Mission 10: The Last Stand

The last mission is simply frustrating, cause most of the time you or your team get shot by some rebel or merc just out of sight. Move a few inches forward and suddenly they pop up! Still not across that bridge. Will try all the hints you guys gave me.

I can't say that happened to me, I could always just make out the sniper or machine gun in the distance and get a shot off before he saw me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last mission is simply frustrating, cause most of the time you or your team get shot by some rebel or merc just out of sight. Move a few inches forward and suddenly they pop up! Still not across that bridge. Will try all the hints you guys gave me.
I can't say that happened to me, I could always just make out the sniper or machine gun in the distance and get a shot off before he saw me.
Same for me, Rocky. I simply do not understand what all the bitching and moaning is about. Yes, the bridge is hard, but not impossible, and there is ample cover as you move across the bridge. I, too, was never engaged by an NPC that was beyond my view. And, I played it on hardcore the first time through.

Same for me, Rocky. I simply do not understand what all the bitching and moaning is about. Yes, the bridge is hard, but not impossible, and there is ample cover as you move across the bridge. I, too, was never engaged by an NPC that was beyond my view. And, I played it on hardcore the first time through.

simply because it didnt happen to you doesnt mean it didnt happen to someone else. its not impossible to get through mission 10, but its unfair to some extend.

simply because it didnt happen to you doesnt mean it didnt happen to someone else. its not impossible to get through mission 10, but its unfair to some extend.

Exactly Brainman2k. I just finished this mission and love it. But the insertion and enemies on the bridge are frustrating cause they way this mission was setup. We all know half your team gets shot when you drop down from the chopper. Even in mid air. Then the 50 cals and snipers across the bridge. They seem to be the ghosts cause one moment there is nobody and the next they are all there. That has nothing to do with skills or difficulty of this mission. I love this mission, but right now it seems to have some bugs that need to be sorted.

PS. Thanx for the helpfull hints here peeps. That got me over the brigde!

Edited by IRU_The_Donk

i have had it happen in coop that on the bridge people tend to walk past an enemy ai who was trying to get a car stereo rather than take shots at us...

it is funny that sometimes the AI is as slow in reacting as the human player.

as for tactics.. crawl as point man and let the rest of the team crouch behind you or in campaign coop do as they please..... atleast that is what i do

^ I never said it didn't, so don't imply I did. I only stated my experience. As for whether or not it's fair, that is a matter of opinion. We just disagree. No big deal, really.

agreed. i simply dislkied the way you said it:

I simply do not understand what all the bitching and moaning is about.

i felt a little offended by that, hence my posting.

^ I never said it didn't, so don't imply I did. I only stated my experience. As for whether or not it's fair, that is a matter of opinion. We just disagree. No big deal, really.

agreed. i simply dislkied the way you said it:
I simply do not understand what all the bitching and moaning is about.
i felt a little offended by that, hence my posting.
Fair enough! Duly noted! :thumbsup:

i too took the sniper-mp5 and rocket---did mostly belly crawl --and very slow -using scope to look for bad guys ---they were very hard to see --but i didnt think it was unfair--just hard--thats what makes the game soo great!--i have a 2.53 pent 4---1024-80 hd--with a raedon 9550 128 video card--i only had 3 crashes in the entire game--i dont have any patches--imo fantastic game!!!

[

Edited by sr71gn

Aside for the ridiculous insertion location, this is what bothers me...

If we know where it is, why don't we just bomb the hell out of it with an air strike, send in the entire US 1st Army - tanks, APC's SF crawling all over, etc... and have every patriot missile system pointing in the nuke's general direction to shoot the missile down if it launches.

No, the good general sends in 4 guys and feels that is appropriate. I could just see him being grilled by a Senate review committee after a nuke destroys DC.

He would say "It wasn't JUST 4 guys, it was Captaaaaaaaaaain. Mitchellllll. He can leap tall buildings with a single bound and stands for truth, justice and the American way.".

I'm replaying the campaign and really enjoying all of the missions. except the last one.

All three ghosts get killed withing 5 seconds after they hit the ground. I don't have the slightest chance to put them behind cover, and if I try to peek out to give some cover fire I take a .50 cal to the head. I've reloaded and restarted the entire missions like ten times. the extremely long loading times doesn't really help. I got so frustrated I just shut it down

Good job, GRiN, on creating the worst single player mission, in any game of any time. I think you'll hold that title for a long time to come

you can't possibly think the design of this mission is good?

I enjoyed it immensely. When I made MP maps for BHD, I would routinely make them lopsided just to see if 1 team could overcome the other. I actually like games where the odds are stacked against you. In MP, I never complain if it's 5 or 6 against me or maybe 1 other guy, and I object to balancing the teams (unless the people on my team are morons).

I enjoyed it immensely. When I made MP maps for BHD, I would routinely make them lopsided just to see if 1 team could overcome the other. I actually like games where the odds are stacked against you. In MP, I never complain if it's 5 or 6 against me or maybe 1 other guy, and I object to balancing the teams (unless the people on my team are morons).

it not just "unbalanced" when all three teammates die in a few seconds, without the player having a chance to do something about it.... it's just frustrating as hell.

