weapon pack updates

Brettzies

I wonder if a bundle.patch would solve any of these problems, but I wasn't able to get this thing bundled correctly last time I tried. Maybe better luck with this future version.

Don't know if it would help, but I'll help you fix the bundle when you want to. ;)

So I've been trying to do a bundle and it works ok, but I'm having two issues right now. Both things work fine if I use the "language" method.

1. The intro movie doesn't play. Seems to hang on black but you can press a key to get to the main menu.

2. None of the custom weapon sounds come through.

Not sure why this would work one way but not the other. Seems most likely a path issue? I tried a few things with the menu_intro.xml but couldn't get it to work. Any thoughts on this? Everything else seems to be ok, textures, models, units, etc. Thanks.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if a bundle.patch would solve any of these problems, but I wasn't able to get this thing bundled correctly last time I tried. Maybe better luck with this future version.

Don't know if it would help, but I'll help you fix the bundle when you want to. ;)

So I've been trying to do a bundle and it works ok, but I'm having two issues right now. Both things work fine if I use the "language" method.

1. The intro movie doesn't play. Seems to hang on black but you can press a key to get to the main menu.

2. None of the custom weapon sounds come through.

Not sure why this would work one way but not the other. Seems most likely a path issue? I tried a few things with the menu_intro.xml but couldn't get it to work. Any thoughts on this? Everything else seems to be ok, textures, models, units, etc. Thanks.

The easiest way for me to figure it out is if you send me the files. Your local folder version shouldn't be hard to fix for bundle support.

I've done it for a couple of custom maps already. :)

The easiest way for me to figure it out is if you send me the files. Your local folder version shouldn't be hard to fix for bundle support.

Alright. It will take a while to upload, I'll send you a pm with the link. Will I be able to re-bundle it myself as I might be changing a few things? Thanks for the help.

Alright. It will take a while to upload, I'll send you a pm with the link. Will I be able to re-bundle it myself as I might be changing a few things? Thanks for the help.

Sure. You can always unbundle it and then you'll see where everything should be. ;)

Nicely done on that video, had to get drool bucket out again to keep keyboard dry. Now, if we can just get a kind soul at GRIN to help solve the issue with ironsights aim, (black helper point just too hard on these older eyes), and change the code, if power of 2 is the deal on mod id's, to 64 instead of 32. Nice work Brettzies.

Ok. First issue. Movies can't be inside a bundle. I noticed that all original movies in the installed game also where outside the bundle, and that is the reason. So that can't be solved in any other way them having that file in the local folder.

I'm gonna look into the sound issue now...

The movie won't download for me for some reason. I click download now and nothing happens. Probably a problem on my end. Says it's only been downloaded once though which can't be correct.

D/L fine for me, if anyone else confirms it is an issue at FF , I'll put another one up.

So. Based on this I suggest the following.

- SP version, like it is now and used in local folder.

- MP version, no movie and only original sounds, bundled.

Special thanks to :grin2: _Wolfsong for debugging the mod so quickly.

So, right now I have possible workarounds. The movie is not really a big deal, just something nice and fun to add(no it's not the teaser movie either).

1st workaround:

.bundled mod +

.movie file in normal movies directory

.not sure about sounds on this one

.installation would be perhaps confusing for some but it works

2nd workaround

.bundled mod + language method for movie and sounds

.i tried this, its works on my local machine for both....can never be sure about mp

I have a few more things I might try with the sound before deciding which route to take, plus there are some other things I need to fix up.

Now, if we can just get a kind soul at GRIN to help solve the issue with ironsights aim, (black helper point just too hard on these older eyes),
A while ago, I was working on this, and did get AR15 class weapons to line up, but it caused some other issues. I was busy with some other things and abandoned it, I might go back and look at it again, but not for this mod.

Thanks for all of your kind words everyone!

I take it bundling creates some more files or something?

This is kind of funny, I thought I was being clever by removing 26megs of duplicate sound banks(scar556) and editing the xmls to all look at the same one. I was like yes, my bundle will be smaller now. It acually is about 26 megs smaller. However, when I zip it up with the 2 local dirs the zip file is about 118megs. Compared to a zip with everything in the local folder and no bundle file made, 73 megs. Seems a bit strange.

The movie won't download for me for some reason. I click download now and nothing happens. Probably a problem on my end. Says it's only been downloaded once though which can't be correct.

D/L fine for me, if anyone else confirms it is an issue at FF , I'll put another one up.

Works now that I'm home. I guess the people in IT at work don't want me to have any fun.

I take it bundling creates some more files or something?

This is kind of funny, I thought I was being clever by removing 26megs of duplicate sound banks(scar556) and editing the xmls to all look at the same one. I was like yes, my bundle will be smaller now. It acually is about 26 megs smaller. However, when I zip it up with the 2 local dirs the zip file is about 118megs. Compared to a zip with everything in the local folder and no bundle file made, 73 megs. Seems a bit strange.

I guess ZIP isn't as goos at compressing already coded files.

2nd workaround

.bundled mod + language method for movie and sounds

.i tried this, its works on my local machine for both....can never be sure about mp

This would work. Just a little more trouble installing it. As the sound is locally on each computer I'm sure it will work as long as everything is where it should be placed.

Niiiiiiiceeee....does the video have sound? I didnt hear anything...but video is great!! Excellent work Brett....

Dood. The sound is what actually makes the video good! Glad you still like it, but seriously, the sound and music really adds impact to the imagery and helps me fool you guys into thinking there's more there then there really is.

WOW! Brettzie... will your new uniforms be available to SP?

Yes, they are available for both right now.

Niiiiiiiceeee....does the video have sound? I didnt hear anything...but video is great!! Excellent work Brett....

Dood. The sound is what actually makes the video good! Glad you still like it, but seriously, the sound and music really adds impact to the imagery and helps me fool you guys into thinking there's more there then there really is.

WOW! Brettzie... will your new uniforms be available to SP?

Yes, they are available for both right now.

The Sound totally makes the video.... Rocking soundtrack and some quality choice quotes from Black Hawk Down lol