weapon pack updates

Brettzies

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one question guys cause i am a new one.

I tryied Brettzies weapon pack 1.2 on MP-Coop and that's why i am here.

Love it,but only when i play alone on a server.When another guy comes in then i have big big problems of instability of my screen. Freezing for 3 -4 seconds every time i try to move fast.

It is something i ignore?Do i need a better graphic card?(ATI RADEON x1950 pro 512MB i have)

Or this pack is not working on MP?

There is no need to mention the small bugs that exist on weapon pack.I can live with them.My big problem is that i freeze and can not play.

Any help?

Thanx

Only one question guys cause i am a new one.

I tryied Brettzies weapon pack 1.2 on MP-Coop and that's why i am here.

Love it,but only when i play alone on a server.When another guy comes in then i have big big problems of instability of my screen. Freezing for 3 -4 seconds every time i try to move fast.

It is something i ignore?Do i need a better graphic card?(ATI RADEON x1950 pro 512MB i have)

Or this pack is not working on MP?

There is no need to mention the small bugs that exist on weapon pack.I can live with them.My big problem is that i freeze and can not play.

Any help?

Thanx

With MP, it's hard to determine what a lot of the problems are. Probably not your graphics card since it has more then enough memory for textures. I never was fully able to know if the kits actually worked right because of an attachment id# and maybe even weapon id#, or if that was even fixed in a patch. It was definetely a problem in Graw1. Grin never gave any official word if that was a problem even or limitation in the network code, as in limiting to 32 slots for attachment ids. Their count was below that, so it wouldn't even be an issue with the core game and they may not even have run into the issue.

I put up a couple of tests for people to try and identify that particular issue, but not many checked it out. Not sure about the freezing issue though. Do all participants have the mod installed. I wonder if a bundle.patch would solve any of these problems, but I wasn't able to get this thing bundled correctly last time I tried. Maybe better luck with this future version.

and also

will you tell us how to put the NV goggles up or down ?

i usually like them up lol

but if its a night mission i like them down for looks lol

he did tell us:

You can't control it accept from the xml, so I'll probably put them up or just comment them out.

Either is fine Brett, it would be great to have the tag in the xml for reference.

Edited by doubletap

With MP, it's hard to determine what a lot of the problems are. Probably not your graphics card since it has more then enough memory for textures. I never was fully able to know if the kits actually worked right because of an attachment id# and maybe even weapon id#, or if that was even fixed in a patch. It was definetely a problem in Graw1. Grin never gave any official word if that was a problem even or limitation in the network code, as in limiting to 32 slots for attachment ids. Their count was below that, so it wouldn't even be an issue with the core game and they may not even have run into the issue.

I put up a couple of tests for people to try and identify that particular issue, but not many checked it out. Not sure about the freezing issue though. Do all participants have the mod installed. I wonder if a bundle.patch would solve any of these problems, but I wasn't able to get this thing bundled correctly last time I tried. Maybe better luck with this future version.

Thanx Brettzies for your fast reply.

I really have no idea about moding and can't understand a lot of things.

But i can post you some experience i had of your pack and test things with my clan also.

For the moment the only issues i have noticed are:

-Only MP Coop and not demo version game.Server online and on Lan.No campaign and only [GR] coop.All players have the pack loaded-

1.On every silenced weapon the other players can see an agog scope at the end of the barel.Not you,only everybody else.

2.For the sounds the same.You can listen a silenced weapon with low noise but everybody else can listen a loud one.Including the enemies.

3.There is a lag and freezing screens every 10-15 seconds especially when you try to run.But this is not hapening to all players.For example,in a server of three people one player maybe has this problem.The two other can play normaly.

Thanx for your time Brettz.You make a great job.Keep on.

I love your M16 wepon especially with a silencer and iron sights.

1.On every silenced weapon the other players can see an agog scope at the end of the barel.Not you,only everybody else.

2.For the sounds the same.You can listen a silenced weapon with low noise but everybody else can listen a loud one.Including the enemies.

3.There is a lag and freezing screens every 10-15 seconds especially when you try to run.But this is not hapening to all players.For example,in a server of three people one player maybe has this problem.The two other can play normaly.

I can tell you right now that number 1 and 2 are most likely related to the attachment id# things. Whats happening is that on your local machine it knows the correct number, but for some reason on the other machines they will see it as something different and I think back to the first last usuable slot, #32, which is the Acog. So, everything beyond 32 will be screwed up.

Edited by Brettzies

So,

no cure doctor?? :(:(:(

Unfortunately no. One of the test I was trying to do a few months ago was to remove a few of the original attachments and renumber the whole thing. Unfortunately it's more complex then just the moddata.xml. Some of the mission(coop or [GR] coop) may look for a weapon or attachment and cause a crash. So, you have to go in and edit those scripts as well to remove all references to the weapons taken out. I still believe it might be possible but I'm not sure it would be worth it.

I've fixed it up with inventory icons and stuff for SP in my kit fix mod, so it will provide some changes/fixes to SP as well.

Kit fix mod? Is it available for download Wolfsong?

Edit: I think I found it. It's the class/kit mod?

Yes it is.

Direct link?

The 552 looks awesome brett, as do the nvg's. :pirate:

Edited by Suicide Commando

I've fixed it up with inventory icons and stuff for SP in my kit fix mod, so it will provide some changes/fixes to SP as well.

Kit fix mod? Is it available for download Wolfsong?

Edit: I think I found it. It's the class/kit mod?

Yes it is.

Direct link?

I don't think it's completed yet. Not sure.

request: when you got them lined up/stacking...could you perhaps resize it to 1024x740 or bigger 0:) ...would like to turn it into a wallpaper..... :yes:

please

please

please

please

:rofl:

Update: I tried it on Photoshop and when I resized it, it was coming out blurry :(

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

looking mighty fine there Brett

got a fresh copy of GRAW2 in the mail today, waiting for this mod to finished before I install it ;)

got an ETA? Take your time though, don't stress it. Also keeping an eye on the New Looks Ghost thead :thumbsup:

I'm pretty close. I would say this week for sure. Only problem is, if the patch comes out, I'll have to go through all the xmls and redo some of them I'm sure, which could result in user error and debuggin...bleh. Kind of surprised it isn't out already.