see that Co-op is still as crappy as it where before the patch, no game options or anything has been added. Its a shame especially for my fellow Co-op brothers who actually did like the game.

Well bye bye.. hopefully we will get A LOT more lucky on the next GR game.

Take care.

-= Bring Back The Classics! =-

Edited by REC0N

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was only a conclusion on the whole thing. It just proves again that UBI/GRIN doesnt give a damn about the co-op community.

I didnt expect a whole new game whit the patch.. either you love it or you hate it.. I had just wished that they would have made some good Co-op changes.

Edited by REC0N

This was only a conclusion on the whole thing. It just proves again that UBI/GRIN doesnt give a damn about the co-op community.

I didnt expect a whole new game whit the patch.. either you love it or you hate it.. I had just wished that they would have made some good Co-op changes.

Oh we don't?

Throughout the summer:

-Team Deathmatch

-Hamburger Hill Mode

-Original GR Co-Op Mode

-Map Editor for TDM, HH, [GR] Co-Op

-GRAW Co-Op Improvement (Quick Start and Respawn)

-Dedicated Server pack

I can see coop in three out of six lines...

And in this patch you did get 3 more levels to play in coop. That was what was announced. You also got a AI update which is SP/Coop specific. What was sent in the patch was mainly Deathmatch and the Editor and some fixes and some features. That is a lot for one single patch in one and a half month since release.

But if you don't want [GR] Co-Op, the editor for [GR] Co-Op and the GRAW Co-Op Improvement...

bye bye

Oh boy GRIN is alive!!

But why don't you take a look in the CO-OP Wish list topic...

What we want is OPTIONS basically.

We want to be able to create our own "game" for starters.

Missions, Firefights, Hold the base, Recon ect.

More than 4 player Co-op.

There is a lot more..

I think Ive read it before on these forums, that the Coop will not be really added to until August.

So dont put all you hopes into having stuff added in the July patch. I am a MP player, but I like Coop as much as the next person, and I too cant wait till they add the new gametypes. On the other hand I dont want them to rush it either. Im sure in August Coop will get a nice facelift, and alot of people will be happy.

I hope you are one of them.

I think things are progressing along nicely. It will be nice to have respawns in co-op, though currently it really adds a level of fear when you know how easy it is to die for good. Still haven't completed Quarterback (super long mission in the slums) yet on co-op!

Well obviously they are not.. they have only delivered a couple of more linear maps/missions.

OPTIONS is the keyword.

What you need to do is pay attention to posts by the developers:

Throughout the summer:

-Team Deathmatch

-Hamburger Hill Mode

-Original GR Co-Op Mode

-Map Editor for TDM, HH, [GR] Co-Op

-GRAW Co-Op Improvement (Quick Start and Respawn)

-Dedicated Server pack

Bo (CEO of GRIN) already stated long ago that the CO-OP can be opened up with some modding. A CO-OP Map Editor sounds like a good start to make this happen. There are also 10 Ghost names in the xml files. If GR:AW had launched completed, we most likely would have had 10 CO-OP player slots. Thank UBI for pushing GR:AW out the door early and setting GRIN up to take the fall for it.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I can see that all of us "whiners" and our daily posts whit GRAW critizism has disapeared from the forums :P

I have just recently reinstalled GRAW because of the Juni patch released.. remember the one you tried to calm us all down whit.. but no I'm still not impressed its still a crappy game, that has nothing in comen whit the [GR].

But I'm extremely sorry to see that Co-op is still as crappy as it where before the patch, no game options or anything has been added. Its a shame especially for my fellow Co-op brothers who actually did like the game.

Well bye bye.. hopefully we will get A LOT more lucky on the next GR game.

Take care.

-= Bring Back The Classics! =-

Ok listen very carefully, go to control panel, add/remove programs, take ghost recon off, and go play another game, no one cares that you dont like this game. :)

Oh boy GRIN is alive!!

But why don't you take a look in the CO-OP Wish list topic...