It's the most annoying, unfair, unrealistic and stupid mission of ANY Ghost Recon game. Heck, probably any FPS game ever

Well Gents I got this game a few days ago and have been slugging my way through it and just finally finished the final mission. I roundly agree with almost everyone's comments, the insertion is INSANE. I had to play it dozens of times just to get(my most positive outcome) through with two ghosts uninjured and myself uninjured. After taking the American side of the border things just went downhill. The bad guys sprint across the bridge and sometimes end up in random places, while this keeps things from being too predictable it drives me nuts when I know that at a certain point 4 tango's should be inbound and I can only locate/kill 3. The fourth usually shoots me as I finally try to proceed. As far as securing the second side of the bridge, its wonderful that you can be shot at by enemies you can't even see b/c of the graphic draw range. I finally was forced to resort to sliding on my belly forward and watching for them to appear. Once I even got a save point before I'd killed the tank etc and therefore lost my airstrike/artillary. The ghosts are useless, they drop super fast and somehow don't seem to understand the concept of returning fire, let alone moving forward and using their ZEUS on the tank or helo. After several tense hours I did manage to get things finished up. I still haven't gotten the credits and a mission complete b/c after I mark the nuke I can't get out in time and always die. Love the game but damn that last mission is completely out of balance with the rest. I kept thinking the mission should have earned the title "The long walk" rather than the one previously named in said fashion because that bring was the longest crawl/walk EVER. Sorry for the rant.

I think mission 9 is harder than mission 10...for me at least.

I interpreted the insertion zone as part of the story...the chopper picked a crappy spot and at least one of your men is supposed to die right away, stacking the odds against you and thus giving a better reason for needing those marines after securing the US border outpost. It still doesn't make any sense to plan on inserting on a bridge between two enemy camps, though. Why not insert on the far side of the US outpost in the city? Oh well, hehe...I don't mind it too much.

I just wanted to give my 2 cents on clearing the bridge portion safely.

Your men aren't going to be much help at all except for protecting you from flanking enemies, if any manage to sneak up on you behind cover. Mitchell has to do basically all the killing on this mission.

Easily the best kit is, as mentioned by others, the silenced m14 and mp5sd with a zeus. You may want to leave the scope off the mp5sd as it will be a hindrance in the underground area.

Like Wolfsong said, it's best to take it very slow, advancing a few meters at a time and scoping out all possible enemy positions. If you do this while crouching, the enemies will not shoot at you before you can see them.

The US side is pretty easy...it gets alot harder when going back across. I left my men trailing far behind me and advanced toward the Mexican side on the far left side of the bridge. As long as you stay crouched behind cover or prone, you should not be spotted before you can make shots.

This mission was fun, but I like Get Me Rosen and Codename: Farallon more.

Just finish mision 10. After a few try and thanks to the quicksave :).

Equipped myself with M14 sniper rifle attach with scope and suppressor and MP5. All my team member died. The marines just useless.

Hope you guys planning for an Add-on campaign cause i just cant get enough!!

All in all GRIN, the game is great!!

One thing I dont understand is, why are the mex gun positions on the US side looking towards the mexican side?

Shouldnt they be facing the other way, into texas?

I've asked the same question. :P

Because the rebels would know that the best position for the ghosts to take down the entire bridge would be to rope down on the bridge itself and therefore they are holding the bridge. I would think the Rebels would have orders to hold the bridge. This is where some imagination helps. It is safe to assume that there are Rebels already in El Paso scouting and holding off any US ground reinforcements. The Ghosts would need to land on the bridge and open the corridor for US ground forces to infiltrate the area. Just my 2 cents.

PS:Now if only the Ghosts could defend me from this tropical storm that's coming to my home town here in south Texas I would be set. It's a good thing the National Guard is down here building the border fence so that they will be here when the storm hits. lol

PPS: Thanks for allowing me to defend my home state Ubisoft or whoever it was that wrote the story for the game. There is something special about playing a game that lets me defend my home state. It's also funny how the guy in the narcom as you are heading for the bridge says his mom lives in San Francisco. My mom lives in San Francisco also. lol

Edited by Demanufakture

The insertion point here is just plain stupid. If they want you to play it alone, they should send you in alone. It's like a bad save point in game where you really shouldn't have saved it.

I had trouble in the last mission because my men died and I had to kill the two helo's on my own. Personally the AI in this game (and GRAW) are mostly useless anyway. I use them as decoys most of the time, LOL.

I think I could keep them all alive if I could make them all go prone instantly. Is there a way to do this? It seems like in [GR], the team would mimic your posture, so if you went prone, they all would.

The insertion point here is just plain stupid. If they want you to play it alone, they should send you in alone. It's like a bad save point in game where you really shouldn't have saved it.

I had trouble in the last mission because my men died and I had to kill the two helo's on my own. Personally the AI in this game (and GRAW) are mostly useless anyway. I use them as decoys most of the time, LOL.

I think I could keep them all alive if I could make them all go prone instantly. Is there a way to do this? It seems like in [GR], the team would mimic your posture, so if you went prone, they all would.

I passed the game and never lost a ghost. Of course it's because of quicksave. It is possible to have all your men survive the insertion if you're lucky. When you have all of them you can set them up on the .50s when the counter attack comes and they kick some ass.

Edited by Demanufakture