What we want is OPTIONS basically.

We want to be able to create our own "game" for starters.

Missions, Firefights, Hold the base, Recon ect.

More than 4 player Co-op.

There is a lot more..

Of course we are. And if we read this one, we haven't missed that one.

But I can't promise or say anything more than what have been said officially.

:shhhh:

Somehow I think whatever GRIN does with COOP won't matter much. I'm sure they WILL DO A FINE JOB WITH IT, but by the time they're finished tweeking this game folks like AlphaSquad will have custom COOP missions up and running for tournaments. Remember the Farm? Outpost? Those were two of the most awesome maps ever made for GR, and it was dudes who weren't on the payroll who made them. Editing tools are already in the hands of the modders. The rebirth of GR COOP play is surely close at hand...

Well obviously they are not.. they have only delivered a couple of more linear maps/missions.

OPTIONS is the keyword.

[/quote

Obviously you haven't kept up with the threads here and complain when the mood strikes you... They are working on MANY aspects of the game and will be released in due time... There's still a July and August addon/patch coming... Remember, what they intend to fix/add, they also have to test it before release... I would say, start reading some of the post here and you'll find all you need to know about evreything... Oh, one more thing!!! PATIENCE....

Edited by Stormin

It's great to see that GRIN is here acknowledging the coop posts. Since coop is basically all my friends and I play, I feel encouraged that the coop issues may be addressed. And that leads me to the #1 issue we have right now with coop:

WE CAN'T GET TO THE LOADOUT SCREEN! Sorry about the screaming, but this is ridiculous. I tried for almost 2 hours Saturday to join/host a coop game, and never once got it to work. Sunday I was finally able to join someone's game, only to be disconnected 5 minutes into the game. Some days it works marginally, some days not at all. I am OK with the coop game when we're playing, all the things that have been promised for coop improvements sound great, but I enjoy playing it as it is now. That is, if we can play! The way it stands now, four of us try playing, but only one of us can host because no one can get to the loadout screen if the others try to host. And the one that can host has a slower PC, so the game doesn't host well on his computer. And we all have computers that will run the game just fine. As a matter of fact, we all can jump into a Dom or DM game without any problems. This appears to be a coop issue.

GRIN, I know I can't ask you to respond directly to this (Colin pretty much threatened me with being booted off when I asked before), but there appears to be a lack of posts regarding this BkSOD issue in coop. I'm sure you're aware of it, I just wanted to state that the coop game has been very enjoyable when we get it to play. It's just not easy to get that far with it. We wonder at times if this is, in part, a Gamespy problem. There are a good number of times I get 'Gamespy connection problem' messages, which doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about being able to play. I truly hope that one of the future coop improvements is Direct IP connection, but I doubt it. Ubisoft using Gamespy was not, IMHO, a wise decision. Unfortunately, that's what we got.

Thanks for listening

That the co-op is lacking at the moment, I can agree to.

But to say there is no hope for it - that is, assuming that we are lying about the upcoming improvements to the co-op mode - is a tad bit too pessimistic. It's just your disgruntled self speaking.

I thought people knew better these days than to hang on to these "UBI are trying to steal our money and dump toxic waste on our back lawn" conspiracy theories.

I thought people knew better these days than to hang on to these "UBI are trying to steal our money and dump toxic waste on our back lawn" conspiracy theories.

For some it doesn't matter how much effort you put into your work and/or how good you keep contact with the community and/or how much info you release about the game, there will always be people who keep naggin' as in the above theories.

However the majority does appreciate the effort, contact and info we get from you guys. I hope that weighs much more than those few ignorent boohoo's out there.

Keep up the good work GRIN! :grin1:

:g_withgrin:

*edit: corrected typo's

Edited by Toniezz

"UBI are trying to steal our money and dump toxic waste on our back lawn"

Don't forget that they're clubbing baby seals when they take vacations! LOL!

Good one!

<<Waits patiently for TvT...

Edited by RAbbi_74